Forklift issues

Upguy1

1 minute ago, Count-Bracula said:

Any bro can recommend where to go for forklift lesson?  NTUC Learning Hub or PSA better? Thanks. 

Who paying? 

PSA is for the branding.

Mine was from PSA. But PSA no provide lunch during training. My reachtruck course in UMW comes with meals.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

My initial was under CIAS (Dnata).

Then when umbrella-ed under MOM, had to retake again, same place... But this time "MOM certified", so can use islandwide. Company paid. I actually took my forklift cert before my class 3.

Both times no free meals.

But it's 99.9% sure pass one... Unless the learner is really really really cmi one.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

My initial was under CIAS (Dnata).

Then when umbrella-ed under MOM, had to retake again, same place... But this time "MOM certified", so can use islandwide. Company paid. I actually took my forklift cert before my class 3.

Both times no free meals.

But it's 99.9% sure pass one... Unless the learner is really really really cmi one.

PSA one, very strict leh. No 99.9% pass. If you cant make the timing in practical, have to retake.

The practical was to unstack and restack 6 pallets of large barrels. If barrels fall off pallet, will minus mark.

Edited by Adrianli
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Who paying? 

PSA is for the branding.

Mine was from PSA. But PSA no provide lunch during training. My reachtruck course in UMW comes with meals.

Thanks,  Adrian. 

I guess I'll head down NTUC Learning Hub to sign up.  Dropped an enquiry on the course via their website but no reply.

Is it difficult to operate a forklift? 

1 hour ago, Count-Bracula said:

Thanks,  Adrian. 

I guess I'll head down NTUC Learning Hub to sign up.  Dropped an enquiry on the course via their website but no reply.

Not difficult but need to get used to rear wheel steering.

Supersonic
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Not difficult but need to get used to rear wheel steering.

Not say very difficult but also not say easy to operate a forklift lo. Must know how to control the pedals and the fork to loan and unload goods. 😂

I find driving a car much easier than operate a forklift. 😅

Edited by 13177

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

Thanks,  Adrian. 

and its use left hand ONLY to steer, and right hand to control the forks.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Adrianli said:

PSA one, very strict leh. No 99.9% pass. If you cant make the timing in practical, have to retake.

The practical was to unstack and restack 6 pallets of large barrels. If barrels fall off pallet, will minus mark.

my class had one guy that did not understand english ... but the tester "sort-of" pointed all the answers to him.

then there is another guy who could not co-ordinate his left and right hands ... but also passed ! 🤣

Supersonic
21 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

my class had one guy that did not understand english ... but the tester "sort-of" pointed all the answers to him.

then there is another guy who could not co-ordinate his left and right hands ... but also passed ! 🤣

This is dangerous if the person could not co-ordinate his left and right hands while operating a forklift.

22 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

At PSA Institute, before start of class, the instructor ensure that everyone understood english. Cos there are other classes in other languages. He kept asking those ah nei if they know what he talking about.[laugh]

Twincharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

This is dangerous if the person could not co-ordinate his left and right hands while operating a forklift.

That's why I said 99.9% passing rate ... Never heard anyone failing it... Unless the joker no-show.

Edited by Ysc3