Reduce Petrol Cost

Pentrain

The voucher cannot be used together with citibank card. It's for those without, my dad gave it away to friend who does not have cc.

↡ Advertisement

hi all,

yep just get from the counter..

hmm..i used with my normal citibank card..not dividend card and still gets 10% discount, smiles point must be accumulated in your smiles card instead.

so my bill wld always be $34 ($4 - 10% discount & $2 voucher) as i pump only $40 each time for now

some cashiers think that cannot use voucher with Credit card..pls tell them to check with their colleagues as i met with some newbies cashiers before..

cheers!!

So can the $2 discount voucher use with DBS platinum Esso Credit Card?

From Petrolwatch.com.sg, DBS platinum Esso Credit Card give 13% discount , so if it can use together with the $2 voucher, it will be better than dividend card.

Correct me if I am wrong

So can the $2 discount voucher use with DBS platinum Esso Credit Card?

From Petrolwatch.com.sg, DBS platinum Esso Credit Card give 13% discount , so if it can use together with the $2 voucher, it will be better than dividend card.

Correct me if I am wrong

Yes, the $2 discount voucher can be used with all types of credit card except citibank.

actually, after comparing esso with SPC, which is better deal?

At SPC, if pay by POSB everyday card,

there's instant 12% discount with 3% rebates & $2 discount for every $40 pumped.

It works out to be total 20% discount.

Pros: $rebates can be redeemed anytime.

Cons: No SPC reward points

At Esso, if pay by citibank dividend card, there's instant 10% discount with 5% rebates and esso points.

It works out to be total 15% discount + esso points.

Pros: Esso point is based on pre-determined cost/litre. If petrol price increase, points accumulate faster.

Cons: Need to wait for rebates to come every 3mths or even later if there's less than $50 accumulated.

Assuming a typical petrol cost of $300 monthly, which will be better deal?

Neutral Newbie

thot i saw a notice at kiosk tat citibank dividend card got xtra 5% discount over normal esso card. apply oridi but now notice seems gone [confused] . anyone noe anything???

Hi Hamburger

normally it will reflect after the third month statement with all the cash rebate if you pump @ ESSO not sure with other kiosk becoz i pump ESSO regularly using this card.

The rebate will then convert to a cash cheque which citibank will then mail it to you.

yes, u got a point there! [thumbsup]

they key word to describe rebate system with posb everyday is liquidity. [thumbsup]

it sure feels good to have the flexibility to use the cash rebate anytime.

but then I can't help but feel that SPC petrol burns faster & engine seems rough at idling.

Not sure if it's true or just mind games.

if pump at esso, have to worry if can hit the $50 rebate amount in 3 months.

But then if petrol price increase significantly, it's probably worthwhile to pump at esso.

yes, u got a point there! [thumbsup]

they key word to describe rebate system with posb everyday is liquidity. [thumbsup]

it sure feels good to have the flexibility to use the cash rebate anytime.

but then I can't help but feel that SPC petrol burns faster & engine seems rough at idling.

Not sure if it's true or just mind games.

if pump at esso, have to worry if can hit the $50 rebate amount in 3 months.

But then if petrol price increase significantly, it's probably worthwhile to pump at esso.

I think you do not need to hit $50 within 3 months.

From Citibank website :

"DIVIDEND Dollars accumulated during any 12 month period commencing from the date your Card is issued or the date your Card account is renewed (as the case may be) have a validity of 15 months from such commencement date and shall thereafter be automatically cancelled. You may accumulate, 12 months from such commencement date, a maximum of S$800 DIVIDEND Dollars."

haha..

what i meant, we may not hit $50 within 3 months but it's okay.

Just that, we won't get the cheque within first 3 months.

That means, we got to wait for next 3 months or so before we can get the cheque.

To some of us, it's a long wait. [sweatdrop]

JB waiting for us... juz imagine the US barrel cost drop, sg cartels no drop... US barrel increase, sg cartels straight increase... now is the same price of petrol as when US barrel costs US140... wif ppl still keep on wan to pump sg petrol, sg cartels will increase and increase like nobody business cos they noe there are ppl cant survive w/o them... haiz... ke lian..

im pumping caltex! 12% discount with my bro's safra card and i use citibank dvidend card to pay with gives me 5% rebate!

Is this the best deal????

I last time pump SPC lehs... but feel not much power.... does anyone here has the same experience???

Btw Im driving a picanto AT