Eastern Europe or Spain with Portugal

Dannyk

Neutral Newbie

Hi, has anyone been to Eastern Europe or Spain? Which is better place to visit in Dec... We are choosing between these 2 tour packages. Please advise and share with us your experience. For those who had join any tour agency before, pls recommend if it is good and your comments too.

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Depend on whether u like to freeze your butt (eastern europe) or a milder winter (spain).....

But if u have experienced winter before, then this is not much of an issue.... Other than that it's quite hard to compare since both have very distinctive charms and attractions....

However if u r a soccer freak, then consider Spain + Portugal.... Can a proper Champion's League match there [thumbsup] ... but must be in early Dec before they break for the winter break....

Hi, has anyone been to Eastern Europe or Spain? Which is better place to visit in Dec... We are choosing between these 2 tour packages. Please advise and share with us your experience. For those who had join any tour agency before, pls recommend if it is good and your comments too.

Thanks in advance.

Spain is better .

If u r open for other choices, then the city of Liverpool and crusie by the Mercy

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, thanks for your reply. U guys been there free and easy or by tour package? Can share your itinerary with us.

thanks

Hi guys, thanks for your reply. U guys been there free and easy or by tour package? Can share your itinerary with us.

thanks

l

Free & Easy.... very easy to plan... just go to the library or bookshop and pick up a copy of Lonely Planet... got loads of information on itinerary and recommendations on places to stay and eat...

I love Barcelona.... pretty gals.... cool club scene..... interesting architecture (google "Antonio Gaudi") and great football club! [thumbsup]

hi i've been to nearly all parts of europe.

including the baltic states.

took a half year long holiday to fulfill this life-long wish of mine.

i would say go for eastern europe FIRST.

then next time u can go for portugal + spain.

why?

Eastern europe is undergoing a lot of transition currently. If u want to catch a more laid-back version of europe, eastern europe is the place to go. Plus the exchange rate is favorable. there are news that eastern europe will soon adopt euro currency.

Spain + portugal I reckon will be the same even 5 years down the road. No doubt they'r beautiful places. they'r amazing. I love barcelona. I love lisbon. But there's no hurry to visit them as compared to eastern europe.

Prague, Budapest, Vienna to name a few, are quaint and understated.

Hi TS,

free and easy please! wiki has lots of information. some good URL: www.thereareplaces.com ; www.wikitravel.com ; www.wikipedia.com

go there and get lost.

go there and be innocent once again.

go there and immerse urself into the rich european culture.

go there and fumble on the different languages.

This is EUROPE.

Transportation in europe is as simple as ABC.

i struggled slightly in Paris.

People there are resistant to english + the train map is highly complicated.

for all other parts of europe,

I've no issues at all.

its really that simple.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Friendster, thanks for your info. Possible PM me your itienary in Eastern Europe and the good hotel there for stay.

thanks

I've lived in Europe for 10 years in the past and travelled to those areas before. In december, it all depends on weather and not the place liao. If you can tahan v cold, then can consider east europe.... anyhow, most of east europe transitioned liao compared to the 90s. Portugal feels like 3rd world nation in 1st world continent.

I want to go Stockholm in hard winter.

Visit the suburb of Blackberg.

Hopefully play in some playground with a Rubik's cube.

Meet Eli the 12yo vampire....

↡ Advertisement