Volkswagen Announces Recall for DSG Transmission

Luckcent

LOL, got prblm or nt I really dunno,

but looking at the VWs on the roads nowadays, I wld guess VWs owners don't really care.

↡ Advertisement

dun worry lah...so many VW on the road ... only few complain here dun justify it have big problem :D

Really! Good luck.

dun worry lah...so many VW on the road ... only few complain here dun justify it have big problem :D

The only Conti car I trust is Mercedes.

Please check JD Power reliability rating. VW is at the bottom.

am a ex-156 selespeed owner

had my fun with it, but the selespeed reliability wise, .... [mad]

i thought robotised gear shift is proven to be not long lasting until VW came out the DSG.

i really thought VW is more reliable and more fun and can endure more when down shifting.

now is proven that robotised gear still got room for improvement.

now i only drive manual.

I use the selespeed and its not unreliable. Just need more maintenance n some parts changed for longer lifespan. Driving style must also adjust like driving manual car.

Believe it or not, the older gen selespeed parts are on the whole cheaper than a full conti torque converter gearbox. Its also simpler compared to dsg. Spoil just change these few mechanical parts. Its not the smoothest thing out there but its involving n fun to drive. Vw try to make it smooth with a more complicated system n the results are obvious.

Sometime I look at VW, 1.4L with Turbo TSI, it must be hard on the engine.

Why hard on the engine? Manufacturers r going with smaller engines with turbo making up for it.

Neutral Newbie

Sometime I look at VW, 1.4L with Turbo TSI, it must be hard on the engine.

VW "performance" figures are tested at 23 degrees celcius with no aircon on.

Running at Singapore 31 deg and aircon on 100% of the time I would estimate a 20-30% overall powerloss.

It all catalog numbers that impress people with VW.....in real life, not so good.

Turbocharged

with our local weather, the interior parts will disintegrate prematurely. my friends Golf gti interior aircon knobs starts breaking apart just after the 3rd yr. [:(]

with our local weather, the interior parts will disintegrate prematurely. my friends Golf gti interior aircon knobs starts breaking apart just after the 3rd yr. [:(]

My VW car physical parts still ok after > 2 years leh. My fellow VW owners in VW forum also never have this complain. But I have seen worse things happening to a Altis coming to a year old. So toyota is more lousy?

My VW car physical parts still ok after > 2 years leh. My fellow VW owners in VW forum also never have this complain. But I have seen worse things happening to a Altis coming to a year old. So toyota is more lousy?

Difference is whatever happens to Altis, parts are easily available n cheaper

Difference is whatever happens to Altis, parts are easily available n cheaper

You heard of taobao? You will be surprise you can get alot of VW Touran things from there.

And if you are talking about accidents situations, then there is little distinction between toyota or VW. All will be equally ex. And with ever increasing VW population and decreasing toyota population, who knows how things will turn out 5 years from now? [lipsrsealed]

Turbocharged

since you frequent vw forum, you must have know who is godspeed. try taking a look in this gti. :-)

↡ Advertisement