Door Lock/Release function in Car alarm system

Kelpie

Hi all,

I watched a Youtube video on Legend and they have this feature that I thought is pretty useful. It works this way:

1.The door lock automatically release without the need to press the remote key when you are near the door. Helpful, if your hands are occuppied and digging out the keys from the pocket is troublesome.

2. The door will not be locked if you place your car keys in the car. Good feature if you accidentally left your car keys in the boot and you close it without noticing it.

Just wonder whether got such feature that we can get from 3rd party alarm system?

Do you know?

Thank you.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

CARSCOP 2-Way FM LCD Car Alarm w Remote Start & Keyless Entry. Available for quite awhile already.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2633470

Thanks. I read that:

Auto disarm when nearing car and arm when leaving car(like keyless entry).

What about this:

"The door will not be locked if you place your car keys inside the car. Good feature if you accidentally left your car keys in the boot and you close it without noticing it."?

Regards,

Then how u gonna open the door when ur hands are busy?

I saw in another show that you place your hand or even your butt near the door handle, it will auto release.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

That is call "keyless entry". Some car like Nissan Latio have it as a standard item.

Edited by Remas76

Neutral Newbie

just place the car key or transponder in your pocket. And you can open the door without using using your remote or car key. And some have push button to start the car which also does not require you to insert the key to start the car.

But not sure what happen if your battery is flat.. [sweatdrop]

Edited by Remas76

I saw in another show that you place your hand or even your butt near the door handle, it will auto release.

Regards,

Wow, really? the door will auto open 4 u when u r near? that is amazing^^

But one bad point is u just walk around the car without wanted to open the door,will it open and hit other car?wall?or passer-by if suay suay u park at that point?

That is call "keyless entry". Some car like Nissan Latio have it as a standard item.

You mean Latio has these 2 features?

1.The door lock automatically release without the need to press the remote key or the door handle when you are near the door? The door also auto open, when your butt touch the handle?

2. The door will not be locked if you place your car keys in the car. Good feature if you accidentally left your car keys in the boot and you close it without noticing it.

Regards,

Wow, really? the door will auto open 4 u when u r near? that is amazing^^

But one bad point is u just walk around the car without wanted to open the door,will it open and hit other car?wall?or passer-by if suay suay u park at that point?

It just releases the doors, meaning it will release a little by leaving a gap. It is not like Lambo where the door automatically open up or out.

Regards,

1.The door lock automatically release without the need to press the remote key or the door handle when you are near the door? The door also auto open, when your butt touch the handle?

Regards,

The keyless entry system in Latio need driver to press a small button on door handle, much like Lexus, Merc, etc. Currently no OEM I know of will open the door for you as it needs a motor there, and might drain the car battery excessively. It will just unlock and lock the door which works through door actuator which consumes little current.

The alarm system I mentioned is for aftermarket installation where there is no buttons on the car doors to implement the OEM style. Next best is by detecting the key transponder proximity. If near, it open the door. If further, it close the door. If you put the transponder in car, surely it will not lock the car also. It will work fine if you no need to go near your car after parking. If you stay landed and park the car in carporch, then it might be irritating that everytime you leave house and passby the car, it will auto unlock and lock. So yuo don't take the transponder in your pocket lah, since you are not driving the car anyway.

This Latio feature is the one I missed alot. So I might install this alarm system after warranty over on 3rd year if got spare money to spend.

Neutral Newbie

Can anyone advice if any workshop have add on module to Latio keyless entry system whereby it can auto arm & disarm instead of pressing the small button on door handle

Edited by Ptc77

but if i want to lock my spare key in the car .. means cannot lock liao?

cos the 2nd function was ... if key left in car, doors cannot lock rite?

but if i want to lock my spare key in the car .. means cannot lock liao?

cos the 2nd function was ... if key left in car, doors cannot lock rite?

You can still put a spare key in car. Car key as in mechanical key, without any electronic stuff embedded. The transponder is not one-piece with the car key for most aftermarket alarm system. In fact if you choose to do so, you can only carry the transponder around, and put the car key in car to start engine. But must make sure got spare key nearby like at home and office, or spare battery on standby in case the transponder battery flat.

Neutral Newbie

Regards,

The door will unlock (When both condition exist):

1) The transponder is with you

2) when you press a small black button on the door handle.

It only lock and unlock, Not auto open. Sorry about the wrong meaning

The door will lock again when:

1) When you move away from the car (as your transponder is moving away fom the car too, if you carry the transponder with you).

therefore you will not lock the car key in the car.