Lower back pain

Sunlight

I usually go to gym on tuesdays to train on chest n biceps. After that, i will wake up with lower back pain on wednesdays.

Can anyone help explain what went wrong?? [:/]

↡ Advertisement

I usually go to gym on tuesdays to train on chest n biceps. After that, i will wake up with lower back pain on wednesdays.

Buy Osim Upapa.... it helps.... abit [laugh]

• Praise 1

do you hav a back practice of swinging backwards when doing heavy biceps curls?? or arch ur lower back up when doing heavy chest press??

you can also start by training ur core muscles too... do some lower back extension n crunches to start with... hope it helps [flowerface]

Please tell us what routine you did? Knowing which routine you did will enable us to give more and informative answers.

ok can u still bend over and touch your toes without a shooting pain up your back? If so, it is muscle strain only...rub some deep enough. If you must take some oral pain killers.

Chk your posture when training...do not use the wrong part to lift. Do adequate stretching prior to workout. Also, maybe reduce the weights....Rome wasn't built in a day bro....

• Praise 1

i can touch my toes. dont think my posture got problem else the guy supporting me for bench press will inform me. too shy to say how much i bench press.

i dont swing backwards while doing biceps.

i have problem with my lower back too. one fine day a few years ago, i bend to remove my shorts, i heard a snap. and couldn't get up for that moment. after a few fruitless visit to teh GP, i got a letter from them to visit sports doctor. Dr Ben Tan, the ex-national sailor saw me. He saw the x-ray and immey say my c4 and 5 back bone is fused closer than normal. when young, the muscle around this section still can help to support your weight, but as u age, the muscle weaken. unfortunately, it's a chronic illness and there's no cure. physio helps. just need to manage the pain these days. if go gym, try not to carry heavy weights standing up. if doing bench press, put your legs up like doing sit ups. i heard philates helps as it strengthen core muscles.

i got downgraded to Pes C2 L9

• Praise 1

i have problem with my lower back too. one fine day a few years ago, i bend to remove my shorts, i heard a snap. and couldn't get up for that moment. after a few fruitless visit to teh GP, i got a letter from them to visit sports doctor. Dr Ben Tan, the ex-national sailor saw me. He saw the x-ray and immey say my c4 and 5 back bone is fused closer than normal. when young, the muscle around this section still can help to support your weight, but as u age, the muscle weaken. unfortunately, it's a chronic illness and there's no cure. physio helps. just need to manage the pain these days. if go gym, try not to carry heavy weights standing up. if doing bench press, put your legs up like doing sit ups. i heard philates helps as it strengthen core muscles.

i got downgraded to Pes C2 L9

Wow, your case sounds exactly like mine. My L4 and L5 disc is closer than normal so sometimes it will touch the nerve resulting in back pain. So no cure for it? [smallcry] What medication are you taking bro?

Wow, your case sounds exactly like mine. My L4 and L5 disc is closer than normal so sometimes it will touch the nerve resulting in back pain. So no cure for it? [smallcry] What medication are you taking bro?

no medication. i had to loose weight, strengthen the back muscles and the hardest of all, try to maintain a good posture be it standing or sitting. we tend to slouch while sitting esp on a sofa and hunch when walking.

Now i go to a "bone setter" who will CTRL-ALT-DEL my bone structure where it's suppose to be. a painful 30-45min session especially if your condition is bad. he will also dispense advice on your posture. for me, that helped a lot. my pain used to be unbearable after 9 to 10 holes of golf. now i can play the full 18, and can hit the ball further.

PM me if you want his contact

about the same issue for me. got degenerative disc....

hurt it while [inlove] with [gorgeous] ... very pain initially... [bigcry]

sometime sleep flat on my back also pain. so i sleep sideways

I have the same problem with you guys too. Doctor advice is to operate (cut away the disc) or live with it. I have been having this pain for the pass 10++ yrs [bigcry] . It is still a bearable pain, but i had to beware of my sitting posture, can't afford to stand for too long too. Swimming is a good way to help on this back pain, u guys can try...

i get this prob every now and then.

First of all, I am not disciplined when it comes to sit ups so the stomach and lower back muscles are not strengthened as much. Also did u to too heavy reps?

Good way to warm up is to do sit ups and trunk twists.

If there is lower back pain, use ice pack to heal the affected area.

Hi..,

I had scoliosis. just find out when i was 26-28 years old. from outside look normal, when do x-ray, wow..., something like 'S' curve my spine.

carry more then 10kg in either side, 4-5 hour later will feel not good.

consult many doctor. as my age already 30 plus now, doctor only suggest, do not carry heavy object and nothing can be done to my spine.

Last year bought inversion table. wow.., i can say, there is some different before I use and after 1 year plus I use inversion table.

of course the scoliosis spine still there, but more fresh my back now.

you can consider to exercise use inversion table.

no medication. i had to loose weight, strengthen the back muscles and the hardest of all, try to maintain a good posture be it standing or sitting. we tend to slouch while sitting esp on a sofa and hunch when walking.

Now i go to a "bone setter" who will CTRL-ALT-DEL my bone structure where it's suppose to be. a painful 30-45min session especially if your condition is bad. he will also dispense advice on your posture. for me, that helped a lot. my pain used to be unbearable after 9 to 10 holes of golf. now i can play the full 18, and can hit the ball further.

PM me if you want his contact

Haha... I think we go to the same guy. Or is it me who recommended you?

Edited by Watwheels

Haha... I think we go to the same guy. Or is it me who recommended you?

the one at Revenue house? i was recommended by a kind lady while waiting for my turn at this so called tiu na place endorsed by a male actor. not sure if it's coincidence, after that very session at that tiu na place, the next morning, i almost couldn't walk. so i took the chance and tried Ah Loong.

since then, recommended quite a few friends and it all worked for them

the one at Revenue house? i was recommended by a kind lady while waiting for my turn at this so called tiu na place endorsed by a male actor. not sure if it's coincidence, after that very session at that tiu na place, the next morning, i almost couldn't walk. so i took the chance and tried Ah Loong.

since then, recommended quite a few friends and it all worked for them

Yes it's him alright. someone from the TCM near my place recommended me. Usually his schedule is quite packed. I'm going to see him tmr with my mum. She dislocated her thigh bone before when she was very young. Now here pain, there pain.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement