Class 2B Riding Lessons & All Abt Motorcycles

Keen

I just bought it 3 months ago. FP plate. 1997. Cannot keep for long already cos no more parts. After COE up I think just nice scrap it.

If its an "L" model ... You might consider exporting it ... its still very popular in other countries ... or even better, keep it ... They don't make Bike like these anymore ...

honda-cbr-400-03.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Couldnt agree more.

Its really so irrelavant, relative to the bike models avail these days.

Where bikes are concerned, 2A is maxi scooter or Honda Kup Series....

And thanks thanks to this archaic system, so many bike models are excluded in Sg.

And Singaporeans generally dont have the physique of a Japanese....

The intent to keep novice and inexperienced riders off more powerful machines is fully understandable , but using engine capacity as a limiting factor is really from the dinosaur ages,

If memeory serves me right , countries that adopt somewhat simlar restreictions on new riders include UK and Australia , but the limit the riders to engine output .

• Praise 1

The intent to keep novice and inexperienced riders off more powerful machines is fully understandable , but using engine capacity as a limiting factor is really from the dinosaur ages,

If memeory serves me right , countries that adopt somewhat simlar restreictions on new riders include UK and Australia , but the limit the riders to engine output .

Yes, Europe is now based on A1 & A2 system

iinw, - A, limited to 33hp

- A2, limited to 48hp

Or for Australia / OZ they use the LAMs which is by power to weight ratio. Not more than 0.26hp per Kg.

In any case, even with a restrictor kit to make it conform, the original hp of the bike cannot be more than 2x the restricted version. Hence the likes of rockets like cbr600rr, R6, G6, zx-6, would still be out of bounds more novices.

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator

If its an "L" model ... You might consider exporting it ... its still very popular in other countries ... or even better, keep it ... They don't make Bike like these anymore ...

honda-cbr-400-03.jpg

R model. Looking for L model header. Any lobangs bo? Hahaha.

R model. Looking for L model header. Any lobangs bo? Hahaha.

Those with the "L" models won't let go their headers lar ... The Bike is only valuable when it is fully stock original ... Have you tried buying from overseas online ... The headers are not too heavy, should not be a problem to ship it over ... [nod]

Just confirm with a guy to buy over his 9 yr old Big Ruckus ... Going to strip it down ... Re-Spray ... Re-Build ... The entire Scooter ... Anyone happen to come across a nice color scheme for it? ...

And no ... I will not Spray Pink ... The Color will clash with my old man looks ...

And no ... I will not stick Hello Kitty Stickers ... Because people will think I'm a Pedophile ...

0101ps250___200512.jpg

Internal Moderator

Those with the "L" models won't let go their headers lar ... The Bike is only valuable when it is fully stock original ... Have you tried buying from overseas online ... The headers are not too heavy, should not be a problem to ship it over ... [nod]

If I am really serious about getting the header (in the future not now), the best place to find probably scrapyards. So many CBRs have already bite the dust. Pretty sad.

Just confirm with a guy to buy over his 9 yr old Big Ruckus ... Going to strip it down ... Re-Spray ... Re-Build ... The entire Scooter ... Anyone happen to come across a nice color scheme for it? ...

And no ... I will not Spray Pink ... The Color will clash with my old man looks ...

And no ... I will not stick Hello Kitty Stickers ... Because people will think I'm a Pedophile ...

0101ps250___200512.jpg

post-107101-0-56146100-1409193086.png

Classic UK flag color scheme.

If I am really serious about getting the header (in the future not now), the best place to find probably scrapyards. So many CBRs have already bite the dust. Pretty sad.

Don't change lar ... Keep it stock ... More valuable this way ... If you want to sell it next time, it will be worth more to a collector this way ... [nod]

attachicon.gifflag-uk-400x233.png

Classic UK flag color scheme.

I'm suppose to be Chow Yun Fatt ... Not Austin Powers leh ... 😂

AUSTIN_WS_REV-5.jpg

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Don't change lar ... Keep it stock ... More valuable this way ... If you want to sell it next time, it will be worth more to a collector this way ... [nod]

I'm suppose to be Chow Yun Fatt ... Not Austin Powers leh ... 😂

AUSTIN_WS_REV-5.jpg

post-107101-0-96216500-1409194748_thumb.jpg

post-107101-0-84354500-1409194301.jpg

post-107101-0-72882500-1409194320_thumb.jpg

Similar color schemes?

My friend had that exact same Castrol paintwork for his VTR. Chio. A little sporty for your bike no harm ya? ^_^

Internal Moderator

Anyone have any road trip experience riding into Malacca? Any stuff to take note of? You reckon a 150cc old bike's engine can tahan the stress of traveling for three to four hours straight?

Similar color schemes?

My friend had that exact same Castrol paintwork for his VTR. Chio. A little sporty for your bike no harm ya? ^_^

Spray this type of Color Scheme ... Than later kena eat your dust ... very PaiSeh you know ... 😂

Anyone have any road trip experience riding into Malacca? Any stuff to take note of? You reckon a 150cc old bike's engine can tahan the stress of traveling for three to four hours straight?

If condition is ok, I don't see a problem ... My friends rode Vespas in to Malacca ... No Problem ... But ride slow lar ... [nod]

Yes, this L model is the best during those days. Expensive also (those days for me)

• Praise 2

0101ps250___200512.jpg

how much did you pay for this?

• Praise 1

Yes, this L model is the best during those days. Expensive also (those days for me)

It's was always between this or the GSXR ... 😄

how much did you pay for this?

Bellow $10K ...

@BabyBlade

You won't be riding for 3-4 hours straight, there will be at least one fuel stop along the way, probably at Machap around the +- 70km mark of the NSH and maybe another one at Pagoh if you guys aren't in a rush. Fuel stops might be dependent on the mileage of the various bikes in the group or simply a matter of taking it easy and having regular stops/smoke breaks.

Remember to bring raincoat. Don't tompang any of your belongings on other peoples' bikes (eg. topbox or panniers).

Make sure your fluids are topped up and it wouldn't hurt to have some extra 2T with you. If you suay suay run into problems, m'sian bikeshops should not have problems repairing an SP or in the worst case give my buddy Shanker a call (90619948) for bike recovery. He's the guy I trust to transport my bike up and down from Sepang, his rates are reasonable and he really goes out of his way to help (he will rush off in the middle of the night to rescue breakdown/accident bike from up north past KL).

Don't hold the same revs for prolonged periods, particularly if you're whacking. 2-stroke engines will develop hotspots in the combustion chamber this way which will eventually lead to pistons seizing. Vary your revs or as I prefer, occasionally open/close the throttle to vary the flow of gasses in the chamber.

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator

@BabyBlade

You won't be riding for 3-4 hours straight, there will be at least one fuel stop along the way, probably at Machap around the +- 70km mark of the NSH and maybe another one at Pagoh if you guys aren't in a rush. Fuel stops might be dependent on the mileage of the various bikes in the group or simply a matter of taking it easy and having regular stops/smoke breaks.

Remember to bring raincoat. Don't tompang any of your belongings on other peoples' bikes (eg. topbox or panniers).

Make sure your fluids are topped up and it wouldn't hurt to have some extra 2T with you. If you suay suay run into problems, m'sian bikeshops should not have problems repairing an SP or in the worst case give my buddy Shanker a call (90619948) for bike recovery. He's the guy I trust to transport my bike up and down from Sepang, his rates are reasonable and he really goes out of his way to help (he will rush off in the middle of the night to rescue breakdown/accident bike from up north past KL).

Don't hold the same revs for prolonged periods, particularly if you're whacking. 2-stroke engines will develop hotspots in the combustion chamber this way which will eventually lead to pistons seizing. Vary your revs or as I prefer, occasionally open/close the throttle to vary the flow of gasses in the chamber.

Thank you @Myxilplix once again. A few questions...

1. Don't tompang any of your belongings on other peoples' bikes (eg. topbox or panniers).

Why is this so?

2. If you suay suay run into problems, m'sian bikeshops should not have problems repairing an SP or in the worst case give my buddy Shanker a call (90619948) for bike recovery.

Well noted! Thank you. Btw, Shanker is local but goes all the way up North? 1. What the average charges for a tow? 2. Do you normally tow to the nearest bike shop in M'sia or back to SG? I've heard towing can cost up to a few hundreds to get it back to SG.

3. Don't hold the same revs for prolonged periods, particularly if you're whacking. 2-stroke engines will develop hotspots in the combustion chamber this way which will eventually lead to pistons seizing.

That's the biggest fear - chances of my piston seizing. Does not cost much to replace a 2 stroke piston but up North.... Haha.

@BabyBlade

I would suggest taking the NSHW and leave early... and exit Ayer Hitam for first break....

At Ayer hitam and turn right to hv breakfast at either Kulang Railway station or turn left to try the famous Ayer Hitam bao...

or can go into Batu Pahat (32km away from Ayer Hitam) then stop in the town for break fast

(can check out the choices at the batu pahat thread)

If going into Batu Pahat... then can ride to Melaka via Muar... if you prefer the small roads...

ayer keroh is ard 200km north... it takes 2.5 hr max to reach melaka

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2