Poll : Give way to bus scheme

Leepee

Do you know the exact rule?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Is it wrong to stay in the give way box during a jam, without a bus in sight?

• Yes its wrong! It has the same rule as the Yellow box
    • If there is no bus in the bus stop, car can stop in the give way box
    • If bus at busstop, but bus not moving out yet, car can stop in the give way box.
    • As long as bus in in busstop, car die die must wait for bus to come out.

There is some uncertainty on the Give-Way to bus scheme.

Its made worst by the Cisco personnel who set up tripod camera at the exit of bus stop to video violators.

Is it WRONG/chargable offence to be stuck in the give way box due to traffice lights ahead, while a bus then subsequently arrives in the bus stop and wants to come out.

↡ Advertisement

i tot u sldnt even be inside the yellow box regardless there is bus or not.

given that there is a jam and no bus at the bus stop, would u save a lot of time by stopping inside the box?

Its wrong to stop in the give way box either way, bus or no bus.

Likely that a bus will appear sooner or later as is the case often currently, so best not to take the chance.

Neutral Newbie

Given the following scenario : The leftmost lane is not a bus lane but has the 'give way to bus' box at the bus stop. so in a situation where cars need to stop due to traffic lights and there is no bus in the bus bay, then it shouldn't be wrong to move into the 'give way to bus' box cos technically no bus can enter the 'Bus Stop' anyway- if it's far behind the bus stop.

or if say there's a bus just behind this car. but due to traffic lights, this car has to come to a stop, coincidentally, the car has to stop just in front of the 'Give way to bus' box. so should the car inched into the yellow box to allow the bus to enter the bus bay or to follow strictly the rule not to enter the box and let bus wait behind the car too till the lights turned green. so bus LL oso being delayed by this scheme if so happened. :huh:

I think scr** the bus lah! Already got bus lane, and more places full day bus lane. There's no need to persecute us just because we drive a car. We earn our privilege to drive.

That's just my honest feelings, albeit politically incorrect.

The authorities are coming up with more rules on top of a lot of rules. IMO it's of little effect. I had come across ppl who ignore or "dun know" or totally oblivious to the purpose of continuous white line or double continuous white line.

What difference does it make to add on to so many rules? I bet when they implement this rule the steady stream of summons will come non stop. What's the point in that?

this rule will make the bus more bochap of other traffic...they'll think they're king of the road liao...

I agree...have already seen many buses just exiting the bus bays with the driver not caring to check if there are any one in the way. Some might say but what are u doing in a bus lane to begin with? I think we fail to remeber cyclists also have every right to the road as others....last thing we want is a repeat of the Neo Tiew accident

this rule will make the bus more bochap of other traffic...they'll think they're king of the road liao...

I agree with you.

Two mornings ago, I witness a bus number 166 just drive out of the bus stop along Upper Thomson Rd at 7.10am and the black Mz2 got the shock of his life. He had to cut into lane 2 causing the lane 2 Avante to E-brake. I am on lane 1 and saw everything. If accident happen, I will surely be a witness to the SBS bus reckless driving.

We earn our privilege to drive.

we expect to be treated 'extra' based on this 'privilege'... yet those richer than us given any privilege all the complaints appear....