Life Insurance with ILP or Term

Sorrow

Hi all,

would like to check with the bros/sis here on the comments on these two types of life insurance.

Which would be a better form of protection???

Regards

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

would like to check with the bros/sis here on the comments on these two types of life insurance.

Regards

term would typically be the cheapest form of insurance. but it has its drawbacks.

ILPs can offer a lower cost of insurance, which can be lower than term, but your annual outlay might be more. it also has its drawbacks.

ultimately, it boils down to your personal needs, and financial goals.

i am from AXA Life btw.

cheers!

term would typically be the cheapest form of insurance. but it has its drawbacks.

ILPs can offer a lower cost of insurance, which can be lower than term, but your annual outlay might be more. it also has its drawbacks.

ultimately, it boils down to your personal needs, and financial goals.

i am from AXA Life btw.

cheers!

well...just bought a plan, seems that the coverage is 25 years only which i will only be 54, need to renew at that point which i think will be super expensive..so i was thinking, better to terminate now since its only the first year.

guess to trusting to a fren is aso one way to get urself killed

Hi all,

Regards

PROTECTION = TERM

Term = forget about getting any $$$ back at the end of term.

If by 54, your kids are independent, then no need any more insurance. Why waste $$$ ?

But, if you buy term, just ensure you are disciplined in your own regular savings and manage your investments prudently.

Buy TERM and invest the balance. That's what a lot of insurance agents do themselves also. But, they will psycho you to buy expensive ILP and whole life by playing on your fear and presumed all consumers are poor disciplined savers and investors. IT IS A GREAT INSULT!

Edited by Kangadrool

PROTECTION = TERM

Term = forget about getting any $$$ back at the end of term.

If by 54, your kids are independent, then no need any more insurance. Why waste $$$ ?

But, if you buy term, just ensure you are disciplined in your own regular savings and manage your investments prudently.

Buy TERM and invest the balance. That's what a lot of insurance agents do themselves also. But, they will psycho you to buy expensive ILP and whole life by playing on your fear and presumed all consumers are poor disciplined savers and investors. IT IS A GREAT INSULT!

well, i suppose like i said in my previous post, trusting a fren too much gets urself killed ...just paid the whole year premium , so think have to wait till it expires then cancel it and start a new plan...

well, i suppose like i said in my previous post, trusting a fren too much gets urself killed ...just paid the whole year premium , so think have to wait till it expires then cancel it and start a new plan...

You have a free look period, meaning you can cancel and get a refund within a stipulated period of time. Since you said "just paid", presumed it's only few days ago only. Should be able to do some damage control.

You have a free look period, meaning you can cancel and get a refund within a stipulated period of time. Since you said "just paid", presumed it's only few days ago only. Should be able to do some damage control.

well its a few months in fact, i guess ppl will start saying i nvr see properly or ask properly...that i admit its my mistake.... guess...onli can do damage control next year when the premium is up ...i'll get the exact stuff i wan

well...just bought a plan, seems that the coverage is 25 years only which i will only be 54, need to renew at that point which i think will be super expensive..so i was thinking, better to terminate now since its only the first year.

if u say u made a mistake with this term plan u just bought, what made u sign on the dot?

what made you think at that point, "it's a good plan for me"?

Edited by Nine_eleven

YOU BETTER CHECK WITH THE AGENT HOW MUCH % OF COMMISSION HE/SHE WILL EARN FROM THAT POLICY. YOU WILL BE VERY SHOCKED !!! :o

OOPS ...! [lipsrsealed]

Hi all,

Regards

How much coverage are we talking about here? And how much is the premium?

Buying ILP is similar to buying a term insurance and doing a RSP on a Unit Trust. The difference when buying an ILP, you are paying the insurance company a monthly fee to "manage" your unit trust investment.

Ever heard of the saying "Buy Term Invest the Rest" ? Do a search in Google.

If u have done NS, see if you are eligible for the Aviva SAF Group Term Insurance (with the supplementary illness rider if you want that too). The premium is really cheap, like $12.80/month/$100K for death/TPD, and $10/month /$100K for illness rider if u r <45y.o.

well its a few months in fact, i guess ppl will start saying i nvr see properly or ask properly...that i admit its my mistake.... guess...onli can do damage control next year when the premium is up ...i'll get the exact stuff i wan

Bro, everyone makes mistakes. Just move on.

In the meantime, have you gotten yourself insured with the medisave integrated approved plans? I am talking about AIA Health Shield, Aviva MyShield Plan or Prudential's Prushield....These plans are on top of your medisave and compensate the short comings of your existing medishield coverage (provided you do not have one of the above plans). Speaking from personal experience, it is advisable to get one of these plans. Premiums for these plans are paid through your medisave CPF account on an annual basis and are not expensive. No need to take monies from your existing banks or pocket.

By the way, I am not an agent and my advice/opinion has no vested interest.

Edited by Yuan

if u say u made a mistake with this term plan u just bought, what made u sign on the dot?

what made you think at that point, "it's a good plan for me"?

at that point, i overlooked the part where i would have to renew the contract at 54 provided i didn't do any claims at that time.... and looking back now, if i have to buy back at 54, the premium would be super high thereby wiping out whatever investments i have in the first place, is it correct for me to say?

coverage of around 300K from death till dismemberment etc..

paying around 5k yearly with yearly cashback of 2500 after 3rd year.

but i went through my current insurance, i have an aviva term insurance (SAF) which pays nearly the same amount of coverage but without investment elements

like what the bros here say, i doubt i'll need the cashback as I'm doing my own investments, and the insurance expires 25 years later....which isn't worthwhile if i renew at age 54...

yah...after looking back at it, i think i would rather do my own investment which i'm doing now....

Ever heard of the saying "Buy Term Invest the Rest" ? Do a search in Google.

If u have done NS, see if you are eligible for the Aviva SAF Group Term Insurance (with the supplementary illness rider if you want that too). The premium is really cheap, like $12.80/month/$100K for death/TPD, and $10/month /$100K for illness rider if u r <45y.o.

i'm from SAF, so now maybe trying to increase my term insruance while partial cancelling my that Prudential insruance next year as some elements like multiple crisis cover and crisis cover III is quite good in my opiniion...the rest..i can use my SAF one which is super cheap

Bro, everyone makes mistakes. Just move on.

In the meantime, have you gotten yourself insured with the medisave integrated approved plans? I am talking about AIA Health Shield, Aviva MyShield Plan or Prudential's Prushield....These plans are on top of your medisave and compensate the short comings of your existing medishield coverage (provided you do not have one of the above plans). Speaking from personal experience, it is advisable to get one of these plans. Premiums for these plans are paid through your medisave CPF account on an annual basis and are not expensive. No need to take monies from your existing banks or pocket.

By the way, I am not an agent and my advice/opinion has no vested interest.

i have that PruShield thing, now is can only wait till next year before i cancel the policy for some of the elements i don't need as i had paid a full year's premium. sadzzz

Edited by Sorrow
↡ Advertisement