Class 2B Riding Lessons & All Abt Motorcycles

Keen

Oh oh, Vespa GTS300 is power man,,,,,,,,,,, no more new one liao, only option is used ones. NICE [thumbsup]

Used to ride something a bit of power back in those day (1991), still miss my bike .... hahah [:)]

1988_GSXR400_blk_500.jpg

GSX-R400 1988

Overall Length: 1,995 mm (78.5 in)

Overall Width: 695 mm (27.4 in)

Overall Height: 1,110 mm (43.7 in)

Wheelbase: 1,375 mm (54.1 in)

Dry Weight: 160 kg (352 lbs)

Engine type: Water-cooled 398 cc inline-4, DOHC, 16 valves. 59 hp/ 12,000 rpm, 3,9 kg-m/ 10,500 rpm.

Wah Lau Ehh ... Those were the days man ... Remind me of this Bike ...

1984_GSX750S_Katana_520.jpg

i saw a bmw scooter the other day.. sounds dam nice..

Close to $30K for a Scooter ... I went down the other day to view ... Nice Manzz ... But Price not Nice ... [laugh]

Wah Lau Ehh ... Those were the days man ... Remind me of this Bike ...

1984_GSX750S_Katana_520.jpg

Close to $30K for a Scooter ... I went down the other day to view ... Nice Manzz ... But Price not Nice ... [laugh]

Ya, Katana is one of my favourrite too [thumbsup] one of the few with highlight open/close kind ....cool :D

Scoot is better for me now cos I only ride around the neighborhood ... But my hands are very itchy for an Enduro like a GS ... My Heart is saying YES!!! ... But my Mind is saying NO!!! ...

Think I can put groceries & food in the Side & Top Boxes ... [laugh]

Solution = Get a GS650, put the hepco double side panniers & top box. can carry 1 week of grocerys..:)

SM has is very ideal for Sg roads. Immediate power & torque. Only thing for me is seat a tad narrow... Good for shorter distances I guess. This narrow seat thingy is also my may gripe regarding the Yammy's MT09.

Solution = Get a GS650, put the hepco double side panniers & top box. can carry 1 week of grocerys..:)

SM has is very ideal for Sg roads. Immediate power & torque. Only thing for me is seat a tad narrow... Good for shorter distances I guess. This narrow seat thingy is also my may gripe regarding the Yammy's MT09.

Stop it! ... Here I'm trying to resist ....There you are tempting me ... 😂

By the way GS800 is nicer leh ...

Edited by Chowyunfatt

Yah too expensive liao....... but then again its a BMW....... [drivingcar]

My Wife drives a BMW ... I Drive a BMW ... Our Family Car is also a BMW ... When I told my Wife I wanted to buy a GS, she ask ... What Bike is a GS? ... I said BMW ... She said ... You "Siao Arhh" how many BMW you want ... I kena Left Right Center man ... 😂

Oh oh, Vespa GTS300 is power man,,,,,,,,,,, no more new one liao, only option is used ones. NICE [thumbsup]

Used to ride something a bit of power back in those day (1991), still miss my bike .... hahah [:)]

1988_GSXR400_blk_500.jpg

GSX-R400 1988

Overall Length: 1,995 mm (78.5 in)

Overall Width: 695 mm (27.4 in)

Overall Height: 1,110 mm (43.7 in)

Wheelbase: 1,375 mm (54.1 in)

Dry Weight: 160 kg (352 lbs)

Engine type: Water-cooled 398 cc inline-4, DOHC, 16 valves. 59 hp/ 12,000 rpm, 3,9 kg-m/ 10,500 rpm.

Thats the bike I rode !!!. Awesome. 1st gear drag to 11500, speedo = 75kmh. Shiok !!!.

called the K model. When I rode it in 1999.....it was aka Lao Gui Bu lol

Got the sticker Slingshot. Those were the days.......

Damn Japs, why they stop these machines. At the very least, bring them back in the form of Street fighters. Now only left modern tech/semi retro styled S4 & GSR400 (PI only). But as seen in the Yamaha pricing......these 400cc IL4 pricing is really not quite competitive.

Could be due to the Jap licensing system. Whereby if above 18 ( or maybe 21,...but dont think so).....a licensee is allowed to medium size bike defined as 400cc. As for 16yo, limited to 125cc. But when they reach 18 then its 400cc. iinw.

Stop it! ... Here I'm trying to resist ....There you are tempting me ...

By the way GS800 is nicer leh ...

Actually, in view of putting all those panniers.....ur suggestion is true.

ok ok, I stop. The last time I chit chat with T2 also ended something like that lol [laugh]

Thats the bike I rode !!!. Awesome. 1st gear drag to 11500, speedo = 75kmh. Shiok !!!.

Damn Japs, why they stop these machines. At the very least, bring them back in the form of Street fighters. Now only left modern tech/semi retro styled S4 & GSR400 (PI only). But as seen in the Yamaha pricing......these 400cc IL4 pricing is really not quite competitive.

Could be due to the Jap licensing system. Whereby if above 18 ( or maybe 21,...but dont think so).....a licensee is allowed to medium size bike defined as 400cc. As for 16yo, limited to 125cc. But when they reach 18 then its 400cc. iinw.

ok ok, I stop. The last time I chit chat with T2 also ended something like that lol [laugh]

Ya, was one of the better bikes those days. Love riding it back then,,,,,,,,,,,,but

Had a very bad accident with this bike (not my fault, knock down by a TAXI that was doing a U-turn n slam onto my side), n had to be on leg cast for almost 11months [bigcry]

After a few yrs, rode this bike again tat belong to my buddy n it felt damn SHIOK ... hahahha [thumbsup]

AFter a few weeks, kana BAN by MUM n Wife................... hahaha lol

ANYWAY good fun on bikes [thumbsup]

My Wife drives a BMW ... I Drive a BMW ... Our Family Car is also a BMW ... When I told my Wife I wanted to buy a GS, she ask ... What Bike is a GS? ... I said BMW ... She said ... You "Siao Arhh" how many BMW you want ... I kena Left Right Center man ... 😂

hahahah lol.................. can understand ur feelg.......... even not BMW also will get a bit of [furious]

But why not a Ducati Fighter [thumbsup]

Tat was one of the reason tat I may want to take my Class 2 after so so so long............. hahahaha

Mine was this , the last few batches of the GSX400. Crazy power, horrendous reliability

post-10921-0-93287700-1409024735.jpg

Ya, was one of the better bikes those days. Love riding it back then,,,,,,,,,,,,but

Had a very bad accident with this bike (not my fault, knock down by a TAXI that was doing a U-turn n slam onto my side), n had to be on leg cast for almost 11months [bigcry]

After a few yrs, rode this bike again tat belong to my buddy n it felt damn SHIOK ... hahahha [thumbsup]

AFter a few weeks, kana BAN by MUM n Wife................... hahaha lol

ANYWAY good fun on bikes [thumbsup]

hahahah lol.................. can understand ur feelg.......... even not BMW also will get a bit of [furious]

But why not a Ducati Fighter [thumbsup]

Tat was one of the reason tat I may want to take my Class 2 after so so so long............. hahahaha

Ducati Fighter is like my Speed Triple ... Cannot put box ... very ugly ... [laugh]

Mine was this , the last few batches of the GSX400. Crazy power, horrendous reliability

This is the "M" model right?

Edited by Chowyunfatt

Ducati Fighter is like my Speed Triple ... Cannot put box ... very ugly ... [laugh]

This is the "M" model right?

Actually "L" n "M" model very similar. Tat time I also blur.

This model super nice, like the straight contour of the bike.

This is the "M" model rights

Should be the "P" model

Should be the "P" model

"P" model like was the last one right. "L", "M" & "P" model share almost same look. If I remember correctly got 2 model was differentiated by more white or blue design kind. I like the model with the SP version.

That 400rr really oozes bad boy vibes....

the reliability issues are in regards to the carbs?

Actually "L" n "M" model very similar. Tat time I also blur.

This model super nice, like the straight contour of the bike.

agree, the straight, angular looks makes it very Jippun robot style..

Mine was the FM plated blue white version.

Relaibility issues , where shall we start

1) electricals - fried ignition harness , replaced 3 times in 2 years

2) carb overflow despite sync and rebuld

3) leaking crankcase , the seals perish too fast

4) Fairing stay cracked repeadtly , welded and cracked until i gave up.

Mine was the FM plated blue white version.

Relaibility issues , where shall we start

1) electricals - fried ignition harness , replaced 3 times in 2 years

2) carb overflow despite sync and rebuld

3) leaking crankcase , the seals perish too fast

4) Fairing stay cracked repeadtly , welded and cracked until i gave up.

Sorry to hear about that bro.

But did hear that Suzy started to get its act together (generally speaking) for the better from 2001. Gixxer 1 onwards.

Will u give suzy another chance ? [sly]

↡ Advertisement