HDB in need of $$$?

Yeshe

KNN, a few weeks ago, i went to a MSCP in Meliing st at 9am. I placed 4 x $1 coupons but accidentally peel off 9pm instead. When i returned, i found a summon was given to me and when i checked, i realise the mistake in the peel off timing from am to pm. I head straight to the HDB branch office to appeal, the officer was very helpful and told me such incident is common, just need to put up appeal letter togather with the coupons which i did. Just now, i received a reply from HDB as follows,

Dear Mr XXX

NOTICE OF PARKING OFFENCE NO. H00XXXXX DATED : 26 AUG 2009 VEHICLE NO. XXXXXX

We refer to your email of 2 Sept 2009.

2 We are aware of the grounds of your appeal and wish to clarify that we do not impute any deliberate intention on your part to commit the offence. We seek your understanding that you would have to ensure that the relevant tabs on the parking coupons are torn off correctly to reflect the current date and time of parking before leaving the parked car for your destination.

3 We are indeed sorry that your appeal for waiver of the fine has been unsuccessful. In the circumstances, we would appreciate your attention to remit payment for the fine early. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

WONG OONG KWONG

SENIOR ESTATES OFFICER

HOUSING ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT

IF there is no delibrate intent on my part to commit the offence, then WHY am i given the summon??? [dizzy][hur]

↡ Advertisement

expect more summons... fines... and etc...

I parked my car in a double yellow lines in a parking lot to check on my wife at the nearby shop. come back kena $50 fine! WTF!!!

someone else made the wrong gamble.. we pay to recover for the losses...

haiz...

isnt it obvious the entire govt is in need of money...

do becareful while driving and not be like me fall into the ditch and pay $200! which i dont even remember that incident.

with no valid ground of appeal. i suck it up and pay the fine.

if u notice more TP and LTA on the road nowadays.. always preying people. and they even wanna save summon slip's cost. they note down your no. and send u a love letter straight to your house.

i bet they are silently hoping u commit the second or third time due to ignorance.

so do becareful.

expect more summons... fines... and etc...

I parked my car in a double yellow lines in a parking lot to check on my wife at the nearby shop. come back kena $50 fine! WTF!!!

someone else made the wrong gamble.. we pay to recover for the losses...

haiz...

I'm confused, why is that a proper parking lot has double yellow lines marked on it?

my bad.. I did not park in the parking lot.. I am in the car park.. just waiting for my wife that went to the nearby teller...

Send in an appeal.. still waiting for reply... at best.. buy me time... haiz...

Edited by Quirky_ster

You lucky. I tore the right tab and no time overshot (bike - it's either day or night) and displayed so prominently that even the partially blind can see it. But, they still summoned me for FUNd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Appealed, but rejected. They claimed that their Fatimahs are following proper standard operating procedures. Cocks and Bulls Stories from them. KNNBCCB.

Imagine this scenario... if you discovered that you tore the wrong p.m tab when you return to your car but auntie fatimah wasn't around that day to give you that fine. . . at 9p.m the same day when you are out for supper, will you reuse that coupon??? I will. [dead]

perhaps I will.. but I don't care about the 50cents or $1 coupon... I might just tear a new one... I would like to pay it fair and square.. but at times it's in convenience of purchasing the coupon, tearing and it takes times..

I am the kind that I dun care about the parking rate.. so long it ERP type.. I go in and pay for what it's worth.. :P

Imagine this scenario... if you discovered that you tore the wrong p.m tab when you return to your car but auntie fatimah wasn't around that day to give you that fine. . . at 9p.m the same day when you are out for supper, will you reuse that coupon??? I will. [dead]

tore 4 $1 coupon at 9pm, u might as well say can use for overnight [laugh]

HDB has records ... some ppl commit offences like umpteen times, obviously appeals unsuccessfully.

My view is this: A successful appeal is a bonus, not an entitlement. How in the world are you going to substantiate and convince HDB that it was accidentally torn, and that the coupon was not an old coupon used the night before ??? Difficult right??

Such tickets I also kena before. Just take it in the right spirit.

<not vested either way>

HDB has records ... some ppl commit offences like umpteen times, obviously appeals unsuccessfully.

My view is this: A successful appeal is a bonus, not an entitlement. How in the world are you going to substantiate and convince HDB that it was accidentally torn, and that the coupon was not an old coupon used the night before ??? Difficult right??

Such tickets I also kena before. Just take it in the right spirit.

<not vested either way>

i agree, but look at HDB's reply,

...we do not impute any deliberate intention on your part to commit the offence....

so thing is, they felt that i have no intent to commit the offence, but i still LL have to pay the fine [hur]

Neutral Newbie

i agree, but look at HDB's reply,

...we do not impute any deliberate intention on your part to commit the offence....

so thing is, they felt that i have no intent to commit the offence, but i still LL have to pay the fine [hur]

i.e., they agree that it was an honest mistake on your part as you have mentioned, but it is still a mistake nevertheless, so... there you go.

Of course we all understand that it was a good thing you were the occupant of that parking lot, otherwise, given another perpetrator may not have torn a single coupon at all and yet received the same fine. HDB could have lost 4 more dollars.

IF there is no delibrate intent on my part to commit the offence, then WHY am i given the summon???

=====

no deliberate means we know you are not cheating but its a still an offence, pls pay up.. <_<

i've been replying this same message for the past 2-3 mths.... "i've never heard of success story recently".., or should i said after the news about "who" loss bil... come on, we know who need to help plug the holes lar..... ..

dont waste the stamp.... [:(]

↡ Advertisement