Portable Generator For DA Machine

Qqman

Neutral Newbie

Bros,

Any shops to recommend for the above stuff? Perhaps you can also include the purchase price as well [grouphug]

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Can try to get from hardware house along Kelantan Lane.

Got my 650w 2 stroke "Tiger" brand portable gen set there at bout $200.

Neutral Newbie

Can try to get from hardware house along Kelantan Lane.

Got my 650w 2 stroke "Tiger" brand portable gen set there at bout $200.

Bro,

What is the shop name? Enough power to run DA machine?

Neutral Newbie

Shop name I not too sure.

But when I shop around, only 2 shops are selling portable gen set and the gen set are display out, its quite easy to spot them.

My 650w unit is good enough for my PC.

Its running on petrol, every 2L I pump can last me bout 4hrs.

As it is a 2 stroke engine, u need to add 2T to the petrol.

Size and weight is about a 14" tv

Shop name I not too sure.

But when I shop around, only 2 shops are selling portable gen set and the gen set are display out, its quite easy to spot them.

My 650w unit is good enough for my PC.

Its running on petrol, every 2L I pump can last me bout 4hrs.

As it is a 2 stroke engine, u need to add 2T to the petrol.

Size and weight is about a 14" tv

Hi,

1. May I ask how much 2T oil per L of petrol?

2. Ron 92 petrol ok?

thanks.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

1. May I ask how much 2T oil per L of petrol?

2. Ron 92 petrol ok?

thanks.

The user menu and a sticker on the gen set states 50:1 ratio.

The user menu did not mention anything on the min octane level, I have been pumping ron95 to it.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, any bros know where to get the spark plug for the generator. It is different from our car plugs.

Thanks

You can ask those shops at Kelantan lane which sell portable gen set to do servicing for it.

Cheers

Thanks bro. Any idea how much it would cost? Thought of going there to get spark plugs.

I had a hard time trying to start the generator especially after long period of not using it.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks bro. Any idea how much it would cost? Thought of going there to get spark plugs.

I had a hard time trying to start the generator especially after long period of not using it.

Sorry Bro, I have no idea also.

But the boss told me that they do servicing when I got my gen set.

Cheers

Neutral Newbie

Hey Bro's I just got a Meg DA 220 V.2 I tested and its good to go. I went in search of a a generator , i got a 1500watts one n tested the DA , it only works on speed 4 to 6. 1-3 got vibration but no power. Then i tested out a 2500 watts gen and the same thing! What do i need to know or try please help me out here!

Neutral Newbie

Hey Bro's I just got a Meg DA 220 V.2 I tested and its good to go. I went in search of a a generator , i got a 1500watts one n tested the DA , it only works on speed 4 to 6. 1-3 got vibration but no power. Then i tested out a 2500 watts gen and the same thing! What do i need to know or try please help me out here!

I am using the Meg G220V2 with a 1000w generator.

No problem for me.

Neutral Newbie

I am using the Meg G220V2 with a 1000w generator.

No problem for me.

Bro will u be able to help me just test out the my Meg DA on ur gen? Please contact me 96751965

May I know where to get the generators, and are they very cumbersome? Cos I stay at HDB, and seems not much choice if I want to machine polish....

Neutral Newbie

Bro will u be able to help me just test out the my Meg DA on ur gen? Please contact me 96751965

Did you try from your home 240v power point and get the same results?

Neutral Newbie

I would suggest everyone take a look at inverters, they work equally well, no noise, much less smoke, no 2t to worry about.

Only downside is you need to have the car's engine running after some time depending on how large your battery's capacity is.

Therefore, when using inverter, start with the front bonnet first with the car's engine off, then proceed to other parts with the engine on if needed.

I gave up on the generator after just one use, it is heavy to carry it from my home to the mscp, it is very noisy (unless you are using the honda generator which is quieter but cost much more), you have to make sure the exhaust points away from your work area and that the fumes are not blown towards your work area.