Replacing Micro SD

Ahseng

Hi guys, nvr did this before and don't wan to cok up all the data in my exising HTC TYTN II phone.

What i want to do is to upgrade the microsd card to a bigger capacity and then transferring all the existing data/songs/programs or better still copy wholesale whatever the current card has to the new one and make it work.

How is the sequence/procedure to doing this?

regards

↡ Advertisement

Anything stopping you from copying the entire contents to a specially created and uniquely named folder on your HDD, and then copying the contents of that folder out onto the new Micro SD card?

That way you also have a backup of the contents of the old Micro SD card.

Probably.

Aiyah what is stopping you? Since you want to buy the larger capacity Micro SD card, it is already budgeted for. Even if the suggested method does not work, all you have lost is a few minutes of time. You don't have to watch the computer copying the contents. You can do something else.

And if my suggestion does not work, just replace the old Micro SD card and everything will be back to normal. No data would have been lost.

But if the method works, then mission accomplished what.

It's not as though this is going to lead to some disaster.

does doing it this way grab all the outlook contacts too?

Hi .... I suppose you are using a HTC phone which runs on Windows Mobile.

Ok .... there are 2 memory :

- Phone internal memory

- External storage card memory

For external storage card .... just copy everything from your phone to your PC/NB harddisk .... get the new storage card .... then copy everything back from the PC/NB harddisk back.

That's it.

For contacts .... appointments and sms-es ..... I personally like to use PIMBackup v2.8 ..... just run it ... everything .... means EVERYTHING ... including contacts ... sms-es .... call logs ... etc ... will be backup.

Make sure the PIMBackup software is in the microSD card also.

* NOTE : MAKE SURE THAT YOU BACKUP TO YOUR STORAGE CARD AND NOT YOUR PHONE MEMORY ...

Once backup done ..... take out the microSD card .... put it into the new phone ..... run the PIMBackup .... choose "Restore" .... select the file to restore from .... then wait ....

Once done .... the new phone will have everything that you had in the old phone .... then go copy your data from one microSD to another.

Hope this helps.

Anything stopping you from copying the entire contents to a specially created and uniquely named folder on your HDD, and then copying the contents of that folder out onto the new Micro SD card?

That way you also have a backup of the contents of the old Micro SD card.

I did this last time... ended up with my saved games all gone when i use the new card. Put back old card, all still there. Don't know why. Suspecting it's card ID or something.

bro,

any software to recover data loss in the micro SD Card?

Sorry .... that is really beyond me.

I have lost data on harddisk before also.

My advise is .... if the data is very important to you ..... BACKUP!!

↡ Advertisement