How many interviews to go b4 getting the job

Chaihot5

aiyah.

sometimes just do a ren qing for people... you won't know sometimes karma very funny one.

don't need to sabo lah.

everyone got family to support.

not as if he don't get the job, you have anything to gain right?

so I will usually just give a good referral no matter what.

Yes, your posting remind of some incidents that happened few years ago. 

There is one senior engineer in one of the top telco company, his pay around 7 to 8k which we expect a lot from him. 

He screwed up so many projects and almost activated whole division several times to clean shit for him, including me.

But he always thought that the fault always with the customers being too picky / unreasonable and ultimately, he resigned after upsetting the whole division.

He went for several interviews and at least 3 companies / MNC contacted me and asked me about his background.

And of course, he didn't even get an interview from the 3 MNC at all. 

Sometime, I am amazed on the power of those headhunters, or recruitment agency and how they managed to contact me. 

you going back to aviation?

or still automotive?

This statement I fully agree !! Their digging for information prowess indeed amazing Singapore. 1 of my jobs, after interview the company called the reference which I gave with the previous company. It was straight forward. This time round, I also kena "STUN"...no reference given, no calls, not yet even interview..they already C.S.I. Dig out to check on me !! It was just happened that I dropped my ex-colleague a happy new year note that he told me someone had called him to do some C.S.I...not sure id it was the recent applications I sent or some or other opportunity....well, let's see how it goes !!

Cheers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

aiyah.

sometimes just do a ren qing for people... you won't know sometimes karma very funny one.

don't need to sabo lah.

Think this is not consider sabo lo, just say the truth only when people ask for referral check. Lol.

Think this is not consider sabo lo, just say the truth only when people ask for referral check. Lol.

I mean Can help just help Lor. If nothing nice to say just keep quiet.

Besides. If he really buay Gan then just treat it as sabo competitor Lor.

If it's a buay Gan colleague even better. Get him out of your hair.

Honestly giving ppl a good referral is a no lose situation.

Hahaha

• Praise 2

I mean Can help just help Lor. If nothing nice to say just keep quiet.

Besides. If he really buay Gan then just treat it as sabo competitor Lor.

If it's a buay Gan colleague even better. Get him out of your hair.

Honestly giving ppl a good referral is a no lose situation.

Hahaha

What if i say: Sorry, no comment as I have nothing good to say about this fellow  [sly]

• Praise 1

aiyah.

don't need to sabo lah.

I know. Normally I try not to sabo people future. I have to be honest becos of 2 things

1.  When he screw up big times, he just went MIA, took urgent leave and MC, refused to answer his mobile even when we try to help him.

2. All the 3 x MNC hiring manager and directors know me personnally and contacted me to ask for more info. I cannot lie to them or help him too much as it may damage my reputation. I may joined any of these 3 MNC in the future. 

I got nothing to gain but I also got no choice. 

I would help him a little bit if I could

• Praise 3

What if i say: Sorry, no comment as I have nothing good to say about this fellow  [sly]

Actually I didn't say too much. Just said that I not very closed to him and didn't know much about him.

Didn't add much negative comments and fire on this guy. 

(he is under me for quite a few projects, so more or less people know what I mean)

• Praise 1

Actually I didn't say too much. Just said that I not very closed to him and didn't know much about him.

Didn't add much negative comments and fire on this guy. 

(he is under me for quite a few projects, so more or less people know what I mean)

Yeah.

usually when you know the hiring manager personally then a bit more complicated.

when you don't wanna comment too much they will know liaoz. hahaha

Think no company would want to take the risk of hiring a person if the referral check on that person turns out to be not very good. Too bad most people simply like to just base on what other say de. They would not want to judge by themselves.

Now with everything (including interviews) going online, what is the duration of a typical interview with HR and hiring manager in the same panel?

Is 30 minutes enough for the hiring manager to come to a positive decision?

Edited by Albeniz

4 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Now with everything (including interviews) going online, what is the duration of a typical interview with HR and hiring manager in the same panel?

Online or no online, doesn't make difference 

My personal experience. Online is as long as face to face. One hour. 

I also got face to face that lasted 2 hours and 45 mins.  Any one can beat this?

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

I also got face to face that lasted 2 hours and 45 mins.  Any one can beat this?

The one you were hiring must be very chio 😁

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Jusnel said:

2 hr 45 mins?  match making ah?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Now cannot go to the company to have interview liao?

Depends on position. If you are hiring a senior position or manager level, dont think 30 mins is enough. And if you are interviewing a driver position, maybe 30 mins might be too long?! 😂

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
3 minutes ago, Davidklt said:

2 hr 45 mins?  match making ah?

love making also not that long lah. tinder swipe is only split second decision. hahahah

• Haha! 4

14 hours ago, 13177 said:

Now cannot go to the company to have interview liao?

Depends on position. If you are hiring a senior position or manager level, dont think 30 mins is enough. And if you are interviewing a driver position, maybe 30 mins might be too long?! 😂

Still can go office for interview la. 

↡ Advertisement