Buy a new car,how I know,get new car or showroom car?

Plusnplus

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

when i buy a new car, how i know get new car or showroom car?

thanks for any info/ reply

↡ Advertisement

if you are able to copy down all the chassis numbers :)

Actually, a lot of new cars are not virgins anymore when handed over to customers. These cars have been driven up and down the ships, from port to warehouse, from warehouse to showroom, from showroom to workshop, from workshop to agent before handing over to you. See how some stevedore drivers abused these cars in the port and your eyes will pop BIG BIG.

Some drivers forgot to wind up window and heavy rain flood the car in port. (Situation could be better now as they have a MSCP at PPW i/o old open air storage)Happened before.

There are a few ADs who frequently have showroom car sales. These ADs are quite transparent and if your dream car happen to be the make from these ADs, then you are quite safe. Other ADs, hard to say. Most people would be more conern on (1) YOM (2) mileage.

Edited by Kangadrool

Hi all,

I don't think these days u buy a car they will ever give u a showroom car, except for parallel importers.

Also check the overall condition of the car for eg, wrinkled leather seats, scratches all over etc.

Just check the milage if its not too high.

Want to play safe, buy from AD [flowerface]

Neutral Newbie

that's what i worried, buy from from AD, some popular AD, have same model display 2-3 in showroom, have 2 also for test drive.

is the best indicator for the registration of the chassis car?

say you book 1 aug 2009, se said delivery mid oct 09. then really you got car on mid oct 09.

if the registration on aug 2009, have chance that the car is showroom car?

Neutral Newbie

if you are able to copy down all the chassis numbers :)

Actually, a lot of new cars are not virgins anymore when handed over to customers. These cars have been driven up and down the ships, from port to warehouse, from warehouse to showroom, from showroom to workshop, from workshop to agent before handing over to you. See how some stevedore drivers abused these cars in the port and your eyes will pop BIG BIG.

Some drivers forgot to wind up window and heavy rain flood the car in port. (Situation could be better now as they have a MSCP at PPW i/o old open air storage)Happened before.

There are a few ADs who frequently have showroom car sales. These ADs are quite transparent and if your dream car happen to be the make from these ADs, then you are quite safe. Other ADs, hard to say. Most people would be more conern on (1) YOM (2) mileage.

yom only show year or with month?

normal mileage should be below 500km?

what happen if yom is recent, but mileage is above 500km?

btw, the mileage is easy to reset by ad right?

think for the ADs they will indicate that its a showroom or test drive car and give some discount.

otherwise, should be brand new.

No la 500km is too much.

Should be below 100km.

Hyundai cars are usually about 50+ km.

It does not mean ur car YOM is 2 months ago and u register 2 mths ltr u got urself a showroom car.

It simply means there is stock for the car, paper work and COE bidding takes some time.

Maybe not 2 months, but still, it takes time.

Don't worry too much lah. Just make sure YOM is not 2006 or 2007 or maybe 2008 (subjective to individual. Ask for more discount if you don't mind). Since we're already in the later part of 2009, try to get one manufactured in 2009.

Engines sitting too long never use is very bad.

Yes mileage can be easily manipulated if they want to.

think for the ADs they will indicate that its a showroom or test drive car and give some discount.

otherwise, should be brand new.

i doubt ADs would put their rep at risk to even sell you a test car or display car much less sell it as new.

TS would have more things to worry about like QC issues etc. do remember to check the paintwork and exterior upon receiving the car. my dad's silver camry had white speckles but he found out after the first wash. upon some asking and investigation via BM, we found out that the cars were parked in the vicinity of a ship spraying area and some paint was carried by the wind to the right side of all the cars. and we were not the only ones affected. walked around and spotted some other camrys of the same batch having similar speckles. [sweatdrop]

ADs would not wanna risk their reputation to give you a showroom car instead of a brand new car for your ride [nod]

Normally showroom/test drive car got discount one [nod]

Neutral Newbie

No la 500km is too much.

Should be below 100km.

Hyundai cars are usually about 50+ km.

It does not mean ur car YOM is 2 months ago and u register 2 mths ltr u got urself a showroom car.

It simply means there is stock for the car, paper work and COE bidding takes some time.

Maybe not 2 months, but still, it takes time.

wuahh, my 1st car, from kah motor, 1st time i see of course the mileage, 170km leh.

that time i'm first time buy car, so think just ok.

yeah, should be below 100km.

unless in original country manufactur, the factory/ workshop very far to port. but usually they also use carrier right?

wuahh, then for kah motor, sure from any psa gate to mandai, less then 30km. and i believe, they also use carrier, not drive one by one from port to mandai right?

wuah-wuahh, warning to someone who want buy from kah motor

Hi all,

One way I did to give some form of assurance is to put it down in the sales agreement that no showroom or test drive unit. Other thing is to look at mileage upon collection, remembered mine was less than 50km.

Ad will offer you discount if its a show room car. I was offered about 1.8k discount for a test drive car (mileage is less than 1000km)..i declined the offer as the discount is not really that much

when i got my new car from the warehouse, the odo shows only 6km.

Neutral Newbie

Ad will offer you discount if its a show room car. I was offered about 1.8k discount for a test drive car (mileage is less than 1000km)..i declined the offer as the discount is not really that much

when i got my new car from the warehouse, the odo shows only 6km.

6km=6000 meter. that really make sense.

use carrier warehouse to port. drive from port to ship, ship to port. use carrier to warehouse.

wuah-wuahh, mine 170km (170,000 meter) leh, from KAH MOTOR some more.

regret not take picture, but the se still in kah motor, just call the reception to confirm

How come the mileage of new cars stated by some of you are so high?

When i received my new car last year, the mileage was 5km.

When i received my new car 2 months back, the mileage was 12km.

Does that mean mine was tweaked? :o

Btw i was also worried that my car was a showroom car (not test drive) as i collected my ride 2 weeks after signing on the dotted line. Anyway to check?

Edited by Sg2303

Neutral Newbie

How come the mileage of new cars stated by some of you are so high?

When i received my new car last year, the mileage was 5km.

When i received my new car 2 months back, the mileage was 12km.

Does that mean mine was tweaked? :o

Btw i was also worried that my car was a showroom car (not test drive) as i collected my ride 2 weeks after signing on the dotted line. Anyway to check?

for me, it's better the odo been tweak. at least i'm not panic, if see more then 100km

Neutral Newbie

The highest mileage I ever heard was 15km for a new car. I collected mine last year, showed 9km. I m surprised here gt some veri high mileage.

Any SEs frm ADs here care to share some info?

↡ Advertisement