Flooding at Driver Seat problems

Will_I_Am

Hi ALL,

My friend driving a 1 year old Honda Fit told me about his recent flooding problems at the driver seat floor board, and ask for my advice. After a heavy downpour, the driver seat floor board will be flooded with water. Anyone has this problem before? What could be the problem? Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Check undercarriage for rust, driver door for disintegrated rubber seals which might have let rain water to seep in when parked outdoors during heavy downpour.

Edited by Mits_jc

Hi ALL,

My friend driving a 1 year old Honda Fit told me about his recent flooding problems at the driver seat floor board, and ask for my advice. After a heavy downpour, the driver seat floor board will be flooded with water. Anyone has this problem before? What could be the problem? Thanks.

best way is, get the car to a place where you have access to a water hose. one person inside car the other outside spraying water onto car. most likely areas are from driver's door, front windscreen, wiper cowling( plastic panel below the wiper arms). have to be patient. if serious leakage the person inside will immediately detect water dripping down-if leakage is slow one then more difficult, need more spraying time. always at each time focusing on one area for some time before moving to another.

This will allow you to zero in on the actual spot.

[scholar]

Hi ALL,

Go warranty workshop. 1 year old sure warranty have right?

whats the car plate no???so that we can avoid it like a plague when it put on market for sale :p

Edited by Help1

Neutral Newbie

wow, that's an average of 8333km per mth.. or 278km per day! ur friend goes into MY and back everyday, is it? :huh:

Best go for car wash and look out for leakage around the windscreen, door, etc...the common culprits. Sometimes, the drainage around the door, around wiper/above firewall, etc is choked with leaves, out of position, etc...

best way is, get the car to a place where you have access to a water hose. one person inside car the other outside spraying water onto car. most likely areas are from driver's door, front windscreen, wiper cowling( plastic panel below the wiper arms). have to be patient. if serious leakage the person inside will immediately detect water dripping down-if leakage is slow one then more difficult, need more spraying time. always at each time focusing on one area for some time before moving to another.

This will allow you to zero in on the actual spot.

[scholar]

oh ya! one more thing to add. In some cases, you may not even notice any sign of water after a long while cos the water may be present under the floor carpet. so this is where you may need experts to remove the floor carpet to do a more accurate check. Some times the pool of water may have been collected overnight.

advise your friend to put lots of newspaper under the rubber floor mat to help absorb the moisture. keep replacing them till no more sign of wetness. it does really help!

[scholar]

There's a leak somewhere, either from the firewall or the floor.

You need to remove the carpet and check.

Usually there are holes with rubber bungs plugged for water-tightness.

It can come loose or man-made by installer pushing wires through it and allowing water to splash in during rain or carwash.

the root of the problem should be some gutter that is choked or not sealed properly. even a small crack can cause water buildup when not attended to. like my friend's spoiler is now a water ballast because of a very small hairline crack. open and close boot got waterfall sound.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, did you friend install any scuff plate. This happen to my Fit RS when after install scuff plate. When after heavy rain, my driver side floor board flooded with water. Check carpet at the pedal side is dry, door seal is ok. Finally, one of my friend's told me might be the door is not fully close tight. Dry the floor board with newspaper for few weeks and ensure the door is close hard. Now no more water flood at driver floor board after heavy rain.

↡ Advertisement