Proton Satria Neo Super 2000 Rally car

Mustang

http://kereta.info/wp-content/uploads/2009...led-500x322.jpg

Proton is using the rally scene as a platform to showcase their cars, namely the Satria Neo Super 2000.Rallying also has done wonders for Subaru and Mitsubishi in their brand building efforts.Read the full news from Bernama below.

NEW PROTON R3 RALLY TEAM UNVEILED.

The Proton R3 Malaysia Rally Team was Wednesday unveiled to Proton advisor Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, marking its comeback to the coveted FIA Asia Pacific Rally Championship since its last participation in 2004.

The ceremony was held at the Perdana Leadership Foundation here and was also witnessed by Proton Holdings Berhad chairman Datuk Mohd Nadzmi Mohd Salleh and managing director Datuk Syed Zainal Abidin Syed Mohamad Tahir.

The team, consists of renowned rally driver Karamjit Singh and his regular co-driver, Jagdev Singh, will also be made up of engineers and technician from Malaysia.

Dr Mahathir, on seeing the Proton Neo Super 2000, said he was overwhelmed by the car, describing it as

↡ Advertisement

Proton are currently compete in Asia Pacific Rally 2010 and Intercontinental Rally Challenge. Strongly rumours they're going to compete in 2011 WRC or S-WRC 2010.

Proton are currently compete in Asia Pacific Rally 2010 and Intercontinental Rally Challenge. Strongly rumours they're going to compete in 2011 WRC or S-WRC 2010.

MY has so many problems in their country at hand... for one there are so little public housing funding... so many roads are in terrible conditions...

and now to compete in thw WRC? last i heard F-1? and the bikes GP? BolehLand Government so much money to spend on these but cant handle their own ppls problems first... RETARDED

MY has so many problems in their country at hand... for one there are so little public housing funding... so many roads are in terrible conditions...

and now to compete in thw WRC? last i heard F-1? and the bikes GP? BolehLand Government so much money to spend on these but cant handle their own ppls problems first... RETARDED

No country in this world is perfect. We have our own set of problems too. Lets not laugh at others before we solve ours. Just for a start, we should stop fighting and bickering among ourselves.

No country in this world is perfect. We have our own set of problems too. Lets not laugh at others before we solve ours. Just for a start, we should stop fighting and bickering among ourselves.

yup no country is perfect... neither is SG and surely not me....

but to spend millions.... when it could have... forget it just my thoughts...

look at the under used petrona towers.... [shakehead]

Turbocharged

Seriously I welcome this move.

As a neighour of MY, it's sort of exciting to see someone in the region come out with something that can rally with the big boys.

But having said that, it's not going to be "all boleh" for the proton team. They've got a hugh hurdle to climb and if they are not careful, they may be wiped out of the WRC season even before they finish the opening leg.

WRC is tough and the routes and treacherous. When SX4 Super 2000 and the suzuki WRC team join in 2008, they had HELL of a season. I mean they are not new players, their JWRC experience won them titles, but WRC proves to be a whole new level for them.

So I wish the MY team all the best. Wonder how much punishment their Satria Super 2000 can take. If their Satria took it well, I'll have no worries choosing a MIM Satria Neo over a MIJ SX4.

Turbocharged

ok just read that Peter Solberg is rumored to be driving for the team.....now proton may actually score better than Suzuki.

Satria Neo the raw version handling is superb.But interior wise is a let down.Too cramp especially the rear.But nice looking car overall.Hope the CPS version come to SG. :wub:

Don't be a RETARD......

Most of these things are funded by private sponsors, not government.

Don't be a RETARD......

dont know who's the bloody retard...

why you malaysian ah?

watever pls screw urself.... [cool]

Edited by Ken4555

We as Singapore Citizen if possible dun interfere with their matters.Their problem they solved themselves.At least they got resources.What we'll have is only theories and opinions.Action speak louder than words

Supercharged

any reviews on the SG satria neo?

always like malaysia made rides, so far, i know that satria neo is kinda underpowered compared to the cps engine.

and manual is much advisable compared to the auto; 5 gear VS 4 gear.

maybe i would put it how reliable is this make?

currently drive a savvy, thinking of upgrading to a 2 door wannabe [laugh]

↡ Advertisement