Proton Persona 1.6M

Kangadrool

Hi there,

My car proton persona donât want to go into gear all of the sudden, what could be the issue?

Transmission Cable broken? Edited by Cypher

My Proton Persona Elegance bring me serious trouble now. Recently, the engine oil light blink n then stay on like that. Then the engine started to sounds like diesel engine.

Cut story short, I had go to a workshop n they did the service of the bottom engine crank case/oil sump. After that refill new engine oil brand Pulzar 10-40w. They tested 1 day it was ok. Then the other day i went there n took my car. Drive out highway, refuel n not even 30mins...the car went back into the same problem at 1st.

Now, the mechanic said, the engine cant save anymore. It needed a general overhaul.

Anyone got this problem before for Proton persona elegance model 2013? Seriously need an advise here. Not sure really need to overhaul or not as of about last year i just had a top overhaul process due to timing belt broken. Head of the engine already been taken to engineering department to shim. All valves changed. Crank case just been cleaned up as well. Thou, they claimed that seeing some water sign in the oil sump. Oh ya, at the same time. My radiator seems like the water kept on reducing. No any leaking seen while the car stopped. ALready glued the hose attached to top radiator cover. 

My Proton Persona Elegance bring me serious trouble now. Recently, the engine oil light blink n then stay on like that. Then the engine started to sounds like diesel engine.

Cut story short, I had go to a workshop n they did the service of the bottom engine crank case/oil sump. After that refill new engine oil brand Pulzar 10-40w. They tested 1 day it was ok. Then the other day i went there n took my car. Drive out highway, refuel n not even 30mins...the car went back into the same problem at 1st.

Now, the mechanic said, the engine cant save anymore. It needed a general overhaul.

Anyone got this problem before for Proton persona elegance model 2013? Seriously need an advise here. Not sure really need to overhaul or not as of about last year i just had a top overhaul process due to timing belt broken. Head of the engine already been taken to engineering department to shim. All valves changed. Crank case just been cleaned up as well. Thou, they claimed that seeing some water sign in the oil sump. Oh ya, at the same time. My radiator seems like the water kept on reducing. No any leaking seen while the car stopped. ALready glued the hose attached to top radiator cover.

yours an isolate case as you mentioned timing belt broken.

most case in Malaysia for such incident normally just replaced with a engine from donor car.

↡ Advertisement