Parking coupon cheating offence

Jeronleow

Hi bros and sis. My friend recently got caught for tampering his parking coupon. The attendant waited for him to return to his car and asked to see the tampered coupon. Did anyone here got into the same offence before and anyone know what is the penalty for such offence? Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros and sis. My friend recently got caught for tampering his parking coupon. The attendant waited for him to return to his car and asked to see the tampered coupon. Did anyone here got into the same offence before and anyone know what is the penalty for such offence? Thanks!

First Timer? Bye Bye to $800 - $1000 SGD.

[dead]

Neutral Newbie

I have alot of friends doing that and they are telling me that they save alot of $$$ in the long run. But caught once and all gone. Totally not worth doing it.

There is a difference between:

(1) Not putting a parking coupon - this is not a crime, but you will be fined.

(2) Having a valid, but expired coupon - again, this is not a crime, but you will be fined.

(3) Tampering a coupon, with the intent to cheat.

Item (3) is a crime. It is considered a cheating case and will be filed as one.

URA will refer this matter to the Singapore Police Force.

It is not a joking matter.

It is no different from cheating in business (people running away with money), or cheating on OPC coupon.

These kind of low-lives, like your friend, should be despised by society in general and be given a harsh punishment, even if its for the first time ..... jailed even.

I have no mercy for such low-lives.

Neutral Newbie

A friend of mine kena before for tampering/reusing his night coupon. $50 fine and warning.

should be 300 bucks. these carpark enforcement guys has the right to summon even if u refused to show them the said ticket.

i'm also shock to hear some of my colleagues are doing tat too!

Hate to say this, but we need more of such ppl cos if the coffers are full, then there will be less efforts to increase ERP, increast costs for us honest folks :D:D

Neutral Newbie

$300. Tell your lowlife friend he can afford to buy a car and cannot even afford to pay a 50cents or 1dollar coupon? Is it worth it? Tell him please don't bother to appeal. He should learn a hard lesson and pay up the fine.