Sintel's MIO plan

Hotamp

Just like to check if anyone is on sintel's Mio plan, my residential,mobile and broadband all from sintel...thinking of converting to Mio and just pay one subscription price......like some feedback, if any forumer has any bad encounter with the service. thanks

everything's good except mio voice doesnt work very well in some areas...espcially older estates where the phone line quality is bad.

Just like to check if anyone is on sintel's Mio plan, my residential,mobile and broadband all from sintel...thinking of converting to Mio and just pay one subscription price......like some feedback, if any forumer has any bad encounter with the service. thanks

Am on MIO home currently = Land Line + Mobile Line + Boardband.

So far so good after one year...was doing a lot of research then and decided to go for it....no regret, no problem so far. Got a friend who follow me few months after my good experience, everything ok except MIO TV (which I didn't subscribe)...gte dc between TV and internet once in a while, plus occassionally cross line for land line....else all ok.

And there is saving also, plus these few weeks will upgrade my handset.... [thumbsup]

Its BB connection + home line + mobile is the attraction. I see mio tv as an extra freebie thrown in. In terms of content wise I still prefer cable tv. Home line can choose 2 types: digital or analogue. Digital means your home calls are thru your internet modem. Analogue is the conventional phone line thru your phone jack. Your mobile remains the usual mobile line, not the VoIP type. Call clarity is the same.

I think the best person to answer all your queries is the customer service officer. Call up to ask is the fastest.

Edited by Thermodynamics

Neutral Newbie

Recently got the mioplan, with broadband, hp and home line. Power for modemn has to be on everyday, never switch off. I've been experiencing problem for the wireless connection, every now and then has to connect direct to modemn to get back the connection. N downloading pages also quite slow. I prefer using maxonline which I have used before.

sucks like hell....

internet is intermitten... sometimes got, sometimes dun have

internet is considerably slower than my MOL

troublesome.... even watch TV have to wait for 5 mins stare at the purple screen before can watch....

stick to SCV+ starhub better

Neutral Newbie

The modem will have lifespan of around 2yr+. If its down, than that will be end of your world. Because you do not have internet and home line. Therefore you got to use your handphone to contact MIO and wait for around 10mins+. I have experienced these kind of woes before...

i m using Singtel BB for a few yrs after switching from SH. I rated it to be more reliable and consistent in download/upload speed. 6 months ago, i upgrade to MIO plan, BB still as reliable, using analogue phone, MIO TV nothing to shout about. So far I have NEVER switch off the modem, only problem was once the account was somehow deactivated on Singtel end, modem lost BB connection. Other than that, everything was fine.

Am on MIO home currently = Land Line + Mobile Line + Boardband.

So far so good after one year...was doing a lot of research then and decided to go for it....no regret, no problem so far. Got a friend who follow me few months after my good experience, everything ok except MIO TV (which I didn't subscribe)...gte dc between TV and internet once in a while, plus occassionally cross line for land line....else all ok.

And there is saving also, plus these few weeks will upgrade my handset.... [thumbsup]

I think Singtel has an inferior package to SH because the whole pt of switching to VoIP is to cancel the $30+ u pay quarterly for your fixed land line but u cant cancel your land line as the singtel broadband needs a landline to connect. So getting ur calls via the VoIP is mainly a ultra extra feature isnt it?

Thats wat i understand after speaking to the Customer service officer few mths back

On the other hand, SH VoIP and use of cable allows u to save completely the need for fixed land line. which is great.

but i tink cable d/ling is too slow for my purposes

but theres no way i need mio tv or can live without cable tv! [shakehead]

Hey bros.. i am looking at the mio plan now.. was told $56 for mio tv broadband and house phone.

I would like to ask is 6mbps enuogh or need 10mbps. i am currently on 10mbps but i dun really dl things much . at most stream movie and play online game.

Just BB is ok. If you add this add that, good luck to you.

Technician came to my place to service my BB. He says he almost pay "monthly visits" to houses with Mio full package. [sweatdrop]

You decide. [lipsrsealed]

Neutral Newbie

Its cheaper. But if you extend the contract for anyone of it (say mobile) It is applicable to other services also.. So you cant change until the contract gets over.. I came to know this and I didnt recontract my mobile.. Just waiting for the contract to complete and will come out of it..

eh bro.. wats the commom problem with it? Singtel call me ask me if i wanna change but my BB plan haven end they say nvm they can change for me. as now my BB plan is 50++ close to 60 every month, and phone need to pay $12 or more everymonth, i am thinking of getting the mio plan as total will be $56 and i will save + get the mio box.. but i dun think i will be using the digital voice as need to on modem waste electricity and we dun use tat line often.

So is it worth it? wat are the problems that might come up? Wat do u all mean by add this add that and full package? currently looking at the house line + 10/6mbps + mio box.. $46.90/$56.90

Worth it?

Thanx in advance!

Neutral Newbie

I am using MIO plan since one year ago but it is only broadband and mobile phone combination. I didn't switch to MIO phone because my fax machine is in different room from the MIO modem. I also changed the MIO modem/router to DLink N series because MIO modem doesn't support DDNS if you need to access from outside back to home equipment like CCTV.

So far my broadband is stable and seldom give problem.

I also chose to remain analogue. In case power outage, modem cannot work, can still use analogue line to make phone calls during emergencies.

digital voice not analog lah. i'm not willing to pay xxx every yr for a phone line i hardly use, and pay more if i do use it.

hp is good enuff for emergencies. if we go to war, also activated thru HP mah. if i not watching tv i wun see the mob alert right?

↡ Advertisement