Hyundai Advante vs Kia Cerato Forte vs Honda Fit

Raymondkohms

if you buy the fit, i would want you to know that my car with similar engine capacity will out-perform you any day. and i paid one-third of the price of a fit.

fit is a practical car la. what performance u wanna talk abt? unless it's 1.5M ivtec. now that's acceptable performance [thumbsup]

but throw in the ridiculous price for the tin can.. not a good buy at all. if it's priced SAME price as the koreans then i will go for it. but that's me la. i look at the substance, not the brand.

↡ Advertisement

hmmm a pessimist in the making.

I still see lots of old kia rios and ceratos still zipping around town.

u don't read auto magazines do u?

reliability wise, kia scored higher than nearly all jap brands.

http://www.ceratoforte.sg/general-c2/

go read all about it in this forum and you have a better picture.

i dunno u all see the price of fit from where.

fit 1.3 the same price as a forte?

slowly wait.

sgcarmart fit prices

actually ah, ur point is 1.3 fit is more ex or cheaper than avante? if u trying to say more ex, i wont argue coz my point is its not worth the price compared to avante in practical terms, unless a person specifically wants some sporty jap compact or watever.

in any case, car prices currently very dynamic. looking at sgcarmart, the fit/jazz/prices not the same as 2 months ago when i went around looking for a car. and yeah the sgcarmart prices not very reliable, during my shopping i realise the actual prices plus-minus 5k from sgcarmart. all i remember when shopping was that the cars within my budget were 1.3 swift and fit and 1.6 cerrato and avante. not saying they all exactly same price, but within 5k of each other. unlike the city and altis which were 10k to 15k away from cerrato and avante.

hmmm a pessimist in the making.

I still see lots of old kia rios and ceratos still zipping around town.

u don't read auto magazines do u?

[shocked]

fit is a practical car la. what performance u wanna talk abt? unless it's 1.5M ivtec. now that's acceptable performance [thumbsup]

but throw in the ridiculous price for the tin can.. not a good buy at all. if it's priced SAME price as the koreans then i will go for it. but that's me la. i look at the substance, not the brand.

THAT is the problem.

Really??? Which brands?

2009 Which? Car survey

1.Honda Accord (2008-present) 98.5%

2.Honda Jazz (2008-present) 98.2%

3.Daihatsu Sirion (2005-present) 97.5%

4.Hyundai i30 (2007-present) 96.8%

5.Ford Fiesta (2008-present) 96.2%

6.Honda Jazz (2002-2008) 95.9%

7.Honda Civic Hybrid (2006-present) 95.7%

8.Citro

Avante and Forte same class to compare, U cant use Fit to compare, unless Avante got no backside... (maybe i30)...

Avante is most value for money car, tats y they are the best seller car in Singapore today

If U buy car purely for fuel economy, then Fit is for U.

However U must really like drive 40,000km yearly for 10yrs to enjoy tat kind of savings.. Presume U save $100/mth on petrol

Erm if one is willing to consider Toyota Axio , i think it might be better in terms on quality of drive and FC and resale . I'm pretty biased here but feedbacks on previous korean cars was bad as compared to toyota.

My dad owns many generations of corolla and so far no major problems as compared to my friends which owned korean cars complaining about problems arising after 3.

Those which have driven G9 corolla would know of its reliblity as well as compartively low maintaince. Personally i believe G10 corolla Axio would also be of the same standard.

FC wise it is around 13 and above for me and i tend to be slightly heavy footed. Am pretty happy with the overall performance. Korean car cheap lah but can last 10 yrs with fc remaining the same or not another thing. My friend's matrix the fc drop like crazy after 3 yrs ... from 11 all the way to 8 and later to 7 before he sold

Minus point is i believe not many PIs willing to let u test drive. BTW i bought mine at 53k with coe 7k

A comparison would be below on specs.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_...=Add+to+Compare

Edited by HengHeng88

went to test drive forte today.. quite impressive i say.. avante dont let me test drive due to p plate.. but if i dun test drive, how can i feel i like the car or not [smash]

went to test drive forte today.. quite impressive i say.. avante dont let me test drive due to p plate.. but if i dun test drive, how can i feel i like the car or not [smash]

which hyundai dealer dun allow you to test drive?

Which outlet u went??

strange. why wud they not allow u for test drive? all along i heard was kia forte not easy to get test drive, but avante every mother's son and daughter also can.

I vote for Honda FIT.

if you are looking for a fun car.

most important thing is make sure you enjoy driving the car.

dun buy cause its cheaper/more value for money or what and change 3-4 yrs down the road when you totally lose interest in it.

unless you really planning to drive 3-4 yrs, then just get the Forte lor, lose the least money.

I vote for Honda FIT.

if you are looking for a fun car.

most important thing is make sure you enjoy driving the car.

dun buy cause its cheaper/more value for money or what and change 3-4 yrs down the road when you totally lose interest in it.

unless you really planning to drive 3-4 yrs, then just get the Forte lor, lose the least money.

To me, unless is the 1.5L Honda fit. If the 1.3L one, it will be out. However, the 1.5L one is more expensive

my friend has a 1.3G Fit...it's small, severely underpowered...(floor the accelerator have engine noise but not going any faster)...and the ride is really backbreaking harsh...body roll is also bad...just a normal corner and you'll be sliding about in your seats...

the Avante is pretty old now...i'd rather you get 2nd hand...can save even more money...the interior is a bit bland and boring though...

as for the Forte...depending on whether you get the EX or SX spec...the SX would be better with lots more features but at 50,999 and 53,999 for manual and auto respectively...can be expensive compared to the 'S' Avante at $52,999 (A)...

however, the interior for these cars are quite cramp...don't expect camry sized interior...

now also have the Cruz 1.6(A)@56,688 but the rear is ugly and 0-100kph takes ages...the front looks aggressive though...

but if the budget can exceed until 70k, why not consider the FORD FOCUS? it's a best-in-class handler and most comfortable conti-car you can ever buy...but performance is a disappointment...

do consider buying 2nd hand for these cars..can save even more money!

↡ Advertisement