Duxton Pinnacle

Hondacub777

Congrats! Are you gonna rent out the place? I know of a few expats who are also eagerly awaiting the release of the Duxton, to rent. The prices at the nearby Icon are going for about 3k a pop for a 600sqft studio, so when the Duxton opens up and floods the market with slightly larger and presumably cheaper rentals, anything below 3k will secure guaranteed rentals.

If I owned a place at the Duxton, I would shamelessly place flyers at the Icon!

If you bought at $400k and manage to rent at 3k a month, your yield will be 9%, no bank could match that!

Good for you guys, not so good for owners of the Icon.

Errr..... you are not allowed to rent it out. Else your neighbour sarbo, your place can be confiscated hor

knowing Singaporean sure sabo.... cause got green eyes monster [gossip] that why you heard of stories new cars get scratch by green eyes monster

Errr..... you are not allowed to rent it out. Else your neighbour sarbo, your place can be confiscated hor

It is true that if you pay in full, you can rent it out legally from year 1?

Regards,

Yeh, but that's not gonna stop a lot of people there from renting out!

And I don't think anyone's gonna sabo their own neighbour if the majority are also gonna be renting out their unit!

I already know of three couples who intend to rent out their place at the Duxton.

yeah...... as if there are many thousands of expats coming to singapore these days and many want to stay in duxton. In the end, many Indians, Vietnamese, Pinoys, PRC , Burmese renting, partitioning the place bring their uncle, aunties, grandfather, grandmother, nephew and niece. Turn your unit into a village [laugh][laugh][laugh]

You're missing the point, kinda. You are right in your skepticism about the number of expats, and that's what makes propositions like the Duxton, attractive!

The expats coming through nowadays are not the expats of yore with generous housing benefits. They're all on tighter budgets and a lot are on local packages, ie. without housing benefits. So in actual fact, although they look like expats, they're actually fake!

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Duxton a year from now being a veritable "United Nations"!

Yeh, but that's not gonna stop a lot of people there from renting out!

And I don't think anyone's gonna sabo their own neighbour if the majority are also gonna be renting out their unit!

I already know of three couples who intend to rent out their place at the Duxton.

You sure our Govt will condone such illegal dealing? I thought several years ago, a HDB's was confiscated because of illegal renting to expat?

Regards,

You sure our Govt will condone such illegal dealing? I thought several years ago, a HDB's was confiscated because of illegal renting to expat?

Regards,

Dunno, but it's happening now in other estates, especially in Queenstown and Tiong Bahru, they just do the tried and trusted, lock one room and put personal belongings in that room!

Congrats! Are you gonna rent out the place? I know of a few expats who are also eagerly awaiting the release of the Duxton, to rent. The prices at the nearby Icon are going for about 3k a pop for a 600sqft studio, so when the Duxton opens up and floods the market with slightly larger and presumably cheaper rentals, anything below 3k will secure guaranteed rentals.

If I owned a place at the Duxton, I would shamelessly place flyers at the Icon!

If you bought at $400k and manage to rent at 3k a month, your yield will be 9%, no bank could match that!

Good for you guys, not so good for owners of the Icon.

Frankly speaking, if Icon is rent out 3k for a 600sqft unit, given Pinnicle 4 rm, 1022 sqft, which is almost double the size, I will not rent out anything less than 3.5k. Just my own opinion...

Dunno, but it's happening now in other estates, especially in Queenstown and Tiong Bahru, they just do the tried and trusted, lock one room and put personal belongings in that room!

So it is SAF style lah, can do anything and everything but don't get caught. But wouldn't an Ang Mo renting a HDB place in DP making it pretty obvious that he is "renting" the place and not the rightful owner?

Anyway, I've not rented any of my houses before but I thought you can still rent out your HDB if your HDB is fully paid for? Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Regards,

Frankly speaking, if Icon is rent out 3k for a 600sqft unit, given Pinnicle 4 rm, 1022 sqft, which is almost double the size, I will not rent out anything less than 3.5k. Just my own opinion...

I don't doubt you could get those rates, I was just quoting a lower figure, even at those low numbers a yield of 9% would be just too tempting, even if it's illegal!

Anyway, I've not rented any of my houses before but I thought you can still rent out your HDB if your HDB is fully paid for? Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Regards,

I have no idea, any HDB experts here?

If im not wrong. One can stay in HDB and rent out thier private property. But not the other way round.

HDB will confisate the HDB property if they ever found out. Better dont do it. [sweatdrop] There will be owners staying there permanently. And if i were one of them and see United Nationality engulfing my estate <_< , i will not hesitate to report. [shakehead]

If im not wrong. One can stay in HDB and rent out thier private property. But not the other way round.

HDB will confisate the HDB property if they ever found out. Better dont do it. [sweatdrop] There will be owners staying there permanently. And if i were one of them and see United Nationality engulfing my estate <_< , i will not hesitate to report. [shakehead]

I guess if I'm an Ang Mo expat, I would also do my homework not to get into trouble by renting HDB unit illegally just to save cost. Unless, the agent cons the Ang Mo, then too bad loh.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement