Black ants - How to get rid of them in the house?

Guyver

I will set a sugary trap and when you lots of them busy slurping the liquid . . . WHAM!!

Repeat until the colony gets wipe out.

Takes a few days but it works . . .

Having said that . . . . at one time I was interested in setting up an ant farm.

Search for a Queen ant and starting a colony . . . maybe in the office [:p]

No need to search lah...they’ll cum one day...

post-163127-0-26011900-1555122596_thumb.jpeg

↡ Advertisement

My neighbor gave me combat strips. I put one and quite a lot of ants. But after half an hour become lesser ants. Is it because they know it's a poison so they stopped taking it? Anyone knows?

Edited by Jysel

Update : No ants at the combat strips since 24 hours ago, also no ants at the sink area. I will monitor till end of next week to determine if everything is clear.

Update : No ants at the combat strips since 24 hours ago, also no ants at the sink area. I will monitor till end of next week to determine if everything is clear.

Looks like this combat strip quite effective in killing ants? I also tried using this before, ants really disappeared.

Looks like this combat strip quite effective in killing ants? I also tried using this before, ants really disappeared.

Yes, seems like it. But funny thing is, they all disappear only one hour after eating the bait and zero ants all the way till now. I still have not thrown the strip, when should I throw it away?

By the way, how long did zero ants last for you from the day you put combat strip?

Yes, seems like it. But funny thing is, they all disappear only one hour after eating the bait and zero ants all the way till now. I still have not thrown the strip, when should I throw it away?

By the way, how long did zero ants last for you from the day you put combat strip?

I don’t remember how long but i noticed the content inside the combat strip totally become empty. Maybe you can leave it for a while and observe if the ants really totally gone.

I donât remember how long but i noticed the content inside the combat strip totally become empty. Maybe you can leave it for a while and observe if the ants really totally gone.

But I worry if I leave it there too long will attract new colony?

But I worry if I leave it there too long will attract new colony?

Dont think it will attract new colony since it is poison inside the combat strip. Even new colony come, if they eat the poison also would get wipe out de.

Just have to keep the house clean to avoid attracting them, there is no way to get ris of ants completely.

My two biggest problems are lizards and creepy crawlies. Lizards will shit all over the place. During some bad weather , the creepy crawlies that look like centipetes will crawl to the front area and at time one or two may even go into my living area.

Edited by Ct3833

Ants and mozzie are the two main problems for me. Lol. Esp mozzie, also dont know where they come from?

• Praise 1

Just have to keep the house clean to avoid attracting them, there is no way to get ris of ants completely.

My two biggest problems are lizards and creepy crawlies. Lizards will shit all over the place. During some bad weather , the creepy crawlies that look like centipetes will crawl to the front area and at time one or two may even go into my living area.

My house is like sterile house, spick and span, yet ants still come in and even attack something like toothpaste when there's nothing to eat in the toilet. That's my headache and phobia, why do they choose my place where no food left around for them to eat???

I also have a lizard nest at the top trunking in front of our main door for years. They used to enter but realized we reject them, we will usually use a container to trap them and bring it downstairs to release in the grass.

Centipedes like crawlies I had encountered them in my parents old place last time. It is due to the hygiene of your block. Call town council to complain problem.

Ants and mozzie are the two main problems for me. Lol. Esp mozzie, also dont know where they come from?

My neighbor will call up either town council or NEA when he has mozzies in his flat. They will put pesticide in the surrounding drains of your block or neighborhood. After that mozzies will be greatly reduced. Try calling them to make a case.
  • Praise 1

Centipedes like crawlies I had encountered them in my parents old place last time. It is due to the hygiene of your block. Call town council to complain problem.

My neighbor will call up either town council or NEA when he has mozzies in his flat. They will put pesticide in the surrounding drains of your block or neighborhood. After that mozzies will be greatly reduced. Try calling them to make a case.

ooops now looks like my fault, NEA will fine me if it is a hygiene problem. Haha. Edited by Ct3833

ooops now looks like my fault, NEA will fine me if it is a hygiene problem. Haha.

No they won't. You are just reporting a pest problem and they need to solve it. I called town council whenever I see ant trail or dead insects outside my unit. My neighbor will call NEA if he sees mozzies in his house and they will spray the drains surrounding our block.

In fact, feedback from residents help authorities to understand the hygiene situation better. This way, our block gets cleaned regularly and thus we will see a reduction in the pests.

However in my ant case, town council thinks it's too small matter to eradicate. Now my neighbors also kena ants in their house. Sad.

Nowadays seldom or hardly can find centipedes appeared in hdb flat, i remember long long time ago in my parents flat, always can see centipedes appeared in the toilet de, could be due to old and dirty block.

Looks like i need to call town council on the mozzie problem. Seems like i got bitten by mozzie at least 2 times per month. I am more worry of dengue, if normal mozzie still not so scare.

Nowadays seldom or hardly can find centipedes appeared in hdb flat, i remember long long time ago in my parents flat, always can see centipedes appeared in the toilet de, could be due to old and dirty block.

Looks like i need to call town council on the mozzie problem. Seems like i got bitten by mozzie at least 2 times per month. I am more worry of dengue, if normal mozzie still not so scare.

If you got bitten during evening to night time, then it's normal mozzies. If bitten in hot noon, likely aedes mozzies...

If you got bitten during evening to night time, then it's normal mozzies. If bitten in hot noon, likely aedes mozzies...

I usually got bitten evening to night time on weekday, and sometimes afternoon on weekend if i am at home.  [dizzy]

↡ Advertisement