Where to rent COE manual cars?

Ev0lutionz

The link says 22 years and 2 years experience. But from experience in the past, many of these companies will rent to you even with less than 2 years as long as not P-plate.

bro coe cars are not covered by rental insurance.

in an accident, the company aka middle man disappears and get away scot free

you on the other hand have to pay the full cost of damage for both cars and most probably face jail time for driving a car without insurance.

if you don t have the cash to go to a proper rental company i suggest you save up and don t get a heartburn.

a simple accident will cost at least 10k (thrid party damage, your car damage, medical claim and etc)

not to mention that even if its the guy's fault (he hit your back) the insurance company won't pay you a cent because you don t have valid insurance.

The above link says $40 per day for the budget group (Nissan Presea and Toyota Corolla), you might do better to call them or go down in person and enquire. Might be able to get cheaper if you take for a longer period.

you on the other hand have to pay the full cost of damage for both cars and most probably face jail time for driving a car without insurance.

if you don t have the cash to go to a proper rental company i suggest you save up and don t get a heartburn.

a simple accident will cost at least 10k (thrid party damage, your car damage, medical claim and etc)

not to mention that even if its the guy's fault (he hit your back) the insurance company won't pay you a cent because you don t have valid insurance.

I see. Isnt this like those rental coys that rent out private cars from owners?

Oh really!? Just to clarify, The company I mentioned is a proper rental company and the car I rented was a 1991 model but a check on the LTA particulars showed it registered as a rental car, and the agreement did include insurance and all. Is this still the case then? Would appreciate your advice as I never knew this and I always chose COE cars when renting cars back in Singapore only because I like to drive cars which might soon be extinct. If this is the case then, sadly, I can forget about this next time.

just ask yourself how much would comprehesive insurance cost for a coe car and how can they afford to give you that rental rate.

its interesting that its registered as a rental car, a very reliable source (leader in rental cars tell me that those coe cars are always illegal rental)

True, that's why I made sure I checked the registration that it wasn't some private car the company rented out on behalf of someone (reported in the news sometime back) and found it registered as a rental car. Quite strange.

PS: Do not rent from private rental company, it will lead you to license revoke

Found this on an AD. I wonder whats LTA's say on this? If we cant rent, how to drive for those who have no cars or for those who just wanna try a certain model.

And if we are stopped by ROV, only the owner will tio?

Edited by Ev0lutionz

just to check if we rent a MPv from a car rental company, how do we know the veh belongs to the company? Is it by looking at the excess or documents / road tax ? normally when we sign docs, they include insurance but buang they askl to pay up to 3k of excess or more when at fault... unless CDW but not every company have this .. I confuse

Neutral Newbie

just to check if we rent a MPv from a car rental company, how do we know the veh belongs to the company? Is it by looking at the excess or documents / road tax ? normally when we sign docs, they include insurance but buang they askl to pay up to 3k of excess or more when at fault... unless CDW but not every company have this .. I confuse

I believe there is no way to check unless u request for the logcard and the insurance cover note.

Neutral Newbie

hi, bro,

I have coe cars for rent:

Toyota Corolla Gli 1991 manual - Fri to Monday- $160

Toyota Corolla Gli 1992 auto- Fri- to Monday - $170

Honda civic Esi Gli 1992 auto- Fri- to Monday -$180

Driver age 20 can consider. Driving experience at least 14 months.

Place of collect and return corporation rd ( near Taman Jurong)

Call or sms me SANI@ 90265969 OR LYNA @

Supercharged

PS: Do not rent from private rental company, it will lead you to license revoke

erm... new ruling? :blink:

↡ Advertisement