Recommend me a hotel in Hangzhou

Steiger

Neutral Newbie

Hello guys,

I am going to HGH on a business trip to meet my suppliers. My last trip i did not make a good choice of hotel as it was too far to walk to anyway and too near to hire a taxi.

My budget is about SGD$100/night anyone can help?

Thank you.

Edited by Steiger
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Since you are meeting your suppliers there, I guess your suppliers are local? Why don't you ask them, they are local, should know which hotel...where to go...etc..

Neutral Newbie

Thanks anyway. I guess i have to tikam again. It very difficult to ask my suppliers because they will give me a diplomatic answers like. oh Hotel A is good, B is fine, C is not bad too... haha

I know maybe some of you has stayed in hangzhou so i could borrow some good 'been there' experience.

:)

I would recommend that you go for one near the lake, within your budget. If you have any spare time at all, it is one of the most picturesque places in the world to have a walk, visit historical sites, eat at some of the best restaurants.....

The party scene is not too bad either. I mean the pubs and discos, not 'alternative' entertainment [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Terence_oh

Sorry to dig out such a old thread.

Planning to visit Hangzhou in Dec for a few days, likely 4D3N with family. In between a trip to Shanghai.

Any recommend for 4 - 5 Star hotel near 西湖?

Also need to convenient for moving around and makan during the night.

Edited by Tohto

Planning to visit Hangzhou in Dec for a few days, likely 4D3N with family. In between a trip to Shanghai.

i stayed in this hotel, very safe and convenience, walk out to the main road with makan and shops, and also the lake, room has full height glass window but no lake view though. If my wife never hiam should be ok   [laugh]  [laugh]

https://hotels.ctrip.com/hotel/445476.html

Green Cantonese Teahouse MUST EAT!

post-1109-0-01707800-1508229094_thumb.png

• Praise 1

Grand Hyatt, excellent location, good breakfast and can walk to the makan and shopping street

• Praise 1

i stayed in this hotel, very safe and convenience, walk out to the main road with makan and shops, and also the lake, room has full height glass window but no lake view though. If my wife never hiam should be ok   [laugh]  [laugh]

https://hotels.ctrip.com/hotel/445476.html

Green Cantonese Teahouse MUST EAT!

attachicon.gifGreen Cantonese Teahouse Google Maps.png

Thank you for the fast recommendation.

Location look good. How about the cleanliness?

Grand Hyatt, excellent location, good breakfast and can walk to the makan and shopping street

Grand Hyatt not cheap leh..

I need 2 rooms, pocket will be big hole  [dead]

Clean and nice, i have to go back to dig out the photo of the room. My wife a typical city slicker didn't complain so i guess is ok. Anyway we hardly stay in the hotel.  Not a tall hotel building but the expensive suite have lake view.

Too many choice for food, i hope you can read some review before heading there. Our stay there weather quite wet, not heavy rain yet occasion rain so can be quite cold in december.

Thanks anyway. I guess i have to tikam again. It very difficult to ask my suppliers because they will give me a diplomatic answers like. oh Hotel A is good, B is fine, C is not bad too... haha

I know maybe some of you has stayed in hangzhou so i could borrow some good 'been there' experience.

:)

Years too late.... but you should not ask if A, B and C are good.

Be more straightforward and ask them where you should stay.

Clean and nice, i have to go back to dig out the photo of the room. My wife a typical city slicker didn't complain so i guess is ok. Anyway we hardly stay in the hotel.  Not a tall hotel building but the expensive suite have lake view.

Too many choice for food, i hope you can read some review before heading there. Our stay there was quite wet weather, not heavy rain yet occasion rain so can be quite cold in december.

Thank for the information. Please share some photo. Thanks.

From Ctrip, there are rooms with lake view.

For Dec visit I am expecting wet cold.

i had dinner there, 3-4 dishes S$200+   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

Thank for the information. Please share some photo. Thanks.

From Ctrip, there are rooms with lake view.

For Dec visit I am expecting wet cold.

I use ctrip for hotel and train ticket booking in China. Hotel room photo, stayed in the studio room on 2nd floor.

post-1109-0-43295400-1508249895_thumb.jpg

post-1109-0-93315200-1508249916_thumb.jpg

Train ticket do you need to base on the booking from Ctrip and collect ticket in train station?

yes, still have to show passport and collect at station, they have separate counter for online booking. I took 高铁 faster, no need first class, 二等座 already very comfortable.

Grand Hyatt not cheap leh..

I need 2 rooms, pocket will be big hole [dead]

Try huachen international hotel. Rated 4*. comfy and near west lake... about 15mins walk.. clean and nice... about sgd 80 a night

They have a laundry area where you can use their laudromat for free

While walking there can go buy 一点点 milk tea , just like koi but half the price.

Behind hotel is a night market and you can take direct bus to qing he fang

At west lake can take boat drop at middle island then boat to 1 of 3 places.. after that can take bus back , don't waste money take boat again

For cheaper food and massage... can download 大众点评

Stayed there twice this year.

Actually can skip shanghai..go suzhou and hangzhou better

Edited by Galantspeedz
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1