Encounter with Taxi Road Rage - Pls advise.

Creative_tec

Taxi Road Rage - Need Opinion  

167 members have voted

1. 1. To proceed with charge?

• Yes.. He deserved it!
    • No .. Save his life, don't make it worse

For the sake of all of us who might encounter such barbs, I strong urge that you charge the uncouth lout, and make an example of him for all other would be Road Bullies/Ragers to know what it COSTS to physically take it out on others.

To all Road Ragers; If you are frustrated with your own life, don't vent it on others over small matters - go and jump down better.

[thumbsup] well said!

↡ Advertisement

I'm very surprised that the police arrest the taxi driver on the spot, especially when there's no visble injury (except for pain and bruise on hand). There have been reports where people kena whack until blood all over the shop, nose broken, teeth fallen out... but the police merely tell the victim to make magistrate report.

Why is this case so special that the police arrest the taxi driver on the spot, when in TS own words he instigate the whole incident by scolding the taxi driver? And no grievous injuries.

Don't be mistaken, I am not taking the taxi driver side, and am glad finally justice is prevailing in having the violent offender arrested. But why the double standards in this case? Is TS an elite, as usually police only take action for elites, and peasants supposed to take care of themselves thru magistrate?

As Alice said... curiouser and curiouser.... [confused]

Neutral Newbie

Charge him... cause what would have become of you had your fingers been crushed and u became invalid as a result? car no big issue at most can repair or change door...lucky u are fine. Ppl can say things to get each other angry (like u calling him an 'idiot') but to get physical over day to day issues is just too much.

if you even want to consider dropping charges...the least he should do is foot all medical bills, repairs and offer a formal apology in newspaper.

Edited by Darkness

What are you hesitating for? I will make sure i pursue this case and blow it up as much as i can. I will make him suffer....so what if he's a divorced bankrupt. Even if i have to go civil and spend $, I will not let him off. Period.

In this society, either you be the hunter or be hunted. No apologies.

What are you hesitating for? I will make sure i pursue this case and blow it up as much as i can. I will make him suffer....so what if he's a divorced bankrupt. Even if i have to go civil and spend $, I will not let him off. Period.

In this society, either you be the hunter or be hunted. No apologies.

Yup kind-hearted people suffer 。 。 。 it does not pay to be kind, you may disagree but it's TRUE [sweatdrop]

Facts:

(1) It is a road rage incident, a criminal offence in Singapore.

(2) He had caused you bodily harm.

(3) There is a witness to the incident.

The cabby, driving a Merc, being a bankrupt and a divorcee are irrelevant and notwithstanding.

I'd strongly recommend, urge you even, to file the charges against him.

Let the law deal with such inconsiderate and uncouth low lives.

We live in a civlised society, all forms of violence is un-called for. Yes, sometimes people can be uncouth, can be rule, inconsiderate. That's their upbringing.

But using force on others, no matter what form of provocation is still wrong. I hope the police and our justice system will take this case to send out a strong signal to all. Any form of violence is unacceptable here.

Hi All,

Just last saturday, i encountered a road rage by a Merc cab driver. Below is what happen....

Went to Sentosa Tanjong Bench with my wife, was behind this Merc Prestige Cab. While in the open carpark towards the dead end where you have to do a U pin turn, this cabby stop his vehicle right at the turn. At that time of point, a lot of cars, including mine is waiting for him to align his passengers.

Waited more than 5 mins, passenger haven't finish paying/unloading their stuffs. Feeling a bit pissed off, i got off my car, went up to the cab and tell the cabby off ... below is the conversation;

ME: Uncle, if you want to alight your passenger, can you move a bit to the front next time.. its blocking all the cars behind..

Cabby: WHAT? i come here first, my passenger want to align here, what can i do? what you want?

ME: Uncle, if your passengers want to alight, you can always move forward a bit. Just 2 metre forward and its okay already

Cabby: I don't want to move. I come here first. You don't know the rule issit? so what you want to do to me huh? GO AWAY LA!!

ME (feeling pissed off): no wonder taxis got such a bad name. its all bcoz of idiots like you guys!! IDIOT!

So i straight away turn back and walk towards my car. As i reach my car with my left hand holding my car door, the cabby kick the door and the door slammed real hard against the car frame, with my fingers in between.

Enduring the pain, i open the car door to release my fingers. Before i can say anything, the cabby start swearing at me, cursing me. I asked him why he kick my door? he say i spat at him... at that point, i really blur!!!

My wife came down the car and called the police. Seriously wanted to punch him on his face but i hold back. Just when i am aruging with him, the passengers whom have alight from his cab just now walk up to my wife and offered to be the witness as he saw the whole thing.

To cut short the story, my finger is working fine now and X-ray shows that my bones are okay. The cabby was arrested and locked up by the police and i have called SMRT to inform them of this incident.

So now, the IO for the case is waiting to see if i want to go ahead and charge that fella for road rage and if he is charged, most likely he will be sentence to a yr jail.

My wife keep telling me to let that guy off coz that guy told the police he is a bankrupt and is divorced. I wanted to let him go too as life in Singapore is already very hard. Moreover, with a prison background, its very hard to find other jobs but all my friends tell me NOT TO.

I ask the IO to ask the cabby to pay me $700 for my car door (the top edge corner of the door is a bit dented out and now can hear wind blowing noise) and my injury but the cabby doesn't want to pay.

so do you guys think i shd go ahead and charge? and how can i recover the damage to my door?

you called him uncle,so i supposed he is old.

this type of people need to be taught a lesson.

so old still behave like a hooligan.

if you let him off,who is going to do justice to your fingers and your car door?

This kind of people needs to be locked up. So being a bankrupt and is divorced big fark ah? Can go around whacking people is it?

Reminds me of another Merc taxi driver who was complained by a passenger for driving recklessly and was fined $1400 in the end even after appealing...haha.

Those Merc taxi driver have to drill this in their head - in the end, they are still driving a TAXI.

Why is Singapore becoming a Country of impatience? Even taking a Sentosa break, wait 5 mins also can turn into an ugly incident?

I guess 5 mins can rush drink 1 can drink or go toilet pee? Wait 5 mins will boilover already resulting in prideful arguement and a bad day for a family and jail time for a mistake. What kind of Country do we want to live in? No wonder so many people wanna migrate! [thumbsdown]

Neutral Newbie

If the conversation described by TS is true, this taxi driver really got attitude problem. And he dun even show any remorse for what he did.

Can only use one word to describe him... 人渣

If you dun charge him, you are really letting everyone down esp. the witness

Why is Singapore becoming a Country of impatience? Even taking a Sentosa break, wait 5 mins also can turn into an ugly incident?

I guess 5 mins can rush drink 1 can drink or go toilet pee? Wait 5 mins will boilover already resulting in prideful arguement and a bad day for a family and jail time for a mistake. What kind of Country do we want to live in? No wonder so many people wanna migrate! [thumbsdown]

What talking you? You mean if people block the road, all the drivers of cars stuck behind should happily get out of their cars leaving a huge long traffic jam, and just go off to have a drink or take toilet break? Makes no sense, whether in sentosa or orchard road.

The taxi driver in the first place should have been aware of other road users, and be considerate enough to stop his car without blocking the road. What TS did was correct, give a few mins grace, and then to ask the taxi driver to move forward and not block the road.

How the incident escalated from there to violence cannot be condoned. Taxi driver should be jailed for road rage. Period.

I'm very surprised that the police arrest the taxi driver on the spot, especially when there's no visble injury (except for pain and bruise on hand). There have been reports where people kena whack until blood all over the shop, nose broken, teeth fallen out... but the police merely tell the victim to make magistrate report.

Why is this case so special that the police arrest the taxi driver on the spot, when in TS own words he instigate the whole incident by scolding the taxi driver? And no grievous injuries.

Don't be mistaken, I am not taking the taxi driver side, and am glad finally justice is prevailing in having the violent offender arrested. But why the double standards in this case? Is TS an elite, as usually police only take action for elites, and peasants supposed to take care of themselves thru magistrate?

As Alice said... curiouser and curiouser.... [confused]

Yup! I also find the story very very strange. Unless both continue to fight or that 'uncle' was stupid enuff to make a scene in front of the police, else they will just take particulars and make sure all parties clear from sight. I also find the passenger very strange that he/she was willing to wait for the police or stay as witness (very rare sillyporean).

If above is true, it will be a civil case. How come there was no mentions on the taxi company's note to this event.....?

Hmmmmm.............

you play a part in starting the fire by calling him idiot

give him 1 more chance to pay for the damages. if he still refuse, i think he need time to attend anger management class in jail.

that will do him some good

charge the fellow... only a minor group of cabby black sheep...

tat time i riding bike last time... he chiong red..laga me head on... then still got the cheek to say i go red lights...

i won the case... but on clutches for 8 mths...!

claim over 40+K for the claim...

paid by NTUC....their own insureance...

and that fellow dun even come help me when i fell... stand there waiting for me to die...

heng alot of bystanders and the car behind me...help me and call police and ambulance...

they will do watever to say its ur fault...trust me... for me i will charge him.

---------

as i say not all are bad... got once a cab hit me from behind... a small bump...

no dent jus a few scuff..... the uncle pleaded me ... old man think 70+ liao...

i let him go ...tell him to be more careful...

FOR ME.... depends.. if the thing is unintentional... and very minor , im okie...

dun guai lan cabby come...i will not give chance...

esp violent one...will not even argue with him... i call police.

↡ Advertisement