How to remove windscreen oil film effectively ?

Contax

I have been using those japanese oil film removal (yellow bottle) bought from auto-bac for the past years but seems that the oil film will come back after a weeks or so after applied , is there any other better products ?

↡ Advertisement

I have been using those japanese oil film removal (yellow bottle) bought from auto-bac for the past years but seems that the oil film will come back after a weeks or so after applied , is there any other better products ?

Bro Contax..due to our daily driving..is unavoidable..road film will start building up 2 to 3 weeks...I do a hand polishing on the windscreen monthly..now going to grab a portable drill with pads to polish..

Edited by Maddriver

Never remove any oil film why is there such a need.

also , you can see 'tiger stripe' on the windscreen (especially at night ) .

It badly affect the visual on the road when the wiper swept .

Bro Contax..due to our daily driving..is unavoidable..road film will start building up 2 to 3 weeks...I do a hand polishing on the windscreen monthly..now going to grab a portable drill with pads to polish..

then I will use my 'power arm ' brand [laugh] polish liao lor...

I have the same irritating problem.

Spent a lot of money using the Jap brand oil film remover, then it comes back again and again.

I also use Nu-glass. Unfortunately, it's the same thing. Clean, then it comes back again.

Doesn't look like there's a more permanent solution.

Probably our air quality is very bad.

I have the same irritating problem.

Spent a lot of money using the Jap brand oil film remover, then it comes back again and again.

I also use Nu-glass. Unfortunately, it's the same thing. Clean, then it comes back again.

Doesn't look like there's a more permanent solution.

Probably our air quality is very bad.

Ya manz..Is unavoidable..There is no permanent solution..

also , you can see 'tiger stripe' on the windscreen (especially at night ) .

It badly affect the visual on the road when the wiper swept .

So thats what it is... I always thought it was due to low quality tint material [lipsrsealed][laugh]

Since I don't have access to a drill or polishing pad, do you think cleaning the windscreen with diluted dishwashing detergent + using toothpaste as a polishing compound would work???

Does Nu-glass remove those "tiger stripes" on the windscreen? I know there's no permanent solution but I was using Autoglym Car Glass Polish and it does not get rid of the "tiger stripes"

Nu-glass works like the Jap oil film remover.

It does remove the "tigers" stripe.

It's slightly cleaner to use. The Jap ones leave behind a lot of powdery substance to clean up.

Nu-glass is not abrasive, unlike Autoglym Glass Polish. So it can't "polish"

Since I don't have access to a drill or polishing pad, do you think cleaning the windscreen with diluted dishwashing detergent + using toothpaste as a polishing compound would work???

Bro Elfen..I have not try this combo yet..

Does Nu-glass remove those "tiger stripes" on the windscreen? I know there's no permanent solution but I was using Autoglym Car Glass Polish and it does not get rid of the "tiger stripes"

Yes..will remove"tiger stripe" or wiper stains..Like bro KB mention..It is cleaner to use..Leave no residual behind..

machiam cancer on the windscreen :angry:

actually I have to give credit to the jap's product , it really clean....but recur again after a months or so . [smash]

lidat bo-pian , tonight I go back and try some domestic cleaner use in my kitchen like the green colour 'magic clean' , suppose to 'effectively wipe away greasy surface on your wall and utensil' [laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement