Can port over carplate no?

Ryosuke

understand that if buying a new car is not a problem.

if buying a used car, can still port over current car plate no?

thanks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

i heard port to used car, need to pay ard $1300.

s$1300 is only for new number to old car, if old number( registered & current ) to old car no need only need to pay the transfer fee of s$300. The s$1000 is for registration of the new number. Pls check & read at LTA webby.

• Praise 1

s$1300 is only for new number to old car, if old number( registered & current ) to old car no need only need to pay the transfer fee of s$300. The s$1000 is for registration of the new number. Pls check & read at LTA webby.

You sure?I'm quite sure this is not what the LTA officers are telling me.

im very sure u are wrong and you got both mix-up. please check again.

I just retained my old no and transfer to a old car. LTA charges is S$1300.

From new normal registration number (not bidded no) to old car, you only pay S$300 transfer fee.

From your current old number to a new car, you only pay (i think) S$100 transfer fee.

Edited by Mcf777
  • Praise 1

im very sure u are wrong and you got both mix-up. please check again.

I just retained my old no and transfer to a old car. LTA charges is S$1300.

From new normal registration number (not bidded no) to old car, you only pay S$300 transfer fee.

From your current old number to a new car, you only pay (i think) S$100 transfer fee.

I think that was what i meant - I did the transfered last year.

Old number to old car = s$300

Old number to new car = s$1300

New number to old car = s$1300

New number to New car = s$1000

Right ?? reason being $300 is a transfer fee & $1000 is a new car registeration fee.

Since old car to old car, both cars already paid the registeration fee, then only need to pay the transfer fee maaaa !!

I may be wrong but i did some transfers last year but not the old car number to old car yet.

Thanks for sharing .................

Neutral Newbie

Right ?? reason being $300 is a transfer fee & $1000 is a new car registeration fee.

Since old car to old car, both cars already paid the registeration fee, then only need to pay the transfer fee maaaa !!

I may be wrong but i did some transfers last year but not the old car number to old car yet.

wow lta really tan tio man....

• Praise 1

I transfered my old car's number plate to my new car and my new car's number plate to my old car. In short a swap.

And I paid only $150 for everything. [thumbsup] My mazda agent helped me settle it.

Neutral Newbie

existing number to new car - $100

existing number to existing car - $1300

A car number plate transfer to B car. A car will be given a new number, its number goes to B, B car original number gone.

if wan mutually swap number is $2600.

bid new number n put on new car - minimum $1000 for bidding, no admin charge

bid new number and put on existing car - $1000 for bidding n $300 for admin

want to de-reg car but new car haven arrive, need to retain number plate - pay $1300, LTA issue new number to existing car to de-reg, exisiting number put aside. after registering new car with retained number plate, LTA will refund $1200. conclusion = retain existing number to new car - $100

Edited by Ahdi

Bro, i think u really need to call LTA to convince yourself whether yr answer is right or wrong.

If not, whatever people says may not be able to convince you.

LTA Tel : 1800-Call LTA

Neutral Newbie

CAN I PLEASE ASK A QUICK QUESTION!

recently i sold my car to a buyer through this agent who FORGOT TO RETAIN MY CARPLATE for me. now, the ownership has been transferred to the buyer and LTA says its not possible for me to transfer the license plate back to myself.

anyone knows any solution for this? I need this carplate very badly.

thanks!!

• Praise 1

Supercharged

recently i sold my car to a buyer through this agent who FORGOT TO RETAIN MY CARPLATE for me. now, the ownership has been transferred to the buyer and LTA says its not possible for me to transfer the license plate back to myself.

thanks!!

ask the new owner to transfer it back to you.
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Old number to old car = s$300 ($1300)

Old number to new car = s$1300 ($100)

New number to old car = s$1300 ($300)

New number to New car = s$1000 ($0)

All wrong. 0 marks. Answers in red. 

Extracted from LTA

Fees to Replace A Vehicle Registration Number

Retained Number

(a) No additional charge if the owner had previously paid $1,300 to retain his/her vehicle registration number; or

(b) Top up $1,200 if the owner had previously paid $100 to retain his/her vehicle registration number.

Bid Number

$300 (subject to GST) in addition to the bid amount that was paid.

Edited by Dilemma
  • Praise 4

thanks!!

Buy back from the new owner

↡ Advertisement