Road block along Highway in MY...common?

Thug

I just came back from KL & Port Dickson trip with my family.

Its was around 1730 and we were stopped at a road block.

The bugger told me I was speeding and exceeded the speed limit by 6km/h just before a toll.

I recalled...I was speeding...but was at 140km/h.

I've heard about MY TPs catching speeding cars and pple give them coffee $$ but never heard of road blocks at HIGHWAY.

I was still composing myself when he asked:

TP: " Pay at JB is RM 300. Here..how much you want?"

ME: "Huh? What you mean here how much I want?"

TP: "How much you want la?"

ME: "I dun understand what you mean."

TP: "Settle here..."

(I start to realize his intention)

ME: "You mean I can choose ar. You are the police you ask me to choose. If I choose I drive off now. How much you want?"

TP: "RM100."

Me: "Huh...RM100 ar. Hmmm...I think I pay at JB."

He was like stun when I say I go pay at JB. Look at me for awhile and turn to his colleague and keep asking me if I really wan to pay at JB.

I say yes and give me the ticket I'll pay when I'm free.

They were doing it in broad day light!!

All the cars been stopped were SG cars!! ALL!!!

A Nissan Sunny was stopped b4 me and I believe he choose to pay at JB coz I saw one of the TP passed him a ticket as well.

Then there were a WRX, a Lexus, so many...

Any bros had the same experience? Is the ticket they gave me even real?? What will happen if I dun pay the RM300?

I had a fair share of corrupted police in MY experience when I was still a NS driving in MY to get cheaper petrol and cigarette. Its ridiculous...

Edited by Thug
↡ Advertisement

This is pretty standard nowadays along the MY highways. Next time you will be ready and more prepared when they try to toy with you.

Normally they will ask for RM100 if they see you are clueless, best is to offer to settle now for RM50 and erase.

If you had stayed in malaysia for 72 hours after this incident they would have updated your name into their system and stopped you at their checkpoint, but luckily you made it home safely :D

If you dont pay the RM300 i am not sure what will happen, but im guessing you may get stopped at immigration.

Would have just paid the 100 RM and get it over with :P

Edited by AceofproZ

This is pretty standard nowadays along the MY highways. Next time you will be ready and more prepared when they try to toy with you.

Normally they will ask for RM100 if they see you are clueless, best is to offer to settle now for RM50 and erase.

If you had stayed in malaysia for 72 hours after this incident they would have updated your name into their system and stopped you at their checkpoint, but luckily you made it home safely :D

If you dont pay the RM300 i am not sure what will happen, but im guessing you may get stopped at immigration.

Would have just paid the 100 RM and get it over with :P

Sorry, I dun think paying the RM100 will get it over with.

The more they will feel encourage and laugh at S'poreans'.

The most no more MY trips for me. I dun mind.

ROFL!!!!

aiyoh, just becos like that dont go malaysia.

all they want is $ to pocket it. RM50, give it and just make their day lo! :D

Edited by Simplesilver

...I rather sh!t on the dollar and stick it on my wall then to give them...

The dollar is so small, how the heck you gonna shyt on it sia.

than you stick it on the wall, later must go clean. smelly.

you give them, you will end up in a cell playing with the dollar with the shyt.

LOL!

I also just came back from KL this afternoon and drove passed a road block...but it was around 3pm...within the Melaka state boundary. I was waved off....cos i drove within the speed limit (before that i was driving way above the limit) after I saw car in the opposite direction flashed their headlight about 1-2km before the road block.

If we are talking about the same road block, it looks like a proper operation and only stopped cars that were speeding.

Actually, I find the MY TP in recent times seems to only stop those who really been caught speeding. In any case, if really speeding and kenna caught just pay the fine or bribe them.....whichever suits you.

From what I see, some times, s'pore car owners are to be blamed for kenna ' targeted'. Want to speed, but don't bother to look out for 'warnings' eg. flashing headlight from vehicles traveling in the opp direction, cars around them all driving within speed limit (especially those who were driving really fast a while ago), etc....

Edited by Silver_blade

I also just came back from KL this afternoon and was drove passed a road block...but it was around 3pm...within the Melaka state boundary. I was waved off....cos i drove within the speed limit (before that i was driving way above the limit) after I saw car in the opposite direction flashed their headlight about 1-2km before the road block.

If we are talking about the same road block, it looks like a proper operation and only stopped cars that were speeding.

Actually, I find the MY TP in recent times seems to only stop those who really been caught speeding.

EH? the fella on the opposite side flash to warn you guys about the roadblock?

Have lah...but like you said....few. :D

these few definitely doesn't includes ahbengs who zooms past you, and giving you _|_ for driving so slow.

Neither those who 'jia ba bo sai pang' people. ^^

No problems with majority of MCF people. (:

Edited by Simplesilver

Its not normal not to encounter a road block........haha. [laugh]

Aiya, just treat it as a holiday expense lor. RM100 is $40+ nia. As good as paying spore price petrol to drive on NSH.....but never mind rah. Holiday mah.....why make yourself so stressfull. [laugh]

If i were u, i'll rather drive abt 150-170km/hr all the way and pass them copi $. I just cannot imagine driving 90km/hr on NSH to KL, i will definately doze off.....ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz. This posts a a hell lot more danger than a speeding ticket. Image all the family members sleeping behind........snozzing somemore!!!! [sleeping] And im looking at snail speed for the next 6 hrs! Even more if there are rest stops. KL to Spore in 8hrs ????? [hur] Anyway i kena SPORE parking/traffic offense many times more than MY's speeding RM 300 ticket. RM300 Consider cheap liao. haha.

To me, driving slow doesnt mean some other kuku car wont spin out of control and come kiss yr ass. In fact the more time u spend on the NSH, the more dangerous it is. [idea]

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Turbocharged

I just came back from KL & Port Dickson trip with my family.

Its was around 1730 and we were stopped at a road block.

The bugger told me I was speeding and exceeded the speed limit by 6km/h just before a toll.

I recalled...I was speeding...but was at 140km/h.

I've heard about MY TPs catching speeding cars and pple give them coffee $$ but never heard of road blocks at HIGHWAY.

I was still composing myself when he asked:

TP: " Pay at JB is RM 300. Here..how much you want?"

ME: "Huh? What you mean here how much I want?"

TP: "How much you want la?"

ME: "I dun understand what you mean."

TP: "Settle here..."

(I start to realize his intention)

ME: "You mean I can choose ar. You are the police you ask me to choose. If I choose I drive off now. How much you want?"

TP: "RM100."

Me: "Huh...RM100 ar. Hmmm...I think I pay at JB."

He was like stun when I say I go pay at JB. Look at me for awhile and turn to his colleague and keep asking me if I really wan to pay at JB.

I say yes and give me the ticket I'll pay when I'm free.

They were doing it in broad day light!!

All the cars been stopped were SG cars!! ALL!!!

A Nissan Sunny was stopped b4 me and I believe he choose to pay at JB coz I saw one of the TP passed him a ticket as well.

Then there were a WRX, a Lexus, so many...

Any bros had the same experience? Is the ticket they gave me even real?? What will happen if I dun pay the RM300?

I had a fair share of corrupted police in MY experience when I was still a NS driving in MY to get cheaper petrol and cigarette. Its ridiculous...

aiya..tis is common..i kena twice liao..both in highway..

1st time was chased and stopped by their Nissan X-trail patrol car before Melaka exit, talk c--k abit with him before i suggest to 'pay here'. He ask me how much, i say RM50. At first he wanted RM100 but i nego in malay down to RM50.

2nd time stopped at road block for speeding at 124kmh, about 180km mark. The fella tell me settle at police station is RM300, he offered to settle on the spot at RM50. After that, he told me where is the next patrol/road block further up.

↡ Advertisement