HORN Review- PIAA, Hella, Stebel

Tubecreamer

hi thinking of changing horns.

I tried PIAA at autobacs, sounds quite ok with twin tone.

which bro has changed horns before? which do u like the best?

↡ Advertisement

bro! just get what you like! if you think PIAA sounds good, go for it.

i like my bak chor mee with lots of vinegar and chilli, do you? [thumbsup]

Hella black trumpets twin tone 110dB. $55 incl installation+wires from my usual soft mods workshop. IMO sounds better than the red ones which are too shrill. get something that is not too high pitched. low and solid would be nice. and of course twin tone. and autobacs isnt exactly price friendly.

im on stebel magnum II with relay...u can try this

Any idea roughly how much will it cost including installation

last time I bought stebel magnum II for like $15? It was probably the horn that gave best ROI.

If I'm not wrong, I saw carrefour selling it for like $16 or $18? Installation you can go find some cheapo shops do it. Or can DIY. It's quite easy. Just replace your old horns assuming if it's very accessible for yourself.

Edited by Kianbeng

Here is a link showing the results of horn testing:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-hor...-comparison.htm

Can see inside got a table summarising the results, some horns the actual vs claim results got discrepancy.

Basically two type of horn, the "directional" which looks like a disc, and a "surrounding" which looks like a snail. Depending on application, each has its own advantage.

I've installed a pair of hella supertone while maintaining my stock horn, so 2 pair blasting at same time. [thumbsup]

Hella black trumpets twin tone 110dB. $55 incl installation+wires from my usual soft mods workshop. IMO sounds better than the red ones which are too shrill. get something that is not too high pitched. low and solid would be nice. and of course twin tone. and autobacs isnt exactly price friendly.

I feel higher pitch good, can really get people's attention. Higher tone easier to "pierce" thru the car's interior as compared to a bassy tone. But bassy tone do sound nicer.

Neutral Newbie

I'm for Hella and BOSCH.

Fitted two pairs in my ride, 1pr Hella, and 1pr BOSCH Rally. Both are inter-mixed during installation, pairing one Hella high tone snail horn with the other Low tone bosh snail horn. Result? Ear-busting loud!

I avoid using it in carparks..sounds like a Train!

Here is a link showing the results of horn testing:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-hor...-comparison.htm

Can see inside got a table summarising the results, some horns the actual vs claim results got discrepancy.

Basically two type of horn, the "directional" which looks like a disc, and a "surrounding" which looks like a snail. Depending on application, each has its own advantage.

I've installed a pair of hella supertone while maintaining my stock horn, so 2 pair blasting at same time. [thumbsup]

I now have a pair of Hella Supertone + 2 pair of Stebel Magnum II, so total is "6 pack" [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Ffwahh.. this one is really OVERKILL..!

I now have a pair of Hella Supertone + 2 pair of Stebel Magnum II, so total is "6 pack" [laugh]

Ffwahh.. this one is really OVERKILL..!

yah, you are right, I actually have 2 pair of Stebel Magnum from my preivous ride and decided to try out the Hella Supertone, instead of replacing them, I just add in lor [laugh]

↡ Advertisement