Condensation in my headlamp.

Enduro25

hi MCF bros, i currently encountered a problem for my car whereby 1 of my headlamp having condensation which result in water inside it..Is there any way which i can solved it myself or any wkshop to recommend to rectify tis..Thx..

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I had the same experience previously. What I did before I park under the hot sun was to remove the bulbs (main light, high beam, pole light, any one will do). This will ensure that evaporation can be done properly. You may have to park under the hot sun for a few days.

try to check if the seals on the head lamps are worn out... sweating head lamps aren't very good, especially when the monsoon season's right around the corner... and i'm sure having a mini fish tank in the lamp cluster isn't what you want as well.. [laugh]

you can first try and confirm the leak by testing the affected area... get a good sealing tape for example those rubber based one for air conditioning and see if you still have the same problem... it's not gonna be aesthetically nice though.. but try it out for a few weeks and see if water still leaks into your lamp cluster... if not, you can just peel it off when you dun want it anymore...

i've experienced sweating on my left head lamp.. my mechanic put that black gluey tape on the top of my head lamp where the joints meet and it solved the problem.. i experienced it especially after washing my ride with a pressure hole blasting through the crevices of the front of the car...

if the leak is located, it'll be easier to fix the sealing even with DIY, and it saves the hassle of re-doing the sealing of the water leakage still persists...

^_^

↡ Advertisement