Revival of motorized bicycle hazards

Torquey

Neutral Newbie

now that there are legalized versions of battery powered motorized bicycles, there's a revival of gungho riders out to test the limits of road safety.

they seem to think that having attached a motor to their bicycle makes them lightning fast & boosted their confidence to cruise on the outermost lane or zip across 3 lanes [hur]

a motorized bicycle in the wrong hands is just an accident waiting to happen.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

perhaps the rider had modified the motor thus breaching LTA guidlines on motorized bicycles.

....aint trying to be funny ^_^

saw one that fixed an gasoline engine onto his bike. revving in the void deck irritating everyone in the neighbourhood. i am watching him. if he piss me off i will call the cops.

thought this was banned some years back but yes there seems to be more on the roads of late, and some of them can do 20 - 30kmlh, a real hazard to pedestrians and other road users.

There r a lot of illegal motorised bicycle on the road. However, there is no enforcement from ROV. These cyclist r more dangerous than whatever encounter wif human powered bicycle.

Neutral Newbie

as with all machines, i reckon some owners have modified or purchased non compliant motorized bicycles.

the current guideline is it can only be powered by electric source; max power output must not exceed 200 watts; motor power can only cut in when the rider starts to pedal; motor power must cut off when it reaches 25km/h.

These riders r crazy.the way they ride is so bloody dangerous!once,i was about to turn right at the junction,im very sure there r no pedestrain or veh.when i step my gas,out of nowhere,a kuku motor bicycle rider cut across in front of me at fast speed.it scared the hell out of me. [sweatdrop] another one i encounter,was lagi better.imagine i saw him at the pasir ris chalet riding,i was at the traffic light.he sped pass me without stopping.so i juz ignore.but to my horror,by the time i reach my destination about in 15mins time,he was at the same location where i was heading.the way he rode was fast and dangerous [furious] .

Neutral Newbie

These riders r crazy.the way they ride is so bloody dangerous!once,i was about to turn right at the junction,im very sure there r no pedestrain or veh.when i step my gas,out of nowhere,a kuku motor bicycle rider cut across in front of me at fast speed.it scared the hell out of me.

their recklessness is worrying because either a) they might injure pedestrians or b) cause drivers to be partially responsible for their deaths

the riders can do so blatantly because authorities underestimate the hazard thus they are conveniently out of enforcement's radar.

Saw an angmoh woman and her kid cycle across 4 lanes at Bkt Timah Rd this morning. Wearing long dress and both no helmet. Suicidal [sweatdrop] !

Neutral Newbie

these riders think they have the right of way and its our responsibility to keep them out of harm's way <_<

↡ Advertisement