Do you look down upon those who drive manual car?

Quantum

It also due in part to class 3A being so much easier to obtain. So some people who just don't have the talent to drive are able to get a license. Further, AT cars are so stupid easy to drive, it's easy for some drivers to be lured into complacency and not pay attention to what they are doing on the roads, thus resulting in accidents.

going by your twisted logic, then i can also say that auto cars take the attention away from having to coordinate the clutch and gear stick at the same time, and so you can focus on the road condition better . as such, manual cars are more prone to accident, if all else equal.

↡ Advertisement

going by your twisted logic, then i can also say that auto cars take the attention away from having to coordinate the clutch and gear stick at the same time, and so you can focus on the road condition better . as such, manual cars are more prone to accident, if all else equal.

Those who drives MT don't need to think about clutch and gears, it just come naturally, we analyse the road conditions, the car's speed etc, and instinctively shift gears where needed.

Due to the higher level of skills involved, MT drivers rarely fire "hand-gun" when behind the wheels. Most of those "hand-gun" accidents that I have come to know about, are only possible when you put a stupid person behind the wheels of an AT car. You can't find a stupid person behind the steering wheels of an MT car because they are just not capable of driving an MT vehicle.

by default, family car is Auto transmission, normally driving AT represent luxurious and rich, [thumbsup] so many manual car lovers have to switch to auto to avoid to be looked down by others, [;)] how do you guys think ?[:(]

this is the most absurd lot of bollocks i've ever read on MCF. you must be like all of five years old to come up with something like that! :wacko:

1. AT doesn't represent anything luxurious or rich

2. therefore NOBODY switches to an automatic car for this reason

the most expensive cars i've driven have manual gearboxes. while the cheapest come with automatic transmissions. so pray tell, how does having an automatic gearbox represent luxury or class?

All else being equal, car/driver/conditions...

AT car is safer isn't it? Safer because its easier to drive and thus the driver only need to be aware of road condition.

nope. i feel a lack of control when driving AT. especially when 'kupping' corners. imagine ECP service road he S-curve just before mcdonalds, i was going at 70km/h with an AT lancer. the gear was like 4, then 3, then 4, then 3. almost died. at least with MT you have more control in that kinda aspect. but for normal day-to-day driving, stock cars, with stock suspension and AT are by far the most relaxing to drive.

Those who drives MT don't need to think about clutch and gears, it just come naturally, we analyse the road conditions, the car's speed etc, and instinctively shift gears where needed.

Due to the higher level of skills involved, MT drivers rarely fire "hand-gun" when behind the wheels. Most of those "hand-gun" accidents that I have come to know about, are only possible when you put a stupid person behind the wheels of an AT car. You can't find a stupid person behind the steering wheels of an MT car because they are just not capable of driving an MT vehicle.

well say... those who says that M/T driver need additional attention realy CMI... ask around any M/T driver whether they put any attention during gear change... The driver will naturally change the gear when required... even without the driver himself noticing it... only P plated driver need to pay attention on clutch, gear and blaa.. blaaa.. blaa...

Auto is clever. It is clever, so you can be stupid while driving it. Manual, on the other hand, is just plain stupid. It will become as clever as the driver operating it.

Then again, that's machines for you.

No wonder i feel smarter everyday :wub::wub::wub:

depends on the vehicle also....i believe some drives can be boring.......such as vehicle handling suspension steering and maneuverability etc

but i think nissan sunny is cool....but its more for comfort and a relaxing drive

i think we have generation gap...

Neutral Newbie

It also due in part to class 3A being so much easier to obtain. So some people who just don't have the talent to drive are able to get a license. Further, AT cars are so stupid easy to drive, it's easy for some drivers to be lured into complacency and not pay attention to what they are doing on the roads, thus resulting in accidents.

well said [thumbsup]

if the person drives an automatic ferrari f360 f1, audi r8 or clk dtm amg....of course tt person will look down on manual cars....as these cars have the best technology in automatic transmissions

Edited by Ithunk

Neutral Newbie

Why would I look down on someone driving a manual car? For regular sedans, the price difference would be about $1k to $2k. If the person can afford to get a car, surely the price difference between a manual and an auto shouldn't bother him too much. [;)]

this is the most absurd lot of bollocks i've ever read on MCF. you must be like all of five years old to come up with something like that! :wacko:

1. AT doesn't represent anything luxurious or rich

2. therefore NOBODY switches to an automatic car for this reason

the most expensive cars i've driven have manual gearboxes. while the cheapest come with automatic transmissions. so pray tell, how does having an automatic gearbox represent luxury or class?

Bro, you're working for a car magazine as an editor right....? [rolleyes]

if the person drives an automatic ferrari f360 f1, audi r8 or clk dtm amg....of course tt person will look down on manual cars....as these cars have the best technology in automatic transmissions

youngsters normally think only last generation or lorry drivers to drive manual cars, those cars represent low technology and difficult to operste :D:D

Why would I look down on someone driving a manual car? For regular sedans, the price difference would be about $1k to $2k. If the person can afford to get a car, surely the price difference between a manual and an auto shouldn't bother him too much. [;)]

ya this thread is funny sia....

how to compare? go racing? lol

i think admire more of driver ability....

and OT abit....in F1 the cars are very closely matched....so its really having the talent to drive like a cat (or a squirrel) on the track and being a winner on the circuit is obvious

↡ Advertisement