Construction everywhere!

Metalbone

Too many constructionsin sg?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Too many constructionsin sg?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dunno

Do u all feel there is too much constructions in sg compared to 10 yrs ago? Everywhere I go, I see there will be lift upgrading, road widening, circle line construction, IR etc...causing a lot of inconvenience.

Edited by Metalbone
↡ Advertisement

Do u all feel there is too much constructions in sg compared to 10 yrs ago? Everywhere I go, I see there will be lift upgrading, road widening, circle line construction, IR etc...causing a lot of inconvenience.

I am thankful for all these constructions going on! [thumbsup]

Govts will always boost construction industry when there is a recession.

Thats when construction prices are lower, and they can take the chance to ramp up the infrastructure as well as keeping the construction companies alive.

Neutral Newbie

You go become malaysian la. Confirm no upgrading one, can live in your kampong and farm chickens without any problem.

Neutral Newbie

You go become malaysian la. Confirm no upgrading one, can live in your kampong and farm chickens without any problem.

In the 60s, 70s, 80s, if no major HDBs were built, major offices built, U tink today your flat got chance to be upgraded?? U might be sleeping still in kampungs

In the 60s, 70s, 80s, if no major HDBs were built, major offices built, U tink today your flat got chance to be upgraded?? U might be sleeping still in kampungs

if no major HDBs were built, do you think HDB will make so much $$$?

if no major HDBs were built, do you think HDB will make so much $$$?

you should be more concerned that you will have no place to stay... and FYI last time HDBs were cheap...... dun slap the govt every chance you get........ give credit when it is due....

FYI, i just back from china, had a conversation with a taxi driver there, was surprised that the know our MM Lee and PM Lee and he said something very true but had not crossed my mind before.

He says both of them are some of the smartest people around, reason being, S'pore being a small country will not dare to offend a bigger country but our govt still managed to get these big countries to give benefits to our little small red dot.

I felt proud when he said that.

you should be more concerned that you will have no place to stay... and FYI last time HDBs were cheap...... dun slap the govt every chance you get........ give credit when it is due....

FYI, i just back from china, had a conversation with a taxi driver there, was surprised that the know our MM Lee and PM Lee and he said something very true but had not crossed my mind before.

He says both of them are some of the smartest people around, reason being, S'pore being a small country will not dare to offend a bigger country but our govt still managed to get these big countries to give benefits to our little small red dot.

I felt proud when he said that.

building affordable housing for the masses was once HDB mission. today it has lost this mission. flat sizes getting smaller and prices getting higher. is this not a fact?

that is b'cos the Lehman outburst had triggered our government to look into how the various Town Council, CC etc. manage their funds that have reached millions.

the setup of the cap 11 audit is also looking into all civil sectors in their finance management.

so this had shaken those fat cats in town council whom they have been sitting on these projects that may had been paid for, but still asking for more from our monthly fees.

as such, the massive rollouts of such projects everywhere to avoid being questioned of such high treasuries kept by them - a bit of 'cover-up'.

to me, this is 'b-------t' - its obvious that these 'projects' may be uncalled for, NOT beneficial to residents or even did not receive any consultations/needs from the residence at all!

the bottom line - town council is setup to serve the residence.

if the 'reserved funds' has reached the ceiling, it should be used to offset the town council fees to benefit the residence especially at these bad times.

instead, its squandered into such unnecessary projects and even resort for financial investments - this was NOT the intention in the 1st place - macham like the making of another 'Durai of NKF'.

it is obvious that our government might have failed to look into this!

Edited by A_korusawa

building affordable housing for the masses was once HDB mission. today it has lost this mission. flat sizes getting smaller and prices getting higher. is this not a fact?

isn't it also true that the population is growing faster than we can reclaim land, which directly affects the supply and demand of land/space. Isn;t it also true that most of us are now earning more than previous and that prices of almost everything, raw materials or finished goods, has risen too......

isn't it also true that the population is growing faster than we can reclaim land, which directly affects the supply and demand of land/space. Isn;t it also true that most of us are now earning more than previous and that prices of almost everything, raw materials or finished goods, has risen too......

true or not also not important. HDB is no longer builiding affordable housing for the masses.

true or not also not important. HDB is no longer builiding affordable housing for the masses.

opinions differ... i still find them affordable... and if they are not affordable, i guess there will be many homeless people now.

Most of the constructions going on now are govt projects, eg. MRT, roads, new schools buildings, new flats and flats upgrade. This is one of the govt's ways to pump $$$$ into the economy.

The multiplier effect plays a part here: govt boost construction industry, construction guys get rich then go support say, banking industry, then banking guys get rich and buy things like cars, so money flows car industry, then car sales man get their comm and spend it somewhere.... and it goes on and on in a web like structure till the $$$ reach the common person on the streets.

Like someone said earlier, we should be happy these constructions are going on. It's billions of dollars we are talking about here being pumped into the economy. Not a bad thing at all. [thumbsup]

imagine, totally no construction going on..

Main-con collapse,

Sub-con collapse,

suppliers collapse,

many ppl jobless,

other market affected such as real-estate, stationers, F&B, forwarders, etc, so many...

Hope the TS think b4 he write

Construction shranked from 24billion to 12billion industry from 1996 to 2003, if I not wrong, only picked up form 2005 till today, but is declining again....

↡ Advertisement