Forklift issues

Upguy1

Supercharged

Err guys, ladies,

Anyone knows what should be the market rate to lease or buy a 2nd hand 3 toner fork-lift?

cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

I believe this leasing company should be able to answer ur query.

Rate should charged by meter usage.

not in my case .... we rent on monthly basis ... use dun use still pay the same amt.

difference is in the brand and weight and model.

btw, TS looking for what type ?? electric, lpg or diesel ?

Forklift market is worst than used car dealers. Rental is high comparing the price of used units.

Buying new is high $40k to $50K and sell it 2nd hand is very cheap (less than $10K) but the used forklift dealers mark up a lot.

Used units of more than 10 years old asking for $15K and dealers always tell you very new, only few years old but most of us are not familiar with the models. No log card like cars to verify the age.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

if long term, better to rent .... industrial equipment very hard to maintain.

if short term, no point to buy even.

leave the maintenace to the rental companies.

my employer is renting abt 40 units of various forklifts, stackers and electric-jacks from a single manufacturer ... but i wun recommend them as i am not satisfied with the eqpt and/service. The price was an issue where my employer was concerned.

bro, u r absolutely correct.

cars r like consumer items, if i cant pay monthly installment, then i hv to sell it (cud be at low price, that depends very much on market/recession, etc).

forklifts r material handling equipments, for specific industries only.

there r battery operated, LP-gas powered, diesel engine propelled, lately CNG propelled.

all vehicles(wheels/tract/chain-driven, etc) r subjected to LTA registration.

road tax exempted for forklifts, n forklifts r NOT permitted to be operating in roads that maintain by public funds.

Forklift operators require to pass tests, hence forklift licence will be issued, depending on type of loading capacities of forklifts i.e.: below 5ton, & above 5ton.

a log card with G-plate wud be issued by LTA once that proto type of forklift is approved by LTA, potential buyers cud verify the age of equipment.

I have PSA forklift license. Drove it once only after passing. For me, not useful, just a collection.

Done it in 2008. That time course fees were :

Theory : S$85.60

Practical : S$256.80

Three day course, one day theory and two day practical.

• Praise 1

I have PSA forklift license. Drove it once only after passing. For me, not useful, just a collection.

Done it in 2008. That time course fees were :

Theory : S$85.60

Practical : S$256.80

Three day course, one day theory and two day practical.

Thanks, bro. [:)]

• Praise 2

Any bro here has got a forklift license? Is it useful and what is the cost of training?

It's good to have such licence cause once you passed it, it would be lifetime.

How does one get started? Go where to download applications forms? PSA website?

Just contact them thru here : http://www.psa-institute.com/2/0/equipment-operations-courses/wsq-operate-forklift-course-1-day-theory--mandarin-

PSA is not the only centre to learn. There is also UMW in Pioneer.

http://www.umwequipment.com/forklift-driver-training?gclid=CMugy5nb6rsCFQTnpAodGiIASQ

Most prefer PSA cos of the branding. I went to PSA for forklift and UMW for reach truck. PSA course, have to get own lunch. UMW got cater buffet lunch. [grin]

• Praise 1

why not get taxi licence instead? newspapers say cab drivers earning more nowadays due to the fare hike.

Forklift better - what you carrying never complain.

Unless poor taxi drivers.

[sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement