POLL: Why did you buy OPC?

Sgnick

Why did you buy OPC?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Why did you buy OPC?

• Because I cannot afford to buy a normal car
    • Because I don't drive to work
    • Because this is my 2nd, 3rd, 4th car, I have a normal car that I drive to work
    • Because I hardly drive my supercars and they are parked in my garage most of the time
    • Because I like the colour of the red plate
    • Because I can save $17K and still cheat daily
    • Other reasons

Well, I have a desk bound job and need not drive to work.. bought a OPC to ferry my baby to and fro parents' place. More convenient to get around with a car when somebody so small has much more things to bring around.

↡ Advertisement

Seriously there's a hell lot of reasons why people buy OPC not just because some cant afford to won normal one.For instance is myself,I've got a property and a car in JB.So buying a normal plate car which i can afford is just wasting money where my co provide transport to work and back late night.

Yes, many reasons, therefore these people can choose "Other reasons", then they can post their special reasons here

Neutral Newbie

If I have to leave home very early for work and returns only during the hour of darkness, I would buy a weekend car. A saving of $17,000/- is a lot of $$$$$ for me. [sly]

Yes I told my parents to change to red plate new car recently coz they work at hawker stall and even during their normal car plate days they went to work at 6+ am and come back home easily 9+ pm... no sense spending extra money and roadtax.

I used to drive OPC as well coz my new job was only 15mins drive from my home and I normally have to spend easily 12 hrs a day to handle my workload. So take smaller loan and use coupons when needed (less than 3 per month). Now 2 yrs later job stabilise and itchy backside liao so took the chance to change car and use normal plate since got more free time ^^

Neutral Newbie

Same here bro. My future apt is just 10 - 15mins walk from away from office. Wife got co tpt. So I use my red plate for wkday nites and wkends only. Why get a normal car when one doesnt need one?

Cheating is akin to buying 4D. Buy $20 big hit 1st price $40K. This one is save $20 hit 1st price $10-15K. Same same theory. Heng Suay nia. [sweatdrop]

Hey Kelfinity

Same here my usage is similar to yours.....Actually wanted to get the normal plates but after considering why pay more for an OPC usage only..that's why having OPC is to see individual needs and as for cheats... why want to cheat?? ... juz put a 20 dollar coupon for once a blue moon if need to use but if everyday needs is required then should get a normal it will be more econmy rite?? :mellow:

Neutral Newbie

geez, am i the only OPC owner here who sleeps in the day and works the graveyard shift 9pm till 5am almost daily?? [blush]

Wow..then OPC can really save cost for your usage type ..you working perm nite shift huh?? [shocked]

Wow..then OPC can really save cost for your usage type ..you working perm nite shift huh?? [shocked]

you work as a junior spec instructor in army also can. 5.30am reach camp to conduct 5BX, 8pm leave. or if gana night training even later. last time my camp, most of the instructors either ride bike or OPC. no point buying normal. drive around in camp also no need tia cupon what. want to drive out, just call for driver. lol.

"Because I can save $17K and still cheat daily" is rapidly increasing al of a sudden. Suddenly so many cheaters come in and vote? Or.........

Neutral Newbie

Am still schooling.

Partially also because I don't have an income and the petrol is a factor to the OPC scheme. I commute to school via public transport in the morning.

Am still schooling.

Partially also because I don't have an income and the petrol is a factor to the OPC scheme. I commute to school via public transport in the morning.

Then you can vote "Because I don't drive to work"

actually when u go sepang u can see many OPC sports car also...

Those people with tracking car that they seldom drive in Singapore can vote "Because I hardly drive my supercars and they are parked in my garage most of the time"