Class 2B Riding Lessons & All Abt Motorcycles

Keen

600-700

If u can pass all swee swee one time. 500 also can get. But most first timers sure take at least 2 tries to get through lessons. Certain ones lah.

• Praise 4

I'm taking 2b at ssdc just for kicks as well.

Just passed lesson 1 last week but school is getting busy...

• Praise 2

I'm taking 2b at ssdc just for kicks as well.

Just passed lesson 1 last week but school is getting busy...

mine also ssdc, just passed lesson 4 today, try to complete fast cause they moving to woodlands in march

• Praise 2

during my time in early year 2003, $500 lor... i passed 1st time leh, cos i already got class 3 in 2002 liao... for those w/o license prior to tis, maybe not so easy to pass 1st time...

• Praise 2

How much does it cost to complete a 2B course nowadays?

I spend a total of $550 odd including enrolment, TP, RTT and Revision. Thats assuming you pass first time at Comfort Drving Centre.

• Praise 2

Does class 3 help? The practicals are totally different.

If the TS really wants to save money, BBDC has a session-8 timing at 9:55pm. It's almost 30% cheaper than the earlier (peak-hour) sessions because it's 70mins instead of 100mins.

IMO, you don't really lose out because there are fewer people, so you spend less time queueing at the stations and more time trying! (I try not to go for 7-9pm timeslots because you spend a lot of time queueing.)

• Praise 2

Does class 3 help? The practicals are totally different.

i suppose yes, but i dun think can expect to 'breeze through'. just like i took class 3 after class 2, sure i was faster than my colleagues who have never been on the roads, but still took me several months. and money.

you're right to point out its the practicals thats the issue. the theory is highly similar, except they have bike-specific questions (like when cornering, should your body be straight, inward or outward relative to bike?), but these bike-specific questions are so few that i really think it wont be a problem for anyone who has gotten class 3.

the practicals are another matter. doesnt matter how long you've been driving, getting the controls of a bike are going to be as alien to you the first time you get on as anybody else, just like first time i get into car after 7 years of riding and i still had to spend time getting the clutch, gear and brakes correctly. the problem with the bike is while you're trying to get used to the controls, your mind will be swamped with trying to balance and getting the past the fear of falling, which will screw you up big time.

and then you're expected to go through the obstacles, which is completely different from car. in the car, you can just memorise see this pole start to brake and turn or whatever. not so for bike. on the bike, if you clumsy or psycho-motor problem or just plain scared-scared you will end up repeating the practical even 5 or 6 times. memorizing a technique helps only 50%, unlike car i memorise technique 100%.

but once you're past the circuit, then you go on road (its reversed for bikes) and this is where i think ppl with years of car experience will experience less problems. after all, its exactly the same, only diff is when stop at traffic light should you queue left-right-left or right-left-right or all left or all right (this dam thing caught me out several times).

then again, mebbe you go on road and you realize no more metal cage protecting you, anytime can lose balance and fall, and finally you experience all the cars play punk with bikes, the fear end up hindering you again [sweatdrop]

• Praise 3

good review.. thanks for info! [thumbsup]

what about class 2B to class 2A and class 2? How to get?

after that is easier. exactly 1 year after getting class 2b, you are eligible to enroll for 2a, and 1 year after obtaining class 2a, eligible to enroll class 2.

class 2a and class 2 has identical theory lessons to class 2b (dun ask me why must take AGAIN, in my life i take total 4 theory packages already [dizzy] ). it also has identical practical-circuit, but no practical-road at all. extras would be class 2a and 2 has 'bumpy course', the timings for the obstacles are more difficult, and class 2 must be able to lift up bike from its side on the floor and then push from the side into a figure 8. otherwise, its identical, and they squeeze several chapters into a lesson since you not doing them first time. and since no road lessons, these 2 classes will really 'breeze through' provided you go regularly and ride bike regularly, as opposed to having a class 2b just for show.

• Praise 3

good review.. thanks for info! [thumbsup]

what about class 2B to class 2A and class 2? How to get?

I know many people who breezes through the lesson one time and also pass the test 1st time too.

For myself, 2A took from start to getting license a total of 1.5 months, including waiting for TP test date.

• Praise 2

read from cdc website that there is 7 complusory theory lesson, shack... how long will it usually take for it?

• Praise 2

read from cdc website that there is 7 complusory theory lesson, shack... how long will it usually take for it?

same like car. i believe you break it down its like 4 classroom, 2 revision/practice test, 1 test. and then is the riding theory test. just like car lor.

• Praise 2

so those who do the theory test 4 times, must be tok kong know the highway code inside out! [:p]

err... theoretically yes... [sweatdrop] ... practically i give back all 4 times [scholar]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1