Sintel's MIO plan

Hotamp

Just like to check if anyone is on sintel's Mio plan, my residential,mobile and broadband all from sintel...thinking of converting to Mio and just pay one subscription price......like some feedback, if any forumer has any bad encounter with the service. thanks

↡ Advertisement

need to off the modem once in a while. Some reports on modem overheating.

However, if switch off modem calls cannot come in.

This should be the only complain, as internet connection is very stable and the speed is very consistent.

Just like to check if anyone is on sintel's Mio plan, my residential,mobile and broadband all from sintel...thinking of converting to Mio and just pay one subscription price......like some feedback, if any forumer has any bad encounter with the service. thanks

On it for almost a year now - residential, mobile and broadband. I have a timer to switch off the modem @2359hrs and on @0800hrs daily. So far no problems. Worth it and definitely cheaper than previous separate charges.

On it for almost a year now - residential, mobile and broadband. I have a timer to switch off the modem @2359hrs and on @0800hrs daily. So far no problems. Worth it and definitely cheaper than previous separate charges.

thanks for the feedbacks guys, but just abit confused abt the modem thingy..now i have the original Thomson modem from sintel for my present broadband...so if i were to subscribed to mio plan, sintel tell will give me a new modem ( which has a overheating problem)??

They will give you new modem. Don't worry. The overheating problem is over exaggerated. Depending on your usage pattern, you can use mio voice top up $3 to get free calls in+out. If not stick to analogue type with free incoming and paid outgoing.

They will give you new modem. Don't worry. The overheating problem is over exaggerated. Depending on your usage pattern, you can use mio voice top up $3 to get free calls in+out. If not stick to analogue type with free incoming and paid outgoing.

voice top up is $3 per mth? i think i still prefer digital voice is which one-off activation fee. no monthly charge

If I recall correctly, MIO doesn't have many channel such as ESPN, Discovery, National Geographic etc.

I pay $56 for 10mbps broadband + mio tv + home phone. as I have few accounts under singtel mobile, I get 30% off the mobile bill.

SNBB - on 24/7, no problem at all.

mio tv - hardly watch, nothing compare to starhub.

phone line - opt for analogue

discount on mobile bill - [thumbsup]

I pay $56 for 10mbps broadband + mio tv + home phone. as I have few accounts under singtel mobile, I get 30% off the mobile bill.

SNBB - on 24/7, no problem at all.

mio tv - hardly watch, nothing compare to starhub.

phone line - opt for analogue

discount on mobile bill - [thumbsup]

so if i opt for an integrated mio plan for my handphone,broadband and fixed line, ....so my present handphone will have to change?? a bit confused over the Voip thingy.... which means later my mobile calls will be routed using internet?? hows the mobile call quality when i am on the move then? the plan looks good because it does save on signing on individual services by themselves....but abit confusing...since my tv is still my trusted sony crt type :) i do not need the mio tv.

Neutral Newbie

voice top up is $3 per mth? i think i still prefer digital voice is which one-off activation fee. no monthly charge

I also chose to remain analogue. In case power outage, modem cannot work, can still use analogue line to make phone calls during emergencies.

Mio is good,

Internet is stable both connection wise and speed wise.

TV wise is okie, can watch movies from mio box

land line wise need to consider your usage. if high usage get the unlimited calls thru ip.

(emergency time still got HP mah)

mobile discount is also good. can get handset upgrade every 12 mths !

Neutral Newbie

so if i opt for an integrated mio plan for my handphone,broadband and fixed line, ....so my present handphone will have to change?? a bit confused over the Voip thingy.... which means later my mobile calls will be routed using internet?? hows the mobile call quality when i am on the move then? the plan looks good because it does save on signing on individual services by themselves....but abit confusing...since my tv is still my trusted sony crt type :) i do not need the mio tv.

MIO plan = broadband + VoIP + mobile handphone line

MIO TV = broadband + VoIP + TV programmes

Can use back your existing handphone number, no need to change.

Neutral Newbie

land line wise need to consider your usage. if high usage get the unlimited calls thru ip.

(emergency time still got HP mah)

That was also my consideration, until i experienced an estate-wide power outage that knocked out all 3 telco's mobile base-stations as well, so handphone signals all gone [sweatdrop]

Considering my land line was not that high, i remained analogue. :D