Insurance for Conti car and VW Passat question

Guniang

Ok guys...Just a few questions...

Will insurance for conti cars be higher den Jap Makes?

Cos i heard for insurance premiums, honda premium is higher den its siblings toyota n nissan blah blah....

Den wad the diff between the VW Passat CC and VW passat?

↡ Advertisement

My friend bought a BMW 320i convertible from PI recently.

As she is relatively young 25yrs old......many ins never even want to quote for her! Only AXA quoted a ridiculous high price.

So no choice she get her elder Brother, age 38, to buy insurance on the car. Her brother paid $2800+ without NCB discount to AXA(cheapest).

Wow, that's kind of expensive for a 2L sedan isn't it? It's not in the sports car category anyway and a 320 statistically don't have as many accidents as, say WRX, Evo or the likes.

In the past Insurance already pin point what brands will have higher insurance cover. I recall BMW & Saab to be a few in the list. Anything that has a turbo, a lot of insurance coy will avoid. Does not matter the car is Conti or Japanese.

Difference between VW Passat CC and VW passat? I think if you Google you will find out.

In the past Insurance already pin point what brands will have higher insurance cover. I recall BMW & Saab to be a few in the list. Anything that has a turbo, a lot of insurance coy will avoid. Does not matter the car is Conti or Japanese.

Not true. The insurance on my Volvo T5 is lower than some jap non-turbo family saloon.

Not true. The insurance on my Volvo T5 is lower than some jap non-turbo family saloon.

cos ahpek car wat...and ahpeks considered to be safer drivers...cos they drive tooooo slooooooow [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

Too much, "suan" volvo as ah pek chia.......... [flowerface]

[laugh][laugh] is that not a good thing? When I quoted for the XC60 also, got a reasonable quote with 55% total disc [grouphug]

Edited by RadX

Turbocharged

True, Insurance for my previous S60 and current XC90 pretty decent, on par or slightly lower than a few Japanese makes.

True, Insurance for my previous S60 and current XC90 pretty decent, on par or slightly lower than a few Japanese makes.

and honestly....these cars are safer...and somehow the drivers they attract too tend to be more of the ahem....cautious type?? I ahve yet to see an xc90 in a pile-up, etc [thumbsup]

look at those pileups, guarantee they are

1. lancers

2. rollas

3. nissans...

i am not stereotyping...but prolly cos these are the masses on the roads..and thus attract the 'better not say' mentalities

ok end of OT

cos ahpek car wat...and ahpeks considered to be safer drivers...cos they drive tooooo slooooooow [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

ahem....yes, muz give senior citizens discount. ssshhhh.....keep it that way n dun tell the ins co so that i continue to pay low premiums. [bounce1][bounce2]