How many interviews to go b4 getting the job

Chaihot5

which coy TS applying hope is not one particular swimming club or polytehnic , I have noticed for the past 5 years or so they will be advertising for the same job position of engineer every 2 to 3 months , there must be something very wrong with the coy . my guess is the old timer mgt must be pushing the new comer every hard , each candidate survive less than 3 months , think every time things go wrong they will push the blame and make the new engineer scapegoat so the guy lan lan resign

chinese swimming club?

B4 the above, I joined the Navy right after last paper of Poly exam. Also need to go thru two interview. Blardy hell, on the 2nd interview the officer ask me got VCD movie to lend it to him to watch. [dead]

I also go for Navy interview. One time only leh.

I think nowadays they just take anybody lah, unless the person is a bit 'sot' (crazy).

I also go for Navy interview. One time only leh.

I think nowadays they just take anybody lah, unless the person is a bit 'sot' (crazy).

Mine was in 1997. First round was after submitting the application form then went down for interview. Tis one was one to one interview.

Then after medical examination, 2nd round of interview. This one was one interviewer and five interviewee!!! All five of us are of different vocation. Very weird, but it was my first real full time job. The only weird thing was at the end of interview, he asked all of us if we have VCD to lend it to him. One guy raised his hand and he bugged him to lend it to him. :D I meant the other four guys again in BMT, same batch. :D

Hi

I have a question.

How many interviews do you have to go through b4 getting the job. I'm speaking in general terms.

I'm applying for an Engineer job, and i've gone through the 1st interview. I'm going for a 2nd interview this week.

Normally what questions will they ask on the 2nd interview.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

The most I gone thru was 4 rounds with a US company.

Mine was in 1997. First round was after submitting the application form then went down for interview. Tis one was one to one interview.

Then after medical examination, 2nd round of interview. This one was one interviewer and five interviewee!!! All five of us are of different vocation. Very weird, but it was my first real full time job. The only weird thing was at the end of interview, he asked all of us if we have VCD to lend it to him. One guy raised his hand and he bugged him to lend it to him. :D I meant the other four guys again in BMT, same batch. :D

I see.

My medical was before the interview. Then the one on one. After that, accepted already.

So you have observed that as well ... any idea what happen there ?

i have no idea. but been there before. if working inhouse, it seems like a nice and relaxing place to wok in

unless you have crazy customers and bosses....

Neutral Newbie

Thank you guys for your invaluable advice.

I've got the job through 2 interviews, tomolo signing contract :)

Cheers

Thank you guys for your invaluable advice.

I've got the job through 2 interviews, tomolo signing contract :)

Cheers

congrats! [thumbsup]

Hmm for me its usually....

1. Hiring manager

2. Hiring manager's boss

3. The bosses of groups that you will be working with

4. HR

Hmm actually I think if you clear round 2...you have a good 50% chance of landing the job.

How much did it cost to take a nice head shot photo that will be used to apply job with resumes? If possible,any recommended photo studios.

Edited by Winningeleven

Anybody in human resources ( HR ) or encounter similar experience can provide advice.

Recently, I sent some ( 2 or 3 ) resumes out direct the companies to apply for job opening they have.

Now, 1 of my ex-colleague from my ex-company told me that "somebody / someone" contacted him recently to "ask about me". My ex-colleague told me "the person" apparently was doing a reference check on me. None of the companies have called me nor invited for interview. Blind reference check ? No head no tail, my ex colleague also don't know who called and from where ?? He asked me wat job I applied

Wat does this mean ?

Normally this happened in the same trade you are in.

Nowadays, a job openings recceived many CV and the hiring company / HR need to filter and shortlisted those they see potential. 

Sometime, the HR and hiring manager will do a background check from someone in the same trade as you. To know more about you

before they contact you for the interview. 

Its normal and dun have to worry too much. To summarise, the company may have shortlisted you for an interview.

Good luck and all the best!!!

• Praise 1

Maybe my English writing resume skills too impressively fantastic haha !! Else, I too famous in the industry / trade.

Either way, my phone has yet to ring yet !! Hahahaha..Long time never go interview already....hehehehe

The way "they" check is simply amazing !! I very curious also.

i think your ex-colleague bad mouth you, that's why no call [laugh] [laugh]
  • Praise 1

Maybe my English writing resume skills too impressively fantastic haha !! Else, I too famous in the industry / trade.

Either way, my phone has yet to ring yet !! Hahahaha..Long time never go interview already....hehehehe

The way "they" check is simply amazing !! I very curious also.

Must be high level job. Haha

• Praise 3

Anybody in human resources ( HR ) or encounter similar experience can provide advice.

Recently, I sent some ( 2 or 3 ) resumes out direct the companies to apply for job opening they have.

Now, 1 of my ex-colleague from my ex-company told me that "somebody / someone" contacted him recently to "ask about me". My ex-colleague told me "the person" apparently was doing a reference check on me. None of the companies have called me nor invited for interview. Blind reference check ? No head no tail, my ex colleague also don't know who called and from where ?? He asked me wat job I applied

Wat does this mean ?

It happens. The hiring company once narrowed down to a list of candidates, the HR or a search firm may do a reference check to further shortlisting their candidates. Those who get good feedback from the reference check would get a better chance to be called up for 1st interview. But it does not mean those who have no reference check will not get called up. Instead, if a candidate recieved unfavorable feedback, then he/she will be unlikely to be called up for interview. You will be amazed how those search firms could link people in the industries.

It happens. The hiring company once narrowed down to a list of candidates, the HR or a search firm may do a reference check to further shortlisting their candidates. Those who get good feedback from the reference check would get a better chance to be called up for 1st interview. But it does not mean those who have no reference check will not get called up. Instead, if a candidate recieved unfavorable feedback, then he/she will be unlikely to be called up for interview. You will be amazed how those search firms could link people in the industries.

Yes, your posting remind of some incidents that happened few years ago. 

There is one senior engineer in one of the top telco company, his pay around 7 to 8k which we expect a lot from him. 

He screwed up so many projects and almost activated whole division several times to clean shit for him, including me.

But he always thought that the fault always with the customers being too picky / unreasonable and ultimately, he resigned after upsetting the whole division.

He went for several interviews and at least 3 companies / MNC contacted me and asked me about his background.

And of course, he didn't even get an interview from the 3 MNC at all. 

Sometime, I am amazed on the power of those headhunters, or recruitment agency and how they managed to contact me. 

↡ Advertisement