Child Car Seats Compulsory in Malaysia?

Titank

Hi All,

Just would like check compulsory to have child car seat when travel on Malaysia roads?

If Malaysia TP catch estimate to pay how much "settle"?

↡ Advertisement

Hi All,

Just would like check compulsory to have child car seat when travel on Malaysia roads?

Please use a child seat whether or not it's compulsory.

Child seat is compulsory for safety. Just think of the dangers of sudden stopping for a light child unstrapped or an improperly strapped child in an adult sized seatbelt.

I cannot understand those parents that allow their kids to move around unstrapped in an MPV/SUV, or being held by the passenger in the front seat - tempting the reaper... sigh...

Singaporeans should be concerned about safety - Not Fines - when it comes to matters like these.

Edited by Vblaster_w211

yes. by right it's compulsory. Anyway it's the same in sg. If you go to msia, I would assume you would be driving out from sg and you'll surely have a child seat already. isn't it?

Unless you are thai and you are asking this when driving to msia from thailand?

As much as possible, I will try to ensure my kids are in child seats or use the seat belt buckles for kids. I never let them "roam" around in the rear seats.

Intend to transport 4 Adults & 2 child to Malaysia. Put a car seat would take up a lot of space esp mine is not a MPV or SUV.

Maybe need to go rent a SUV or MPV in Malaysia.

Actually on the issue of childcare seat driving into Malaysia and having it on as a safety procursion. it will depend on how far and how long will you be in the car. although seating in a car seat is safety for the child. but take note that baby/troddler who are seated for a very long time(1 hour or more?) might develope some health hazard problem(heard from some doctor). hence you will have to weight the pro and con of it.

Actually on the issue of childcare seat driving into Malaysia and having it on as a safety procursion. it will depend on how far and how long will you be in the car. although seating in a car seat is safety for the child. but take note that baby/troddler who are seated for a very long time(1 hour or more?) might develope some health hazard problem(heard from some doctor). hence you will have to weight the pro and con of it.

could you provide more wriiten info on this health hazard instead of just (heard from some doctor) ?

I have 4 young kids in my MPV and we always drive to Genting/K.L., at least 1 & 1/2 hrs at a stretch, I really would like to know the con part of it.

When I had my 1st kid, we drove to Penang when he was only 18mths old inside the Infant Carrier Seat with one night stop in K.L.

How uncomfortable for 4 pax and a baby to sit in a 3 seat back seat for any length of time. Especially in malaysia, when it may take hours to drive anywhere! May not be such a good idea.

as long as you take a 1/2hr break once every 1 to 1 & 1/2 hrs, it should be fine.

Hi All,

whether it's legal or not, you should belt your kids up! [thumbsup] it's not a matter of breaking the law, it's about educating your children about road/car safety when they are young. what's so bad about instilling some discipline at the same time?

travelling at NSHW speeds, yuo never know what will/can happen suddenly. please, belt everyone up.

When I had my 1st kid, we drove to Penang when he was only 18mths old inside the Infant Carrier Seat with one night stop in K.L.

18 months old can still fit into infant carrier? [shocked]

I thought they were meant for babies up to 9 months old only.

You mean within or without the speed limit?

Seems to me in MCF there's a bit of looking two ways going on.

OK to break speed limit on NSHW but cannot have 6 pax in car or have child sitting on seat.

Not necessarily pointing at you but ...

Hmmm... try to imagine what will happen if the rear passager is in the center without seat belts and you jam brakes at 80km/h or more. The fella behind will lurch forward and probably smash the front dashboard or windscreen.

An infant without proper restrainers will probably 'fly' forward.

Let your imagination run wild on the outcome.

18 months old can still fit into infant carrier? [shocked]

I thought they were meant for babies up to 9 months old only.

those guide lines are mainly for US and Europe babies, which are generally much bigger in size as compare to our Asian babies.

As long as the seat belt in the infant carrier still can fit right on top of the shoulder (not at the back of the shoulder), they still can be used lah [nod]

much like our man's 'L' size is equal to their Teens 'L' size [sweatdrop]

for me, wearing a man's size '6', when I was in USA, I can only buy shoes mean for teenage boys [sweatdrop]

Seems like we only like to break litter and speeding laws while in Malaysia.

We all look after our young ones as well.

But surley someone has been there with 6 pax in a 5 seater????????

Lot of safety advise but Noone answered your question.

I am looking for a similar option. Need to drive in to JB and have to ferry an extra 5yr old passenger. So 5 adults and 1 kid. Safety risks aside.. Do the immigration allow you to go past. Not sure if they bother with traffic rules.

Anyone with experience can comment?

↡ Advertisement