Black ants - How to get rid of them in the house?

Guyver

Dear all,

Ants problem .... black ones. Seems to be getting alot lately.

Any good way to remove them?

↡ Advertisement

mine alwaz appear on the kitchen top.. those tiny ones... they dun seem to like sweet things, but like to drink water... wheneevr my kitchen top is wet, they will appear... damn headache..

There must be a nest somewhere in your house. Find out where they go and destroy it. I suggest you look into something that's made of wood. You have to eliminate almost every ant when you find the nest or else they will try to setup nest elsewhere.

For me I hate bugs and lizards. I hunt them down and terminate their "illegal stay" for good.

For house lizard, my right hand hold the insecticide, other hand hold a rolled up newspaper or magazine. Blind the bugger with the insecticide spray, it will panic and try to escape, best is force it to a corner or somewhere it cannot escape. The best thing is the bugger fell to the floor cos it's when it runs the slowest, whack the bugger with the rolled up newspaper or magazine. RIP mxthxr-fxckxr.

Imagine I stay between 25floor~30floor, en-bloc new building, the only things I bring over from the old place is some clothes and personal stuff like the PC, everything else is new. No bugs, ants of any sort. Dan when neighbours start moving in only all these pests start to appear. Can lizard & ants climb so many floors?

Where the ants in my house come from? My neighbours god damn potted plants have several ant nests in them and they try to migrate to my apartment but failed horribly. Finally my neighbour ask me why I dun have potted plants. I couldn't be more happier and said they attract bugs and I pointed out his had whole lot of ants. He was embarrassed and threw them away.

Most importantly is look for the source of these pests. They reproduced quickly and traps only kill a small % . Find the source and get rid of it once and for all.

Edited by Watwheels

I dun cook. My kitchen is for show one. [laugh]

We have a common rubbish chute out at the corridor. Less chance for them. I dunno whether they can climb so many floors. And it can only be brought in by human beings.

After all it's our sloppiness that we attract so many of such pests.

There must be a nest somewhere in your house. Find out where they go and destroy it. I suggest you look into something that's made of wood. You have to eliminate almost every ant when you find the nest or else they will try to setup nest elsewhere.

For me I hate bugs and lizards. I hunt them down and terminate their "illegal stay" for good.

For house lizard, my right hand hold the insecticide, other hand hold a rolled up newspaper or magazine. Blind the bugger with the insecticide spray, it will panic and try to escape, best is force it to a corner or somewhere it cannot escape. The best thing is the bugger fell to the floor cos it's when it runs the slowest, whack the bugger with the rolled up newspaper or magazine. RIP mxthxr-fxckxr.

Actually lizards are good to keep. Don't kill them la. They help you eat up the pests.

Actually lizards are good to keep. Don't kill them la. They help you eat up the pests.

Eww shyt. Nice try.......!

I kinda hate them when their tails drop off.

AND WHEN THEY LIKE TO HIDE IN THE TOILET WHEN YOU PEE! No privacy...

Totally disgusted, but surprisingly..., not really scared of them though....

Eww shyt. Nice try.......!

I kinda hate them when their tails drop off.

AND WHEN THEY LIKE TO HIDE IN THE TOILET WHEN YOU PEE! No privacy...

Totally disgusted, but surprisingly..., not really scared of them though....

Hahaha. [laugh]

If you don't ka jiao them their tails won't drop off.

The privacy part, i don't think they stare at you when u pee right? hahaha.

Neutral Newbie

I had ant problem because I used to leave my coffee packet hanging ard. Tried cinnamon...didn't work. Then I tried this insect poison called golden rooster. Its sold at mustafa and ntuc. Quite good. Maybe you can try it. Its sold in small boxes like choco bar....$2 plus.

Their sh*t on the wall is very difficult to remove and they dun eat ants.

I strongly recommend you try something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pest-Stop-Professi...r/dp/B000FII3Y2

I got this at one of those DIY shops. Cost me about $49 and seems to work very well. We used to have a serious ants and fruit-flies infestation problem. After installing it, so far I only see one isolated ant, and one isolated fruit fly that was trying to find it's way out of my home. On rainy nights even if we leave the windows ajar, flying insects also won't fly into our house, when in the past they used to be attracted to the lights in the house.

The good thing about such a device is that it scares away cockroaches, lizards, ants, flies, mosquitoes, mouse (I think that's most of our problems). It uses no chemicals, there's no traps to cleanup, no dead insects. So it's perfectly fine and safe especially if you have kids around. It basically emits a high frequency noise which is inaudible to human ears, but supposedly very uncomfortable to pests.

Only thing to be aware is if you have hamsters and guinea pigs as pets, then your beloved pets be rather upset all the time, and the stress will probably make them die younger. And yes, maybe teenagers can hear the sound and find it annoying too.

Simply go into any HDB hardware/provision shop. Ask them for ant poison. Each packet shouldn't cost more than $1.50. I bought my supply from Malaysia. They're really cheap, about RM1.00 per packet. Don't bother with the expensive stuff. There are many brands around, most are made in China. The basically work the same way.

Place a little bit of the powder along the path where the ants walk. The ants love the taste of the poison. They'll then carry the stuff back to their nest, where they'll consume the poison. Pretty soon, the entire family (of ants) will be dead! It'll take approximately 2-3 days to see results. Won't see the ants for months thereafter.

Simply go into any HDB hardware/provision shop. Ask them for ant poison. Each packet shouldn't cost more than $1.50. I bought my supply from Malaysia. They're really cheap, about RM1.00 per packet. Don't bother with the expensive stuff. There are many brands around, most are made in China. The basically work the same way.

Place a little bit of the powder along the path where the ants walk. The ants love the taste of the poison. They'll then carry the stuff back to their nest, where they'll consume the poison. Pretty soon, the entire family (of ants) will be dead! It'll take approximately 2-3 days to see results. Won't see the ants for months thereafter.

Be careful where you deploy this kind of powder. Remember to put far far away from food.

My friend's stupid maid put them in the kitchen then one gust of wind come, all the powder disappeared. I later saw some similar looking big grains of powder-like stuff on a cake on the kitchen table.... wah lau don't know is it the ants poison brought there by the wind. Immediately advised my friend to throw the cake away.

It's safer to put them in a small box. Cut 2 holes at the sides for the ants to enter and exit. A few more on top to allow light to enter the box, if you like.

↡ Advertisement