Japan and continental car almost same price now, but ...

Plusnplus

I guess for buyers in that higher premium band, time is money.

The less time they need to spend dealing with wear and tear or any breakdown of equipment within the warranty period is a plus for them.

Time can be better spent generating more income or surfing MCF. :grin:

↡ Advertisement

I feel servicing and maintenance is a normal thing to do whether you drive conti or jap. But the thing about conti is the parts. Really expensive to replace the parts. And must be original somemore.

My 2008 CRV engine mount cost $500+ from stockist and my 2008 c180 engine/gearbox mount only $300 from stockist. Not necessary conti is $. But if go back AD for repair, surely high mark up

Neutral Newbie

I do agree, one of my conti's parts need replacement, and it took like a week for it to arrive. time is money, every second in the workshop is wasting $$

I do agree, one of my conti's parts need replacement, and it took like a week for it to arrive. time is money, every second in the workshop is wasting $$

Esp,Brand & models that sell very little..... [furious] Even outside parts stockist...also don't stock.

What's the car?  Which part?

top up engine oil? 

Mine different leh.... during servicing they topped up till 3/4. As I drive..... it became full.... [laugh]

Conti cars more on electrical problems like bulbs blown,etc,while bulbs blown is a small problem,the trouble of it is the cars very difficult to DIY change,so need to send to workshop to change. [bigcry] ,also need to top out engine oil every 5000km...

Price may be similar, but the cost of servicing is the one you need to take note of.

actually normal servicing, found my conti cheaper than the jap

12k servicing intervals a yeas, $228 all in for a 5 series

10k intervals for the jap, around $300 for the CX7

but perhaps after that parts outside may be cheaper.  

However, there are good conti workshops out there too that get good prices on the parts.

Quite a level game now

actually normal servicing, found my conti cheaper than the jap

12k servicing intervals a yeas, $228 all in for a 5 series

10k intervals for the jap, around $300 for the CX7

but perhaps after that parts outside may be cheaper.  

However, there are good conti workshops out there too that get good prices on the parts.

Quite a level game now

Not very well versed with conti but my friend's volvo he told me servicing damn gaolat. Of course conti is a wide range, Opel also consider conti :S.

As for parts, suppose if one's conti brand is majority in SG perhaps the parts is cheaper, similar logic to Jap makes. Suppose also subject to the "warranty under AD, parts must get from AD too if not void warranty"? Probably that's why peeps often say the servicing + parts is ex....

Unless of course, porsche....... :D :D :D

Not very well versed with conti but my friend's volvo he told me servicing damn gaolat. Of course conti is a wide range, Opel also consider conti :S.

As for parts, suppose if one's conti brand is majority in SG perhaps the parts is cheaper, similar logic to Jap makes. Suppose also subject to the "warranty under AD, parts must get from AD too if not void warranty"? Probably that's why peeps often say the servicing + parts is ex....

Unless of course, porsche....... :D :D :D

that's another ball game for these rarer contis.

BMW and MErc like mass mkt.  Jaguar, vulva, I agree, jialat :XD:

GTR you service lor...see if you cry anot...@sp4wn say wan...hahahaha

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

forget crying tears. can cry blood liao. 

• Praise 1

Think the stigma is if ppl buy a brand new car, they stick the servicing n parts with AD then that's where they feel shiong. Of course if they decided to venture out, then will be comparable with jap car makes, issit?

forget crying tears. can cry blood liao. 

Better sayang her everyday... Pet her everyday lol

Think the stigma is if ppl buy a brand new car, they stick the servicing n parts with AD then that's where they feel shiong. Of course if they decided to venture out, then will be comparable with jap car makes, issit?

yes.  The big 2, M and B have got many reputable WS outside, even better than AD, I can safely say

Turbocharged

cannot sayang her already. probably need to retire her once and for all.

cannot sayang her already. probably need to retire her once and for all.

aiyah basically prepare her for being a coke can lah.... :veryangry:  :veryangry:

Turbocharged

aiyah basically prepare her for being a coke can lah.... :veryangry:  :veryangry:

from godzilla to coke can. well, at least still bringing smiles to people :D

from godzilla to coke can. well, at least still bringing smiles to people :D

hahahhahaa :a-happy:  [thumbsup]