Class 2B Riding Lessons & All Abt Motorcycles

Keen

I think the people here mostly have Class 2 license already, or too lazy to take Class 2. Haha.

Late August? Which date!

30th August hohoho. Waiting for confirmation email from ntuc, within 3 working days they say.

By any chance do you know which are the Bikes AD(s) that conduct track sessions under a safer controlled environments for their customers?

Ducati used to run Duc trackdays at Sepang, also organised by the SBR guys that I do my trackdays with. One of the guys, Joe, that runs SBR is also a manager at Minerva. Sometimes they open up slots to non-Ducs if there is space. But I haven't heard of them running one for awhile.

The rest I dunno but Dirtwheel (KTM dealers) would sometimes bring new models to Johor circuit to let people take a test ride around the track. This is on the normal open Saturday morning sessions though, not like they book the track for themselves or anything.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
(edited)

30th August hohoho. Waiting for confirmation email from ntuc, within 3 working days they say.

Ducati used to run Duc trackdays at Sepang, also organised by the SBR guys that I do my trackdays with. One of the guys, Joe, that runs SBR is also a manager at Minerva. Sometimes they open up slots to non-Ducs if there is space. But I haven't heard of them running one for awhile.

The rest I dunno but Dirtwheel (KTM dealers) would sometimes bring new models to Johor circuit to let people take a test ride around the track. This is on the normal open Saturday morning sessions though, not like they book the track for themselves or anything.

I see. How about if its a track day for the purpose for newbies wanting to learn the proper safer way for faster riding. Aka advanced riding courses? Not OTOT go as fast as u can .....at ur own risk type...

PS : Sepang, a tad far. Thought if theres advance riding course at PG would be nice.

Edited by Baal
  • Praise 1

I see. How about if its a track day for the purpose for newbies wanting to learn the proper safer way for faster riding. Aka advanced riding courses? Not OTOT go as fast as u can .....at ur own risk type...

PS : Sepang, a tad far. Thought if theres advance riding course at PG would be nice.

If I remember correctly, SAFRA got organize such 1-day advanced riding courses before. :huh:

• Praise 1

(edited)

Sometimes there are, my "coach" was an ex-racer who ran small clinics at pg but he's retired now. Best thing to do is go with an experienced friend to pg on a weekday morning when it's quiet. But the surface at pg is just worse everytime I got there.

The SBR trackdays that I do are also very safely run. They split riders into groups A/B/C, with A being the fast boys and racers, B the intermediate guys and C the slower guys/beginners/first timers at Sepang. Every group gets a 20 minute session every hour. The general rule is leave about 2m clearance when passing someone else and try not to pass in the middle of a turn. There is a safety briefing before every trackday and first timers get an additional briefing as well. They will usually lead first timers around to learn the track during the first session to show them a general idea of where it goes.

Same thing there you can get someone more experienced to show you around. Because I usually pootle around on trackdays I always register myself in the C group and quite often get asked to lead first timers around (same thing happens when I do trackdays with my Malaysian friends as well). I'm more than happy to show people around, what the general lines are and areas to look out for.

Personally I do trackdays to relax and clear my mind and also to just hang out with buddies talking cock over the weekend. I don't bother with laptimes and I hardly ever go full bore down the straights, I'm usually approaching t15 and t1 at only around 200-220. I just work on keeping my lines neat and being smooth.

There are also "advanced riding courses" at the driving centres, which is a full day course. But still it's in the circuit so you don't really get much practice although it'll build up your bike handling skills at low speed and some of the theory might be refreshing.

Edited by Myxilplix
  • Praise 2

Internal Moderator

SI. BEH. LIAN!

LIAN??? [confused][confused][confused]

You don't know la. Show your gf/wifey this. She will tell you damn chio. Or maybe ask @rainbowbiatch!

post-107101-0-20422800-1405501259.jpg

Haha yes. DIY ftw. The bubble relatively easy. Look at the fuel tank cap. [shakehead]

Nicely done. I see until [dead]

Supersonic

At the current age of SP(s) in general, how is the pro-arm doing assuming there has been no maj accident? Heard that some are getting not as resilient liao.

• Praise 1

(edited)

You don't know la. Show your gf/wifey this. She will tell you damn chio. Or maybe ask @rainbowbiatch!

attachicon.gifblingsss.jpg

I no gf/wifey, but if I did they'd probably not approve. I got one ladyfriend who rides who TW fully done up in zebra stripes but instead of black/white it's different shades of brown.

Edited by Myxilplix

attachicon.gifblingsss.jpg

wow... tat is alot of effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can bling my hp casing for me? [flowerface]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

another crazy idea i had was to buy a vespa with side car

http://www.sidecar.sg/about-us/

Actually, I also ever thought of the above but in an utilitarian manner. Eg, RX-K with a square side car.

So have 1 bike for worshipping & 1 bike(side car) for marketing purposes. :D

• Praise 2

Actually, I also ever thought of the above but in an utilitarian manner. Eg, RX-K with a square side car.

So have 1 bike for worshipping & 1 bike(side car) for marketing purposes. :D

I hv seen a Phantom with a side car...

Too bad tuk tuk not allow....

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I hv seen a Phantom with a side car...

Too bad tuk tuk not allow....

Haha, but these days, I noticed a trend gaining traction of scooters installing 2 rear wheels, looks oem spec. However don't thing these models would be able to corner as well as those Piaggio 3 wheelers with 2 wheels at the front that can lean together as the rider turns.

• Praise 1

2 rear wheels more for delivery duties or disabled riders. Singapore Post recently added some 3-wheeler (those 2 rear wheels) scooters to their fleet.

Haha, but these days, I noticed a trend gaining traction of scooters installing 2 rear wheels, looks oem spec. However don't thing these models would be able to corner as well as those Piaggio 3 wheelers with 2 wheels at the front that can lean together as the rider turns.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

2 rear wheels more for delivery duties or disabled riders. Singapore Post recently added some 3-wheeler (those 2 rear wheels) scooters to their fleet.

In the past, mostly so. But now I see able bodied rider + pillion with such brand new scooters. Guess have potential to carry more stuff & don't need to put feet down.

Arh....maybe that's why lta spotted the trend & decided to increase CAT D $$ due to the 3rd wheel.

- pay for 3rd wheel

- pay for not having to place feet down

- pay for more ease in carrying cargo

- pay for more stability

- pay for inconveniencing drivers since its broader & cant lane split as well.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1