Singapore property market booms despite recession

Seaweed

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20090812/tbs-...ty-0b9af05.html

Not yet sleeping so I thought of sharing my view on the current property boom...I was in the east looking for a small apartment...Why?? I just need a small apartment to stay....If I buy a 3-room HDB...It's probably something which is quite old...If I am going to buy a 4 or 5 room in a more centralise area....It's probably going to cost me 70% of the money I required to get a freehold 2 bedder in the east/west or north etc....So why not i pay 30% more and buy something that can last for a long time...

I went into the showroom...The salesman very helpful....explained to me the project...bring me look around....then tell me he got colleague that can discussed further with me....yes....it's going to be money talk I guess!!! Anyway since no more 2 bedder is available...I told him I got all the information I required....should i am intersted in the left over 2+1....I will let him know...He immediately told me to wait and bring out a piece of those seem like triple 5 notebook paper...and tell me he got customer whom are willing to let go....minimum 5 units in the paper I saw....I just ask him if that's the case....won't I be buying at a more expensive price? He brush off my question by rattling off again what unit he have to let go...

1 person have already at least 5 units of would be willing to sell units...simple maths...if there is only 20 sales pple and each have also 5 units on hand ready to let go....5 x 20 = 100 buyers whom are willing to give up their units at a profit...The development have a total of 300+ units...I think speculation is really getting hot !!!!

Price are really being driven up.... [shakehead][shakehead]

↡ Advertisement

Guest Julio369
Neutral Newbie

Mr. Mah from HDB has already fired a warning shot.

Turbocharged

which condo? optima izzit?

it is always fear of being priced out that drives people to buy at todays prices.

to make you feel better you can always check about the supply in the pipeline here

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEs...yController.jpf

I was thinking about a unit in Luxus hills but I thought it was quite expensive at ard 1.7mil for 16xx sqft of land.... agents say faster faster, 74 units phase 1 almost sold out. Then I check the units in the pipeline and realised there is 994 units of luxus hills in the pipeline.

994 units!!! how the hell are they going to sell 994 units? Or if I buy a unit there, next time when I sell I will be competing against 994 units..... how to get good price next time?

HDB is also launching another BTO in pungol later this month, announced yesterday. I think HDB is always an alternative to condos. IF HDB price the flats cheap, mass market condo price will not run away too much.

Edited by Wind30

Recently been going to see condos in the east with my fren who is abt to get married. Realised, NON of the development that we go to have any 2 bedroom units left. ALL the 2 bedroom units r snapped up when there are still lots of 3 bedroom units available.

The best part is, like you said - the agent somehow or the other can squeeze out 2 bedroom units from "cutsomers willing to give up". I believe these "customers" are actual those that contributes to the numbers that they say XX% sold on phase 1!!!

So who are the "customers"? [sly] [sly]

Edited by Rickster

join thier so call "VVIP"....got pre-launch invite...but make sure u don't get con into jumping onto the roller coaster!!! [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

market filled with cows and sheep.

new developments are selling well becos dont need to pay much, so people are comfortable with putting the small amount , so buy first talk later. cows and sheep

Developers are laughing straight to the banks becos materials and construction cost is cheaper so profit margins wider. i've personally seen a few developments with poor finishing. not something i would call a "condo"

economy is still shrinking albeit a lower pace.

now rental yields are half of what they were.

but interest rates are dead low, so that gives a push.

Agents will always be agents and they will tell you anytime is a good time to buy and the unit they are selling is the greatest unit in Singapore.

Bid and offer spreads are still pretty wide and suckers are still plentiful

So make your own call.

Bottomline to note?

dont bite more than you can chew or you'll choke - for sure

problem is many people think they can chew well.

good luck folks

at the end of the day, there are still naive buyers and they got themselves to blame!

property is probably the biggest ticket item in our live time. dun rush, ai zai

i am still waiting for the big dip....the so call worst econ crisis since great depression didn't really put any dent to our property market yet...

Neutral Newbie

Mr. Mah from HDB has already fired a warning shot.

that one is fired blank ,very weak sound only so ppl not scared one! Must really bring out the big cannon and fire one live round then ppl will wake up! [laugh]

Even the new T.P condo 2 bedrooms; 86 sqm; already closed to S$1 mil.

WTH!!!!.....86sqm nia selling 1 mill !!!!!!!!

And ppl always tell me my TP HDB 5-room @ 560k is god damn exepensive. WHY DONT UPGRADE TO CONDO ?

Ya right......120 sqm + 25th floor + unbloc city view @ 560k VERSE 86sqm + probably low floor @ 1 mill.

Haha........whats the big deal with CONDO ????? Inside made of GOLD isit ? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Neutral Newbie

Recently been going to see condos in the east with my fren who is abt to get married. Realised, NON of the development that we go to have any 2 bedroom units left. ALL the 2 bedroom units r snapped up when there are still lots of 3 bedroom units available.

The best part is, like you said - the agent somehow or the other can squeeze out 2 bedroom units from "cutsomers willing to give up". I believe these "customers" are actual those that contributes to the numbers that they say XX% sold on phase 1!!!

So who are the "customers"? [sly] [sly]

think those 'customers' are the roti prata men! flip n flip to earn $$$ ones! agents are smart too, some of them actually bought good units for themselves to put on sub-sale markets to earn a profit! 1001 ways to earn $$$ from ppl.

The big deal is when the words "freehold" comes into play [thumbsup]

The word "Freehold" is prostituted. Nothing is yours in Singapore. Even if it's freehold, you can't say no to them when they want it for developments.

↡ Advertisement