Volkswagen Announces Recall for DSG Transmission

Luckcent

Guys/gals....please take note...should your ride needs to ....better make arrangement. Don't flame me because recall is in USA. Singapore, I am not sure.

Volkswagen of America has issued a voluntary recall for about 13,500 vehicles equipped with DSG transmissions. Apparently a faulty temperature sensor in the said DSG transmission is reportedly the problem. Failure of the temperature sensor could result in illuminated warning lamps in the dashboard, and in rare instances the transmission may shift into neutral.

The recall affects models like the Jetta, Jetta SportWagen, GTI, and Eos built between September 2008 and August 2009. Affected owners are encouraged to call local Volkswagen retailers to schedule an appointment to have their vehicle inspected and repaired.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

The Volkswagen Touran I drive 1.4 TSI, with a cracked piston after just over 40K, my mechanic told me my car is his thrid or 4th car with such problem, but mine seem the newest car of such problem "Crack Piston". The car experienced jerking / knocking when you accelarate. The Crack Fragment also scratch your Engine Housing as a result the whole engine block need to be either machining / grind or upsize the piston.. worse still.. you may need to change the whole engine block. I am trying post the photo, but I don't know how.

I register this forum to share with those who has high hope with VW but eventually they are just CHEATER on their reliability. I am truely dissappointed and will NEVER NEVER buy another VW.

For those who is interested, I will post the Pictures to you, on the cracked Piston and other photo I gather.

my Car still in workshop now.

[email protected], post me if you need the photo or any advise you might have.

#$%*&@ WV..

The Volkswagen Touran I drive 1.4 TSI, with a cracked piston after just over 40K, my mechanic told me my car is his thrid or 4th car with such problem, but mine seem the newest car of such problem "Crack Piston". The car experienced jerking / knocking when you accelarate. The Crack Fragment also scratch your Engine Housing as a result the whole engine block need to be either machining / grind or upsize the piston.. worse still.. you may need to change the whole engine block. I am trying post the photo, but I don't know how.

I register this forum to share with those who has high hope with VW but eventually they are just CHEATER on their reliability. I am truely dissappointed and will NEVER NEVER buy another VW.

For those who is interested, I will post the Pictures to you, on the cracked Piston and other photo I gather.

my Car still in workshop now.

[email protected], post me if you need the photo or any advise you might have.

#$%*&@ WV..

hopefully, you didn't service or change eo at outside w/s. Otherwise, you know lah.... If so, you should demand a replacement for the engine at least.

Edited by Kangadrool

am a ex-156 selespeed owner

had my fun with it, but the selespeed reliability wise, .... [mad]

i thought robotised gear shift is proven to be not long lasting until VW came out the DSG.

i really thought VW is more reliable and more fun and can endure more when down shifting.

now is proven that robotised gear still got room for improvement.

now i only drive manual.

Neutral Newbie

There are many things that VW does not want you to know about the lack of reliability with their cars. They have engaged PR agencies and law suits with individuals anywhere in the world when they have a problem.

Too much "high technology" in big-volume cars will always lead to failures.....they have spent 10 years trying to get market share from Toyota with this approach. Now it's coming back to bite them in the ass!

VW reliability issues with engines and gearboxes happening all over the world.

I would never buy one. If you want a quality piece of mass-produced machinery.....buy Japanese.

Did you chip up your ride? I heard it's very common for VW/Audi to chip up their rides. That may be a cause of reliability problems.

There are many things that VW does not want you to know about the lack of reliability with their cars. They have engaged PR agencies and law suits with individuals anywhere in the world when they have a problem.

Too much "high technology" in big-volume cars will always lead to failures.....they have spent 10 years trying to get market share from Toyota with this approach. Now it's coming back to bite them in the ass!

VW reliability issues with engines and gearboxes happening all over the world.

I would never buy one. If you want a quality piece of mass-produced machinery.....buy Japanese.

Very Worrisome is a rubbish make.....I can't say more cos others will say I cannot afford such cars.

It always amazes me to see customer after customer in VW showroom despite a seemingly island-wide complaints about their transmission.

Thinking whether VW DSG car really got problem?! Cause those vw car in my carpark here still around everyday le?! :D

Thinking whether VW DSG car really got problem?! Cause those vw car in my carpark here still around everyday le?! :D

Yup. Same here. Every day, same spot. Most prob not driving much or already spoilt. [;)]

Yup. Same here. Every day, same spot. Most prob not driving much or already spoilt. [;)]

Those vw cars in my carpark is driving everyday. But seems like no problem with their DSG.

Those vw cars in my carpark is driving everyday. But seems like no problem with their DSG.

got external LED display to say DSG rosak meh?

I think it will not come to a complete stall for most. Probably the most common complaint is the jerkings. [laugh] Complete stall will come later.

Edited by Kangadrool

am a ex-156 selespeed owner

had my fun with it, but the selespeed reliability wise, .... [mad]

i thought robotised gear shift is proven to be not long lasting until VW came out the DSG.

i really thought VW is more reliable and more fun and can endure more when down shifting.

now is proven that robotised gear still got room for improvement.

now i only drive manual.

pls try BMW's DCT... so far reliable n v fast shifting, prob best in class. its on d current/outgoing M3.

Neutral Newbie

Any idea whether the recall really fixed DSG problem? Thank you.

That's the main issue. The recall merely replaces defective goods with the same technology.

7 gears, 2 clutches, actuators, bearings all in a package the size of a basketball?........it just wants to eat itself!

↡ Advertisement