The horrible colleague / office politics thread

Ahtong

Can anyone share stories of the most horrible colleagues you have met?

My office is still ok but how do you handle tai chi masters, backstabbers, hot air balloons, prima donnas, blur sotongs and other difficult people at work?

↡ Advertisement

My office is still ok but how do you handle tai chi masters, backstabbers, hot air balloons, prima donnas, blur sotongs and other difficult people at work?

take berocca

Lucky my side is ok, we are a small team. Not much politicking as we each have our own roles to play. We are so close that sometimes we go holiday or go for outing after work.

No wonder i can stay here so long...

ppl play politics for various reasons

1) he/she not capable, so make use of politics to hide the flaw

2) he/she has too many liabilities, cannot afford to lose job

3) he/she has a scheming/"how shen" character by nature (die die want to win, cannot afford to lose)

etc etc....say until tomorrow also cannot finish...LOL

TS ask to share your story, you give solution instead. . . [laugh] [laugh]

you watch too much TV, i dun think it works. . .

i am taking them leh.... last time always seems to be tired easily. after taking, like got abit more energy, not so tired.

but of course this is no miracle pill lah. but it helps somewhat

just ignore them, you cannot do anything to change their behavior.

of course if their action impact the project or work, just wack them. no need to give mercy

My side quite swee.. my dept only have 7 peeps. then the other depts cant be bothered with each other. hardly talk to them, just some acknowledging smiles and nods. big bosses all in the same office, so generally the environment very quiet.

hmm.. sometimes i was hoping the environment would be friendlier.

ppl play politics for various reasons

1) he/she not capable, so make use of politics to hide the flaw

2) he/she has too many liabilities, cannot afford to lose job

3) he/she has a scheming/"how shen" character by nature (die die want to win, cannot afford to lose)

etc etc....say until tomorrow also cannot finish...LOL

List somemore leh.... i wanna print out in big font and put at my side..... [laugh]

i don't have leh as i said i am not a politics person....i wrote is what i observed in my previous job seeing those managements fighting...u should check with any bros/sis here who is well versed in office politics

i don't have leh as i said i am not a politics person....i wrote is what i observed in my previous job seeing those managements fighting...u should check with any bros/sis here who is well versed in office politics

Nv say u are, bro.... i juz like the way u list down those stuff...... only those who think that way will feel offended.... [thumbsup]

my side has alot of politics. play colour, side their own man, act bossy when they noe nothing and play backstab.

My dept big boss give chance to her country folks from PRC.

Almost all the managers are replaced with her own kind.

The constant brainwashing in the newspapers stating that we cannot do without these FTrash are just elevating their position.

Now they are acting as if we depend on them and owe them our survival.

agreed. . . [thumbsup]

make us look useless, and make FTs feel better in SG. . .

my work industry ratio = 1 local : 4FTs. . .

haha. . anyway cannot be bothered with office politics, so as a prevention, i stay away from office as much as possible. . . [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

Lucky my side is ok, we are a small team. Not much politicking as we each have our own roles to play. We are so close that sometimes we go holiday or go for outing after work.

No wonder i can stay here so long...

I don't think its a matter of how big yr team is.....There are pple who will do anything to suck up to the boss or backstab colleagues using excuse that he/she just following orders or to save his/her job.

My group only have 4 guys....sadly 3 of us got chopped in Feb this year....left only one guy. Guess what...that guy had a fallout with the boss last year and was even told by the boss the company don't need him and he can leave anytime...hahahha...but how come he is the only guy didnt got chopped???

Think about it.... [confused][confused]

↡ Advertisement