Hyundai Advante vs Kia Cerato Forte vs Honda Fit

Raymondkohms

For someone starting or preparing to start a family is probably the most sensible choice you have made.

Once you have baby seat and pram, you will appreciate your car got a big boot. Otherwise, when need to remove baby seat to ferry people put where? On passenger lap or car roof? The boot acts as a physical protection for some gap between point of impact in rear collision.

• Praise 1

I find it funny when people mention about poor quality plastics or what used by Korean cars, when I first bought my car, I tried to used my virgin eyes to see to detail about the plastics which people mention.

My personal experience when I was shopping about 4 years ago.

Cars chosen :

Lancer

Vios

Aveo

Rio

First lets talk about the plastics, from what I see, the vios scores the worst, looks damm cheapo than the other 3(this will invite trouble but this is my own point of view from a virgin car owner shopping for the 1st time). Lancer would be my first and than Rio than Aveo.

Second, lets talk about sound proofing, I would give my current ride, rio the best for sound proofing, vios second, than aveo, than lancer. I did not test drive the Aveo, I only sat in my friend's Aveo. Will explain below why.

Thirdly, space. Lancer has a decent space for almost everyone, driver, passenger. Followed by Rio,Vios than Aveo. I felt so cramp up inside the Aveo hence did not even bother to test drive.

Than of cos,there is the test drive, power wise(Base on Manual Models), Vios, Rio, Lancer.

In the end I chose the Rio, it is much quieter than the rest, has decent space which fits my requirements.

I can say up till now, going into its 4th year and 5th by the end of the year, this car has serve me very well. Other than normal wear and tear, it is quite reliable unlike what many mention which I believe like some forumer has mention, did not even own a Korean before and bashing base on hear say.

Anyway back to what ts has asked, below is my pick.

1. Avanta

2. Forte

3. Fit

I do not believe I will need to fork out 15K to last me 10Years. Moreover the new generation fit is not the legendary fuel saver as the previous version. The difference per litre might only be 1 or 2 litres, if it is a manual might be lesser.. Moreover resale value nowadays??? Don't make me laugh...

Share your sentiments on the quality of plastic part. I find the difference not as great as it is made out to be becasuse more importantly, it is the perception of colour at play. Similar material but one grey and the other black, the black one looks to be of better quality. However, I am more concern about the fit and finish on the interior as I absolutely hate rattles and squeaks. All the more pissed if it happen to come from a so-called reliable and more expensive alternative. From my experience, the "door closing" test is a very good guage in this aspect : solid thud vs hollow pong.

For the 3 models compared here, if your friend is a Honda badge whore, then go for fit.

Otherwise Avante auto is a better choice. Forte looks nice only. Between hyundai and kia, I will go for hyundai.

I also want to add. All new cars should last for 10 years if you maintain it well. Whether a car can last 10 years or not, still must go for regular servicing. Hyundai has very affordable spare parts that keeps maintenance cost down. Honda's servicing is not cheap.

Not alot of people will drive their cars for full 10 years. Say is easy but in reality, most backside itchy after 1-2 years. Some also use this as an excuse to take 10 year loan.

Edited by Thermodynamics

Fit 1.3G is less than 60k nia.... dunno y ppl keep saying its more than 60k....

you're right, the 1.3 is under 60k. its the 1.5 that costs more than 60k. the 1.3 is about the same price as the avante/forte. hmm.... 1.3l engine in a compact car, vs 1.6l engine in a sedan, both same price.... such a dilemma... [sweatdrop]

i don't think they are of the same price, if you are comparing basic price of all the models. Also as mention, one if a hatch, the other 2 is a sedan.

Just to add on, I think the best is to go for their test drive and get the car which you love the most like I did. Go with an open mind and see what matters to you the most important. As for reliability, I don't think Koreans lack very far behind Japanese.

you're right, the 1.3 is under 60k. its the 1.5 that costs more than 60k. the 1.3 is about the same price as the avante/forte. hmm.... 1.3l engine in a compact car, vs 1.6l engine in a sedan, both same price.... such a dilemma... [sweatdrop]

i dunno u all see the price of fit from where.

fit 1.3 the same price as a forte?

slowly wait.

sgcarmart fit prices

Just to add on, I think the best is to go for their test drive and get the car which you love the most like I did. Go with an open mind and see what matters to you the most important. As for reliability, I don't think Koreans lack very far behind Japanese.

I am a fit owner and have tried the avante..... fair to say its 2 diff cars altogether.....

The fit is made for the driver to be closer to the road..... thus suspensions are made to feel the bumps....(mine on stock btw)

The avante is much like what most saloons give u.... comfort and some power too....

Avante can test drive... most PI dun allow test drive for fit so need to ask frens.....

My verdict is the fit has more surprises in store.... not to mention poison [laugh]

new problems will still appear. cost cutting measures and sub quality parts used by kia will tell in maybe 2-3 yrs time. the avante is a tried and tested model and should be much better than forte.

hmmm a pessimist in the making.

I still see lots of old kia rios and ceratos still zipping around town.

u don't read auto magazines do u?

reliability wise, kia scored higher than nearly all jap brands.

Call up PI lor.... internet prices dun read too much in it [thumbsdown]

i give u 10k off from sgcarmart price k?

its still 51k.

5k more than avante's price.

8k more than forte's price

Edited by Friendstar

hmmm a pessimist in the making.

I still see lots of old kia rios and ceratos still zipping around town.

u don't read auto magazines do u?

reliability wise, kia scored higher than nearly all jap brands.

Bro, relax.... ppl perception cannot be changed entirely via a forum....

U can't please everyone rite [thumbsup][flowerface]

i give u 10k off from sgcarmart price k?

its still 51k.

5k more than avante's price.

8k more than forte's price

51k cannot lah... if Fit 1.3 G sell at 51k, they definitely will turn more heads.... last i check my PI give 56k...

thats y cannot become bestseller.... [laugh]

Yup, avante pricing much more better but me a Jap badge whore(no offence) [laugh]

key word, to drive for 10 years

i will choose 'Fit' than the 2 Kor

whatever feature are secondary

cheer

i will choose a manual, not a CVT [thumbsdown]

doesn';t matter which country it came from.

reliability wise, i will take manual, conventional AT, DSG, CVT. just mho.

btw, i dun own korean or jap [sly]. i don't drive a car

↡ Advertisement