Proton Persona 1.6M

Kangadrool

I'm currently driving Persona 1.6M... So far, the engine is powerful enough to go most places... Won't struggle up Genting for sure... Just keep RPM above 2700.... sure ok one... Cheers!

[laugh] [laugh] Am sure when Proton and Perodua design their cars, they already have Cameron and Genting in their mind liao.

↡ Advertisement

Campro engine is mid/end performance ie pick up is sluggish cause engine is a bit high rev plus heavy chassis and outdated Mitsu 4 speed auto.Manual one is slightly better.

To all Proton Campro Singapore owners,Tired of your drive by wire lag and low current flow?

Well I've done installing 3 copper ground cables RM105,Did throttle respond RM50,Cleaning and service of throttle body RM50 and do pedal response RM50 for my saga Blm 1.3 At.Result is better current flow more cooling aircon, brighter headlights and best of all no lag of response even when aircon compressor kicks in

My Jb friend will do for you be it at Larkin,Skudai or even Angsana..Any enquiries pls what's app me @ 91460056

Next month I will do my exora cps and we shall see how,cause my saga Blm 1.3 AT already get 60%!result and next time will fit another 2 more cables with anti rust bracket

Hi,

Sorry for reviving a dead thread.  My dad just got a 2nd hand Persona and he's wondering if it can take 92ron petrol?  The owner's manual stated RON 95 and up, does it strictly have to be so?  Any ill effects of pumping 92?

Previously we were using a Vios which happily drank the 92 petrol we pumped.  He prefers to continue with it.

Thanks.

follow manual stated minimum. Anything more is a waste of $$$, anything less will have long term ill effects. 

Hi,

Sorry for reviving a dead thread.  My dad just got a 2nd hand Persona and he's wondering if it can take 92ron petrol?  The owner's manual stated RON 95 and up, does it strictly have to be so?  Any ill effects of pumping 92?

Previously we were using a Vios which happily drank the 92 petrol we pumped.  He prefers to continue with it.

Thanks.

• Praise 2

Hi,

Thanks.

Price difference 92RON and 95RON is only 4 cents per litre. How much can your dad save?  [confused]

A full tank of 50 litres save at most $2. For $2 savings per tankful (not taken into account the station and credit card discounts), is it worth the thousands $$$ that you risk spending for repairs as a result of the engine knocking?  :wacko:   [:/]   :huh:

• Praise 2

I mistook the Persona for the Perodua Bezza. Both look almost alike.

Bezza is based on Axia platform. Comes in 1.0 and 1.3

Top of the range 1.3A costs only SGD17,000.

If it sells for $80K in Spore with COE, this "Toyota" with VVT-i engine will be a hot seller. Superior in power compared to the Note and Attrage, and equally spacious . Most importantly, it comes in a more responsive 5 speed manual or 4 speed auto, compared to the rubbery CVT found in the Note and Attrage.

post-27974-0-14627100-1471960140_thumb.jpg

post-27974-0-84827600-1471960161_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinceng

The Axia is already selling at $80K now, Bezza probably will be higher. Will know exactly what price they are selling when the AD brings in the Bezza.

I mistook the Persona for the Perodua Bezza. Both look almost alike.

Bezza is based on Axia platform. Comes in 1.0 and 1.3

Top of the range 1.3A costs only SGD17,000.

If it sells for $80K in Spore with COE, this "Toyota" with VVT-i engine will be a hot seller. Superior in power compared to the Note and Attrage, and equally spacious . Most importantly, it comes in a more responsive 5 speed manual or 4 speed auto, compared to the rubbery CVT found in the Note and Attrage.

Not sure man. The Japanese badges in our market is like +5k value and Proton/Perodua badges like -10k value.

Not sure man. The Japanese badges in our market is like +5k value and Proton/Perodua badges like -10k value.

There are car buyers who are badge whores, who'd rather pay $160K for a BMW 318 with a 3 cylinder, 12V, 1500cc engine with 136 ponies under the bonnet, than... for example an Opel Insignia 1.6 turbo with 4 cyliner, 16V and 168 horses for a mere $130K. And both are Germans.

BMW 318i

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_specs.php?CarCode=11120&Subcode=4828

Opel Insignia

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_specs.php?CarCode=11675

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Seems like they already exited from SG market. No more listing in Carmart.

yeah, I know.

looking for reviews about this persona 1.6m, fc, space and reliable.

thinking of getting it and renew

good for you then as can lowball potential sellers. [:p]

Will not be optimistic about the FC even for manual. Maybe can steal laugh if can achieve 10 km/l. :D

The Saga BLM, I think it's even worse. Hearsay 8 km/l for a 1.3M only. [dead]

yeah, I know.

looking for reviews about this persona 1.6m, fc, space and reliable.

thinking of getting it and renew

Supercharged

good for you then as can lowball potential sellers. [:p]

Will not be optimistic about the FC even for manual. Maybe can steal laugh if can achieve 10 km/l. :D

The Saga BLM, I think it's even worse. Hearsay 8 km/l for a 1.3M only. [dead]

haha, saw 2 persona in sgcarmart but are dealer.

don't think can lowball them..

even with the market, they are still kinda attitude.

so bad, 10km? haha

then might not be worth it, petrol keep going up.

need a fuel efficiency ride, preferred.

↡ Advertisement