Lockerbie terrorist freed

Jchuacl

I just can't understand why the Scottish Justice minister has allowed the terrorist to be freed back to his country. It seems like something is wrong here unless there is something happening under the table which is not published.

↡ Advertisement

He is released cos he is terminally ill and dying soon...so they are just being nice to him. To allow him to die at home.

In any case, the crime was committed so log ago and he has been jailed for some time. Btw, his conviction was controversial....if I could remember correctly.

Edited by Silver_blade

I just can't understand why the Scottish Justice minister has allowed the terrorist to be freed back to his country. It seems like something is wrong here unless there is something happening under the table which is not published.

From what I read and understand, in the first place, the evidence to convict this guy is also rather slim. Pieces of the bomb that brought down the Pan Am plane was found wrapped in shreds of cloth from a shirt allegedly bought from a shop at the departure airport. So everything's based on the testimony of the shopkeeper or salesperson. Rather flimsy, IMHO.

Having said that, yes, there are probably deals going around. Libya is an oil-rich country (yup! here we go again!!) which for years has been inaccessible to the West. Now the USA is probably sore about the whole affair, because the UK has beaten them to it, in getting some 'good faith' from the Libyans.

As Tripoli falls to rebels today, I dig back into history on what I posted 2 years ago on the horror on the terrorist that was freed back home to Libya. He was last seen on TV this year on 26th July , still alive and kicking, and supporting Gaddafi.

So it's definitely b-------t that he has 3 more months to go as he has survived 2 years till today.

↡ Advertisement